Bitcoin Forum
September 02, 2024, 04:39:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Multibit Wallet do this?  (Read 697 times)
Gwallet7 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:44:53 PM

I wanted to hear back from anyone who is knowledgeable about Multibit.

I'm asking this question because shortly, I will need to use the data in my Multibit Wallet as a record of income received.

This image will help describe my question:  http://oi60.tinypic.com/2vtsc8w.jpg 

Anyway, being a little bit new, I think I have accidentally combined some of my accounts.

Specifically, I wanted to know 2 things about how the Multibit Wallet works.

My first question is:  Is it possible, to remove 1 or even 2 of the Wallet folders that you see on the left side without deleting them?  (meaning, can I create a brand new Multibit Wallet, and transfer the folders for Wallet #2 and #3 below to the brand new Multibit Wallet?)

My 2nd question is:  Is it possible to delete some of the "rows" that you see inside my wallet below, or is that functionality not possible inside Multibit?  ( Meaning, is it possible to delete 1 or more of the "payment received" rows that you see below?

I appreciate all help.  Thank you.
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:33:05 AM

Hi
not sure if understand but I'll try to help.

My first question is:  Is it possible, to remove 1 or even 2 of the Wallet folders that you see on the left side without deleting them?  (meaning, can I create a brand new Multibit Wallet, and transfer the folders for Wallet #2 and #3 below to the brand new Multibit Wallet?)

Yes, you can close wallets (go File/CloseWallet) - it will disappear from Multibit but stays on your harddrive) or

I understand you just want to make new wallet which will contain some transactions from those three wallets. Right?
that is possible by import/export affected address to new }or existing walet.

BUT READ ABOUT PRIVATE KEYS BEFORE YOU START MESSING IT UP, AND KEEP BACKUP COPY

My 2nd question is:  Is it possible to delete some of the "rows" that you see inside my wallet below, or is that functionality not possible inside Multibit?  ( Meaning, is it possible to delete 1 or more of the "payment received" rows that you see below?

Afraid it's not that simple. You should create new wallet and import all addresses you want there, then you can close previous wallet.

P.S. I can reccommend you to use Armory. I found it much clearer,because you can add own comments to each address and every single transaction.
Helps me to keep tracking my income.

bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:27:53 PM

yes this is possible, but be sure to make a backup beforehand to not lose any money. Multibit has a 'close wallet' option which removes the wallets from Multibit but not from your harddrive. I dont think the version number is an issue, but I cannot confirm.

Im not sure about this

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:07:10 PM

Try Armory. It has a lot of features and gives you more control over your wallet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: