Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:44:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is BITCOIN more expensive than other cryptocurrency?  (Read 3778 times)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:55:53 PM

adoption rates.

often times the first thing to the marketplace, that gets the most adoption is the one that does the best. at least until something replaces it.

why is amazon.com #1  and not walmart.com ?   why is youtube #1  and not dailymotion ?  its not just that they are good products and services, its that they got to the market first and thats what everyone uses.

Why is facebook #1  but other social media sites that have offered more than facebook flop...again, facebook got there first.

The first doesnt always win, but so long as they dont muck up heavily, they usually remain a powerhouse.

This is absolute BS.

Facebook was 2004, Myspace was over a year before that.
Walmart.com was 1995, Amazon was the same year

Don't make up things to prove a point when you aren't even using accurate examples. The only one you got correct was YouTube.

First mover advantage is real though.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:50:46 PM

adoption rates.

often times the first thing to the marketplace, that gets the most adoption is the one that does the best. at least until something replaces it.

why is amazon.com #1  and not walmart.com ?   why is youtube #1  and not dailymotion ?  its not just that they are good products and services, its that they got to the market first and thats what everyone uses.

Why is facebook #1  but other social media sites that have offered more than facebook flop...again, facebook got there first.

The first doesnt always win, but so long as they dont muck up heavily, they usually remain a powerhouse.

This is absolute BS.

Facebook was 2004, Myspace was over a year before that.
Walmart.com was 1995, Amazon was the same year

Don't make up things to prove a point when you aren't even using accurate examples. The only one you got correct was YouTube.

First mover advantage is real though.

Until something better comes along (such was the case in the above scenarios). I was just pointing out that the information he was using to justify his reasoning was completely incorrect.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:58:41 PM

its not about first mover at all.

its about utility.

show me 30,000+ businesses that accept dog or nxt.
show me atleast 2 dozen places to swap altcoins for fiat
show me a altcoin forum that has more posts and discussions then this forum

show me games that are not copy and paste jobs (EG dragons tales) that accept altcoins
show me proper large scale use of an altcoin.......

bitcoin is NOT expensive, its altcoins that are too chap and/or worthless

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:28:40 AM

Most Bitcoin newbie ask this question:
Why is BITCOIN more expensive than other cryptocurrency?

Bitcoin was the first in the market, that's why you are starting to see a lot of fortune 500 companies starting to support Bitcoin.
Sure, once in a while, they'll throw money around on the table to support other cryptocurrency coins.

1)  Your username is an advertisement to your website.
2)  You create tons, and tons, and tons of new threads with silly questions or news articles everyone has already read, most likely so people see your business.
3)  You try to draw further attention to your threads by selecting a unique icon like a "thumbsup" so it stands out from the other threads.
3)  Naturally you also have a signature advertising your business.

You are here to get business.  

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
MyPotPlantDied

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:04:30 AM

First mover advantage has a lot to do with it. Imagine if when the Cyprus crisis happened we had all the altcoins that we have today - no way Bitcoin would have shot up so much as quickly as it did.

But now it has by far the most money backing it in way of businesses, investors, developers, etc. so that's the reason it is still #1 !!
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:36:33 AM

First mover advantage has a lot to do with it. Imagine if when the Cyprus crisis happened we had all the altcoins that we have today - no way Bitcoin would have shot up so much as quickly as it did.

But now it has by far the most money backing it in way of businesses, investors, developers, etc. so that's the reason it is still #1 !!

No. Bitcoin is still #1 because none of the others are bringing anything truly new to the table (at least in terms of what matters). Anonymity? ASIC-proof? Lower energy usage? None of these are relevant in the overall picture. They are just to entice miners into joining.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:53:22 AM

Simply because it's used by more than more than ten thousands merchhant if not hundreds thousands...
I guess maybe millions of humans overall..

Quite simple eh !!!
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:10:36 AM

Most Bitcoin newbie ask this question:
Why is BITCOIN more expensive than other cryptocurrency?

Bitcoin was the first in the market, that's why you are starting to see a lot of fortune 500 companies starting to support Bitcoin.
Sure, once in a while, they'll throw money around on the table to support other cryptocurrency coins.

1)  Your username is an advertisement to your website.
2)  You create tons, and tons, and tons of new threads with silly questions or news articles everyone has already read, most likely so people see your business.
3)  You try to draw further attention to your threads by selecting a unique icon like a "thumbsup" so it stands out from the other threads.
3)  Naturally you also have a signature advertising your business.

You are here to get business.  

-B-

So what?

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:11:57 AM

Bitcoin price initially was very low (like alts atm) in comparison to where it is today. Maybe some (a few) alts will also become a rocket like bitcoin. Also, if you look at the nature of things, it is always diverse, so I think diversity in crypto's not bad, but unity in diversity is advisable.

Far too many people think that altcoins are going to go up over the next 4 years. The issue here is that they are tied to Bitcoin. For the collective value of altcoins to go up by 50%, BTC has to go up by 50%. This is because there can't be more value in alts than there are in BTC, or we'd end up with another partial reserve system.

Darkcoin hasnt followed that path however, demand for a coin is the #1 reason for price increase, if no one is after a partucluar coin, it has no value.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Neg

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:04:26 AM

I think it's pretty obvious why it's the most expensive. It's bigger in every way.
SOAD

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:05:26 AM

I think it's pretty obvious why it's the most expensive. It's bigger in every way.

It's not bigger in terms of amount of coins compared to some. Bitcoin just has the brand though and that's a big plus.

kokoarm

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:45:29 AM

because people pay more for it?
Neg

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:48:00 AM

lol, well I guess it always comes down to supply and demmand  Grin.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:22:51 PM

People are ready to pay more, as they don't want to lose their money in some pump-and-dump shit-coin. Greedy people who invest in shit-coins, hoping to multiply their money by 100 times overnight will lose everything.  Grin
21pilot

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:02:48 PM

People are ready to pay more, as they don't want to lose their money in some pump-and-dump shit-coin. Greedy people who invest in shit-coins, hoping to multiply their money by 100 times overnight will lose everything.  Grin

in the late 2013 rally altcoins made a few people quite rich  Grin
But nowadays you´re right that the hopes of increasing an investment by buying altcoins by  100 times are really delusional.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:20:33 PM

But nowadays you´re right that the hopes of increasing an investment by buying altcoins by  100 times are really delusional.
Altocoins believers want to achieve Bitcoin-like returns without producing Bitcoin-like innovations.

The only reason early Bitcoin miners got incredibly wealthy is because they were doing something that had never been done in the history of the species.
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:11:11 PM

The anser is one:
Because BTC is the queen! It is better in every way then the others.
BR
JJB

Activity: 131

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:12:47 PM

It's more expensive because its in demmand and people are using and spending it.
21pilot

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:46:53 PM

It's more expensive because its in demmand and people are using and spending it.

majority of bitcoin owners are currently holding their bitcoins instead of spending them.
(just look at the amounts the biggest bitcoin address contain -> probably all in cold storage = the BTC won´t be spend in the near future)

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:49:01 PM

Altocoins believers want to achieve Bitcoin-like returns without producing Bitcoin-like innovations.

The only reason early Bitcoin miners got incredibly wealthy is because they were doing something that had never been done in the history of the species.

The thing is that cryptocurrencies in general are very new and still in their infancy.

The way i look at it is that bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency, but that doesnt mean more technologically advanced coins wont come out, and indeed they are.

Bitcoin is quite inferior in lots of ways, especially speedwise.
In saying that, bitcoin still serves its purpose as a reserve currency, but dont expect it to be used in retail shops soon, no one can wait 10 mins to confirm a transaction.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: