Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:04:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware using Localbitcoins SMS!  (Read 537 times)
saddambitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:47:05 PM

I had to cancel a cash deal today because I sent SMS release code and did not receive any reply. Had no other way of accessing the site on me.

Don't 100% trust using Localbitcoins SMS - they are having SMS delays of at least 30-40 minutes.

brokjen420

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:32:43 PM

on't 100% trust using Localbitcoins SMS - they are having SMS delays of at least 30-40 minutes.

yea i had .6 btc stolen from me yesterday beacuse i didnt use sms. it was gone in 2 seconds

i recommend using every availible secuirty measuer possible to gaurd your online btc and your wallets beacuse if you dont you shouldnt use btc anyway beacuse you will end up loosing all your investments

your family will tell you ha shouldnt have bought into that scam coin nonsense called BITCOIN

when the real trouble was you/me not using BTC safegaurds such as sms....   FFFMT*... (crys*) (sniffels*)

they stole all my btc  in 2 seconds :L( from both cryptsy and localbitcoin i thought i was downloading a 32bit darkcoin miner on cryptocointalk.org( WAS A TROJAN) he had my btc before i could send it

all beacuse of not using the SMS verification method so blaintanly described as a defence against people stealing your btc.  Meow im so mad sad unglad pissed kissed dissed im gonna go lay down (heart palpitations)

"Brokjen420 passed away during the writing of this message boop didddley do bop smokie to much weed"
 sgt mayer

Banned By Cryptsy chat Mods and Removed my Coins in 2015 Phew
 https://freebitco.in/?r=349706
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 12:04:47 PM

Wait, I think you two are describing different problems. brokjen420, you got btc stolen because you installed a trojan. But OP is describing a problem where there is a lag in the localbitcoin system.

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 12:07:38 PM

I'm about to use localbitcoins right now. Is this problem something that just happened?

OP, if you had your phone on you to send SMS release code, then you could also use the browser on your phone to log in your localbitcoin account to manually release the btc. Am I missing something here? This glitch sounds pretty alarming.

saddambitcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:28:30 PM

I'm about to use localbitcoins right now. Is this problem something that just happened?

OP, if you had your phone on you to send SMS release code, then you could also use the browser on your phone to log in your localbitcoin account to manually release the btc. Am I missing something here? This glitch sounds pretty alarming.

I just noticed your reply. This was something that happened yesterday afternoon (Friday 5/23). I had never had troubles with the LBC SMS system so I didn't even think of bringing a backup way to access the site. I have all my passwords in a password manager on my computer so I don't even know the PW to login, otherwise I would have done it manually. Lesson learned.

Check the forums on LBC and look for a post called "SMS failure", you'll see that others were experiencing the same issues.

Luckily I got back home in time to cancel the deal.

saddambitcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:33:49 PM

on't 100% trust using Localbitcoins SMS - they are having SMS delays of at least 30-40 minutes.

yea i had .6 btc stolen from me yesterday beacuse i didnt use sms. it was gone in 2 seconds

i recommend using every availible secuirty measuer possible to gaurd your online btc and your wallets beacuse if you dont you shouldnt use btc anyway beacuse you will end up loosing all your investments

your family will tell you ha shouldnt have bought into that scam coin nonsense called BITCOIN

when the real trouble was you/me not using BTC safegaurds such as sms....   FFFMT*... (crys*) (sniffels*)

they stole all my btc  in 2 seconds :L( from both cryptsy and localbitcoin i thought i was downloading a 32bit darkcoin miner on cryptocointalk.org( WAS A TROJAN) he had my btc before i could send it

all beacuse of not using the SMS verification method so blaintanly described as a defence against people stealing your btc.  Meow im so mad sad unglad pissed kissed dissed im gonna go lay down (heart palpitations)

"Brokjen420 passed away during the writing of this message boop didddley do bop smokie to much weed"
 sgt mayer

I'm sorry to hear that, what I was complaining about was the SMS system lagging when I sent LBC the release code to transfer funds to a buyer.

The best security measure is do not store any BTC online until you absolutely have to, and always use 2 factor authentication.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: