Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:49:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is that it for Darkcoin?  (Read 4477 times)
circusmidget11

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

GOOD Dev

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:17:06 AM

Dark was too good to be true and you know what they say, if it sounds too good to be true then it usually is.  You can try to hold and see if it would rise again.  I mean look at BTC, it's finally back over $500 after sitting around $425 for the longest time.

GOODcoin - C-Cex Vote - Poloniex Request -
GOOD: GcFTMgVKLGrGjY4Vm1XD8tP4vUsS64uqWw
carlosadams

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:08:00 AM

You are just stupid... go to multilevel marketing or something like that at least you will had a unusefull products in your house to feed your baby instead of a virtual crypto code.... common are you serious with this?? ir its just a joke... i can belive how desperate and stupid can be the people
theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 02:26:55 AM

you had to be smart like me and buy at .00345.  then you don't have to worry about feeding your family.

but serious advice when it drops to .0225 sell it and when it rises to .03 buy it back again.  that's how you make money.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 02:56:11 AM

You do know this coin has a questionable past involving instant mining. Did you do any due diligence before buying in?

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:12:19 AM

I just want to know. I saw this thing happening, and I went for it, its my first big trade, I put everything I had, my whole savings into. I bought it too late because I was scared. But it kept growing. I bought at .0269, it barely got any higher, then it started to drop. I feel like such a fool. I thought this was the answer to my prayers. I have a baby daughter and a wife. I blew it. Darkcoin f**ked me. I don't know what to do now, I'm still holding my coins. I feel I need to vomit.
 Sad
If you want to trade, you must learn about markets. Sometimes wisdom about markets is counter intuitive.
In life we are taught to hold our ground in adversity.
Don't do this in markets. Have a 10% stop loss, and preserve your capital. (Actually 10% stop loss may not be appropriate...you need to work out an appropriate stop loss  given your situation and this coin)
dark0ne

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:14:11 AM

OP is pathetic.

as someone pointed out .. BTC has risen about 10% or so in the past few days ... soo.. USD-wise, you havn't really lost anything.

and a 10% drop is nothing. you should sell all your DRK tho, because you are stupid and deserve it.
no alt-coin is going to make YOU rich overnight.

just reading your post makes me want to punch you in the face ...
you should cut off your arm and your leg and feed it to your stupid baby.

we didn't take you babies milk, you did.

you don't understand what you are investing in and you deserve to lose it.
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:21:02 AM

You guys are delusional.

Cryptos are Not Stocks.

You cannot compare Bitcoin and alt coins to the freaking stock market.

In alt coins, there is no such thing as price corretions, or reading charts to figure out the next rise, it's too unpredictable. Unless you're a millionaire pumping coins, you cannot predict anything.

DRK could reach $400 before settling, no one knows for sure, as it depends on DEMAND and SUPPLY.

Again, I cannot stress enough, this isn't the freaking stock market, and those rules and techniques do not apply here.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:37:30 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 04:54:08 AM by Vann

You guys are delusional.

Cryptos are Not Stocks.

In alt coins, there is no such thing as price corretions, or reading charts to figure out the next rise, it's too unpredictable. Unless you're a millionaire pumping coins, you cannot predict anything.

DRK could reach $400 before settling, no one knows for sure, as it depends on DEMAND and SUPPLY.

Again, I cannot stress enough, this isn't the freaking stock market, and those rules and techniques do not apply here.

^^^ TRUTH.

Short-term alt price moves are dominated by whales that pump and dump hundreds and even thousands of BTC in and out of a coin. You are essentially at their whim if you day trade alts. If you guess wrong and get in or out at the wrong time, you could be stuck with a bag of overpriced coins or if the coin takes off, stuck on the sidelines. The smaller the marketcap, the easier it is to manipulate the price. Using stop loses and technical analysis when day trading alts just plays in to this. You also have to consider multipools that mine the most profitable alts, only to dump piles of coins on to the exchanges.

A simple investment strategy for the long term is to invest in a coin you believe in and wait until you are able to get back your initial investment by selling 10% of your coins and then selling another 10% every time the price doubles from there. That way you will be to take advantage of any continuing appreciation by not cashing in too early and you are guaranteed to come out ahead no matter what happens. You can also adjust the percentage to your particular needs and it removes short term volatility based on manipulation from the equation.
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:24:03 AM

Isn't there a hardfork to implement Darksend in the next week or so? I'm not an investor, but it's certainly not "it" for Darkcoin.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
dark0ne

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:44:17 AM

^^ don't listen to him OP... that is "it" ... darkcoin has died. it will N-E-V-E-R go above 0.024 ever ever again. EVER.
ubuw00d

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:45:49 AM

vn10vn: Please consider what others have mentioned about being more careful. Practice frugality! Putting all your savings in the one basket (DRK) alone is a bad idea, let alone all your savings in Crypto. Diversify your assets and above all take the time to thoroughly research what your intend to invest in, of course it's never guaranteed to be an earner, but at the very least you will be more educated and thus confidant in your decision making.
buttersX

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:57:42 AM

I just want to know. I saw this thing happening, and I went for it, its my first big trade, I put everything I had, my whole savings into. I bought it too late because I was scared. But it kept growing. I bought at .0269, it barely got any higher, then it started to drop. I feel like such a fool. I thought this was the answer to my prayers. I have a baby daughter and a wife. I blew it. Darkcoin f**ked me. I don't know what to do now, I'm still holding my coins. I feel I need to vomit.
 Sad

I bought litecoins for nearly 40$, but look at it now  Grin I am still holding, because I invest only money that I can afford to lose. That should be your lesson.
Goodl luck!

I would've switched my ltc for dark when it started going up. There is not much innovation with litecoin, and now that asics have taken over that market, there won't be much change in the marketcap of ltc if you don't count the relation to btc price change in it.

I disagree.  Prices aside, there IS innovation with litecoin.  It started a whole avalanche of new coins because it innovated by changing the proof of work algorithm.

I also think you have it backwards.  When asics really take hold (we haven't seen anything yet), the marketcap will of course be affected.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:37:08 AM

next time don't buy at the peak of the pump, you should buy coin when they seems dead, not when they are pumped
brooklynite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:43:40 AM

next time don't buy at the peak of the pump, you should buy coin when they seems dead, not when they are pumped

exactly, thats why most are cashing out of dark and buying coins like MZC, CASH and NET. Those that appear to be dead.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:21:06 AM

Cryptos are Not Stocks.

Charts have nothing specifically to do with stocks, although much American thought is of this persuasion, due to the popularity of Elliot Wave theory.

Charting was independently developed in places like Japan, in the rice market.
Charting is about trends and supply and demand, and works better IMHO in cryptos than in the stockmarket
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:07:10 AM

Sad

go to https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/155 and click on 1M

DarkCoin is on an unbroken upward trend. Not the slightest indication of a "This is it". (till now)

>I put everything I had

stop gambling. Why  tradeing everything or nothing? It's not the stock market where you pay courtages and if you deal with little money they eat up the win.

>my whole savings into.

irresponsible

> I bought at .0269, it barely got any higher, then it started to drop.

1M chart. You see the bumbs. You bought on top of the new one. Certainly if you had bought in the top of the 2 before you had done the same post and whit a lot more drama because they broke in more. Imagine a bown line smoothly attached to the bottom of the charts.
if it doesnt cross that line than everything is still in its intact upward trend. That includes the bump corrects which seems to be about 2 or 3 days. Start to worry when it breaks that trend.

> I feel like such a fool.
> I feel I need to vomit.

The sign that you took too much risk and know it. You should start to think over how you trade.
You can be glad that you picked the one of those "shit alt coins" as you see them judge by your post history i read that is extremly resistent to the usual alt hype, pump and dump that you have in other coins. So you have a very good chance not to lose your investment and even profit from it.

>Darkcoin f**ked me.

You should read your posts in this threads and count how many times you blamed all the others for your mistake.
There is absolutly no one you can blame except you. Before you are 100% clear about this thing you should stop trading because you do it 100% wrong then.

> I don't know what to do now, I'm still holding my coins

Don't panic and observe. And don't forget you can trade in small parts. No point in playing everything or nothing games. If you get too uneasy sell a part of it to reduce the potential you can lose and release the preasure on your stomach.

And yes DRK is the one alt coin that made the race. It's bitcoin, litecoin darkcoin. It became visible 1 or 2 month ago to a lot of people and thats the reason darkcoin gained so much value and will most probabily continue to gain value. People became aware of that.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:55:01 AM

I say pump it to the sky so that it can fall that much harder.

Soiledcoin did the same thing and got to 0.045 BTC per SC.

And now that coin is all but dead. It was a scam. DRK is closed-source when it comes to transactions. That is a huge fail on the term of accountability of coins. Otherwise what is to stop someone from just creating more DRK? What stops the devs from doing something like doing this? lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

IloveAnonCoin

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:25:27 AM

THE FACTS ABOUT DARK COIN

1. released without windows QT so that only dev and pals could mine it.

2. Instamined harder than any other coin out there  12.5% of the current minting was mined in the first day

3. Later they decided to cut the minting by 75% to turn their 12.5% instamine with no windows QT into 50% instamine in 24hours - nice hey

yes that is correct they mined 50% of all the coins available at this time by themselves in the first 24 hours whilst windows users could not mine.

That is the facts.... doesn't matter what else they say... nothing can change what they have done.

Once zero coin, or bytecoin with a decent wallet it released or another darkcoin clone is released.... dark coin will sink like a stone.

Every time they try to spam their coin just post this to remind them of the facts about their coin.
luke997

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:16:07 AM

Obvious trolls are obvious trolls. Check those user's history, enough said.

For everyone else.
wiki.darkcoin.eu/wiki/FAQ
https://darkcointalk.org/
piyany

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:19:14 AM

THE FACTS ABOUT DARK COIN

1. released without windows QT so that only dev and pals could mine it.

2. Instamined harder than any other coin out there  12.5% of the current minting was mined in the first day

3. Later they decided to cut the minting by 75% to turn their 12.5% instamine with no windows QT into 50% instamine in 24hours - nice hey

yes that is correct they mined 50% of all the coins available at this time by themselves in the first 24 hours whilst windows users could not mine.

That is the facts.... doesn't matter what else they say... nothing can change what they have done.

Once zero coin, or bytecoin with a decent wallet it released or another darkcoin clone is released.... dark coin will sink like a stone.

Every time they try to spam their coin just post this to remind them of the facts about their coin.

For anyone looking at the DRK/BTC market action this could not be more obvious.

People do not realize this coin will never get into major fiat exchanges. Even btc-e since that would threaten litecoin.
The dark markets will never use it over bitcoin. Convenient tools that enable anonymity in bitcoin will be developed.
Merchants will avoid it for reputation sake

There gonna be lots of bagholders when this hype over not-fully-implemented closed-source anonymity feature ends.  

Not saying it's a shit coin, it IS innovative. But its just overhyped due to this big never-ending pump.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: