Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:17:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the pessimism?  (Read 4752 times)
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 04:59:58 AM

its not hard.. bet against the starfish for short periods..

Watch for peaks, dont trade much, if your 2.5 to 1, just trade on that using 2-1 levys..  keeps some breathing room

the spreads go very wide on movements, do a trade when the spread is close..  anything around 5 cents or less is a very close spread, the norm is roughly 10-12 cents.

The spread is bitcoinicas profit built in.. so you have to go through the spread before you see profits

Good to have USD in bitcoinca, less risk of liquidation due to btc price dropping shrinking your overall worth

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teflone

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 05:04:59 AM

Also try not to use the "instant" market sell buy buttons, if you make an advanced placement, and mark it a cent or 2 in favor of your trade, it will usually execute on a better price if you can wait.

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 05:23:28 AM

ok good advice will, will keep that in mind

my first move will be to wait for a good shorting opportunity... say 50$ or so  Wink  jk..

teflone

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 05:29:19 AM

I've also noticed, dont be greedy, be happy with any profit, there will be lots of time to trade, baby steps..

Closing in the green and not waiting for it to go a ridiculous amount more profit is usually the smarter move..

in a nutshell, grab what little profit you can when you can and be sastisfied, and start again..

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 05:44:47 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2012, 06:08:52 AM by adamstgBit

I've also noticed, dont be greedy, be happy with any profit, there will be lots of time to trade, baby steps..

Closing in the green and not waiting for it to go a ridiculous amount more profit is usually the smarter move..

in a nutshell, grab what little profit you can when you can and be sastisfied, and start again..

ya ... i learnt that lesson yesterday... i should have taken my 10$ profit at 6$.. now the best bid on virtex is 5.7 Sad

mind you 5.7 would mean 4$ 1.65$ profit, but i know they are worth more then that MTGox says they are!  LOL i love bitcoin

I had a smoke and i thought, bitcoina is bull shit, Z is saying he will lend me money if i play by his rules, F that I have money, i dont need his....

teflone

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 06:10:46 AM

ya ... i learnt that lesson yesterday... i should have taken my 10$ profit at 6$.. now the best bid on virtex is 5.7 Sad

mind you 5.7 would mean 4$ profit, but i know they are worth more then that MTGox says they are!  LOL i love bitcoin

I had a smoke and i thought, bitcoina is bull shit, Z is saying he will lend me money if i play by his rules, F that I have money, i dont need his....

Its safer if you dont over extend yourself.  

I also messed up on virtex yesterday, an impulse sell on a false signal, and a stupid rebuy higher as the signal didnt come to fruition..

So lost a small amount, a coin or less..

Do yourself a favour and look at the 30 day MACD, you'll see that its bound to swing up eventually, so keep that in mind mid term..

Theres as ebb and flow to the market, weekends usually bring on the slow decline because of the banks being closed, and wednesdays the cash comes in from your typical deposit from the banks, and we have a nice upswing, have saw this now 5 weeks in a row, since I started watching..

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 06:14:15 AM

ops made a mistake, only 1.65$ profit at 5.7

I'm starting to lose my cool...  Undecided ...SELL SELL SELL!  Wink

teflone

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 06:18:55 AM

ops made a mistake, only 1.65$ profit at 5.7

I'm starting to lose my cool...  Undecided ...SELL SELL SELL!  Wink

More you watch it the more youll trade too..  dont over analyze..over trade..

Going short on bitcoinica with a coin or two, try that for the weekend.. and close sun night, mon morn..

If you get liquidated, Ill chip in half cause your a canuck.. Wink

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 06:20:54 AM

mind you 5.7 would mean 4$ profit, but i know they are worth more then that MTGox says they are!  LOL i love bitcoin

Its safer if you dont over extend yourself.  

I also messed up on virtex yesterday, an impulse sell on a false signal, and a stupid rebuy higher as the signal didnt come to fruition..

So lost a small amount, a coin or less..

Do yourself a favour and look at the 30 day MACD, you'll see that its bound to swing up eventually, so keep that in mind mid term..

Theres as ebb and flow to the market, weekends usually bring on the slow decline because of the banks being closed, and wednesdays the cash comes in from your typical deposit from the banks, and we have a nice upswing, have saw this now 5 weeks in a row, since I started watching..

after seeing that big buy, i was thinking the up would come sooner rather then later...
OH 5.93.. 5.94799 here it comes! Grin

teflone

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 06:23:17 AM

Its risky right now, but if you can grab short as close to 5.90 on bitcoinica, and ride it down a bit past the spread till your in the green a bit is decent plan..

Edit, VERY risky, shit is all over the place right now.. but the weekend decline usually happens..

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 06:32:59 AM

Its risky right now, but if you can grab short as close to 5.90 on bitcoinica, and ride it down a bit past the spread till your in the green a bit is decent plan..

Edit, VERY risky, shit is all over the place right now.. but the weekend decline usually happens..

ya, i dont see it going low enough to make this worth while, ill just have to wait a few days to short

the weekend thing is intermittent, some weekends people are ready and willing, and i think if anything excessive lows due to people not having money at the right time only leads to recods highs once they do the their money in Tongue

teflone

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 06:35:01 AM

ya, i dont see it going low enough to make this worth while, ill just have to wait a few days to short

I would go long in a few days.. fyi, shorting is for weekends.. Cheesy

Also your right, it wont go very low...

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 06:51:39 AM

ya good plan, me I'm going to try and sell about half, iv been sitting on my trades for about 7 days, buy@5.8 5.6 5.2

so it appears to make sense for me to hedge

teflone

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 07:03:03 AM

ya good plan, me I'm going to try and sell about half, iv been sitting on my trades for about 7 days, buy@5.8 5.6 5.2

I wish virtex had more volume, but at times there is massive arbitrage ops...

But a little more volume would be nice..

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 07:22:59 AM

I wish virtex had more volume, but at times there is massive arbitrage ops...

But a little more volume would be nice..

ya, it makes pushing coins harder

that's part of the problem.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 07:26:09 AM

you would think Canada would have more % of different ethnicity, since our government treats migrants much better then US

M4v3R

Activity: 607

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 07:24:43 AM

This was a major market force down so I think we are ready to ramp up.

Nope.  The only indicator that matters says go short.

you're very wrong. binary indicators are worthless, and your spamming the forums with this kind of post means that the market is likely already corrected for it.

Do you still think that this 'indicator' is worthless and market already corrected for it? It doesn't seem so Cheesy
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 08:02:59 AM

03:01:29 > Current trend: -0.08000 USD, Volume:20975.5031 BTC

Be humble!
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 08:11:32 AM

03:01:29 > Current trend: -0.08000 USD, Volume:20975.5031 BTC

i woke up to the noise of a growling bear.
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 09:53:07 AM

This was a major market force down so I think we are ready to ramp up.

Nope.  The only indicator that matters says go short.

you're very wrong. binary indicators are worthless, and your spamming the forums with this kind of post means that the market is likely already corrected for it.

Do you still think that this 'indicator' is worthless and market already corrected for it? It doesn't seem so Cheesy

fits and starts. still nowhere near the $5.00 lows we saw before the beginning of the Great Bitcoin Comeback. don't be so easily discouraged. this is one small drop after days of steady growth.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: