Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:33:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why bitcoin is going nowhere (too hard to buy bitcoin)  (Read 8890 times)
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:33:42 PM

Ok, so I want some bitcoin in Australia.

What are my choices?

There are so many ways to get bitcoin.

Signature advertising
Provide services (on this forum), for example write some text, site reviews etc;
Sell products for btc
Sell services for btc
Bitcoin ATM. See http://bitcoinatmmap.com/  Shows two ATMs in Australia if you zoom in. In Melbourne and Dunning.
Work for btc (lots of jobs)
Make a website with (bitcoin) ads.
Faucets (gets you some btc, but mostly waste of time)
Meet people on a bitcoin conference, trade there. http://www.btcconference.com.au/

If you can't find a way to get bit coin you aren't trying very hard.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:24:49 AM

Grasshopper , where is your imagination..
Simply buy some online good that someone is willing to trade for bitcoin, its as simple as that

cheers
qora dan

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:26:08 AM

I agree if your in the UK you can buy from bittylicious but selling is always a bit of a pain
Ninietz

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:12:29 PM

Dude, come to continental Europe and I'll put you in touch with some local traders...
Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:50:37 PM

Ok, so I want some bitcoin in Australia.

What are my choices?

There are so many ways to get bitcoin.

Signature advertising
Provide services (on this forum), for example write some text, site reviews etc;
Sell products for btc
Sell services for btc
Bitcoin ATM. See http://bitcoinatmmap.com/  Shows two ATMs in Australia if you zoom in. In Melbourne and Dunning.
Work for btc (lots of jobs)
Make a website with (bitcoin) ads.
Faucets (gets you some btc, but mostly waste of time)
Meet people on a bitcoin conference, trade there. http://www.btcconference.com.au/

If you can't find a way to get bit coin you aren't trying very hard.

Bitcoin is much easier to buy today then it was even a year ago.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Skele

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:33:04 PM

LocalBitcoins works fine just be careful with the thrust, buying is a piece of cake, selling is harder i guess.
kuusj98

Activity: 812

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

I think BTC-e still doesnt require any information as far as private information goes, it's just a tip.

BTW, now I wonder what MT.gox did with all the personal info they got, hmm..
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:30:40 PM

I think BTC-e still doesnt require any information as far as private information goes, it's just a tip.

BTW, now I wonder what MT.gox did with all the personal info they got, hmm..

It's not that easy for non-eastern europeans to get fiat on BTC-e last time I checked anyway. Is it different now?
Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:19:02 AM

LocalBitcoins works fine just be careful with the thrust, buying is a piece of cake, selling is harder i guess.
As long as you use a non-reversible, tractable payment method to purchase the bitcoin you will be protected by their escrow system.   

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jjc326

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:42:20 AM

No I think OP has a good point for the "average joe". Guys, yes, we can all get bitcoin if we want it but think about your parents, your friends, who don't know anything about bitcoin. They need to be able to buy it with linking their bank account to some online site, and it needs to be 100 percent legit and them do it with a click of the finger.  It is a bit of a hassle to use local bitcoins even IMHO.
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:22:16 AM

No I think OP has a good point for the "average joe". Guys, yes, we can all get bitcoin if we want it but think about your parents, your friends, who don't know anything about bitcoin. They need to be able to buy it with linking their bank account to some online site, and it needs to be 100 percent legit and them do it with a click of the finger.  It is a bit of a hassle to use local bitcoins even IMHO.
Why can't they all simply use a bitcoin ATM? We are somewhat limited as to where you can use a ATM like this but the number of locations are expanding.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:06:21 PM

Isn't there a newer company that is out there that is supposedly pretty close to Coinbase (but for Australian citizens)?   I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, but I remember reading about it recently...
liberland

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:35:21 AM

It's true.  You can go into Walmart, buy a debit card, load money on it.  Go to Amazon.com (or Walmart.com) and buy anything you want. 

Hell...with the cash, you can buy ANYTHING you want in the US.  ANYTHING.  Of course, not more than $10K, but you can buy TVs, iPads, iPhones, etc etc and then resell them and launder the money anyway...if that is what they don't want you to do.

These people are scumbags (bankers and the one's who think they are overlords).

It's ALL about envy...NOTHING else. 
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 10:45:37 AM

sadly i think until bitcoin can be acquired directly at your local job, with your wage, there is not faster way to get them besides circle or exchange

when employers will be payed directly with bitcoin, there will be a revolution indeed, but again it is a thing that it will come with a better adoption
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 12:31:34 PM

sadly i think until bitcoin can be acquired directly at your local job, with your wage, there is not faster way to get them besides circle or exchange

when employers will be payed directly with bitcoin, there will be a revolution indeed, but again it is a thing that it will come with a better adoption

Local bitcoins is a good alternative specially if you meet with someone to pay you in cash for the extra privacy, but in general is annoying as hell to deal with exchanges and no one wants to give data to some overseas based exchange, thats why Gemini will be a good hit, it finally solves the buying problem.
UPROAR

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 05:29:00 PM

I was wondering for anyone in the UK what is the current situation with bitcoin and is it growing over here??

plus how can I help this forum?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 07:33:02 PM

I was wondering for anyone in the UK what is the current situation with bitcoin and is it growing over here??

It all seems pretty peaceful here to me. The US is a whirlwind of innovation and progression in comparison. There's still very few places to use it.

As for the OP, ATMs make sense but there are so many different types and so many varying levels of personal info rape that they may not be any better than an exchange.

There have been numerous attempts such as zipzap to be able to buy it over the counter at your local store. That all seems very quiet these days.

Some of the Chinese exchanges got around banking restrictions by operating a voucher system to be able to deposit for a while. That's something that I think would work very well.

At most supermarkets these days you can pick up mobile phone credit, itunes and google play vouchers by the checkout. If you could bring that ease to buying BTC it would be a boon.
evenlydistributingfuture

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 12:40:50 AM

Definitely true that it's not there yet in terms of easy acquisition of bitcoin. Non-tech people want something simple and clear, not convoluted or involving lots of effort on their part. If BTC doesn't make it as the prime cryptocurrency, or id digital currency doesn't take off at all somehow, then this will be high on the list of reasons why.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 08:13:47 AM

In the Netherlands it is extremely easy and fast to buy bitcoins. We have a service called bitonic.nl that uses our local online payment system (ideal) to process the payment. It is like buying something online and the coins get included in the next block!
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 06:05:41 PM

Here in germany are a lot of sites that sell bitcoins, so here it is also very easy to buy it.
I only go too google and type "buy bitcoins" and the first page i see is full of bitcoin shops and instructions how i buy bitcoins.

I think in australia are also a few shops where you can buy bitcoins very fast and uncomplicated.
And when not, then buy it on a non australian side.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: