Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:51:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interested in Mining  (Read 932 times)
spike520 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:24:58 PM

Hello everyone,

I have an i7 intel quad core processor and an AMD Radeon HD 4850 series graphics card...I am interested in giving bitcoin mining a go but dont know what the best options for hardware would be for my computer, also noted..i do not pay for electricity. any suggestions?
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:39:14 PM

Hello everyone,

I have an i7 intel quad core processor and an AMD Radeon HD 4850 series graphics card...I am interested in giving bitcoin mining a go but dont know what the best options for hardware would be for my computer, also noted..i do not pay for electricity. any suggestions?

I suggest you do some forum reading as this has been asked....ohhhh.....100 times in the past month alone. All you need to know and then some is already posted for your viewing pleasure.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
spike520 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:40:56 PM

ok thanks
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:41:07 PM

Hello everyone,

I suggest you do some forum reading as this has been asked....ohhhh.....100 times in the past month alone. All you need to know and then some is already posted for your viewing pleasure.

If you aren't bothered, let me explain.
Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmOzih6I1zs
Bitcoin mining is dead for people like you.
titan86

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:17:13 PM

Hello everyone,

If you aren't bothered, let me explain.
Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmOzih6I1zs
Bitcoin mining is dead for people like you.

Indeed, it's to late to start mining bitcoin.
I would suggest you to try mining altcoin. There're thousands of them - all you need is to choose the most interesting for you
Good luck !
sabreezie

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:54:55 PM

I agree with titan86  - you'd better to mine one or several altcoins.

Look at Darkcoin, Bytecoin (BCN), Zetacoin and Mintcoin.

As for me I just realised that I am to late to mine BTC. Unfortunately there was no on to tell me that. And now I am in searching what to mine instead
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 08:16:42 PM

I agree with titan86  - you'd better to mine one or several altcoins.

Look at Darkcoin, Bytecoin (BCN), Zetacoin and Mintcoin.

As for me I just realised that I am to late to mine BTC. Unfortunately there was no on to tell me that. And now I am in searching what to mine instead

Yes that's what you should do, that's what I did when I started on this forum like 7 months ago.
I Looked at all the altcoins and saw mintcoin, flappycoin and dopecoin had potential.
I bought some mint with 20 euro, few weeks later it was worth 200 euro but it all crashed down again and I never sold and still not selling!
And I mined flappycoin but they flappy didnt do so good in the end, but its still alive with new dev's
And dopecoin I loved it because it had weed and freedom.

So i would say just look around that altcoin section and find your coin's
spike520 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:00:12 PM

thanks for your advice guys, i really appreciate it. i'll consider either litecoin or mintcoin..i better do some reading up on them first see what potential they have.
hulk

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:52:04 PM

Hello everyone,

Since you have a really good processor and an ok graphics cards. I would advice you to mine x11 with your graphics cards and CPU coins with your processor. Mining bitcoin directly would get you no where.

Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:57:48 PM

Hello everyone,

Since you have a really good processor and an ok graphics cards. I would advice you to mine x11 with your graphics cards and CPU coins with your processor. Mining bitcoin directly would get you no where.
The 4850 is not an OK graphics card, it was released in 2008, it's really old gen.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Ikaex

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:15:23 PM

are there any good cpu coins that are still going?
hulk

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:19:15 PM

Hello everyone,

The 4850 is not an OK graphics card, it was released in 2008, it's really old gen.

Its old but it should work still, it gets about 110 kh/s from scrypt and might be good with x11. not sure...

spike520 (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:03:09 PM

its ok, maybe mining isnt for me anyway but i'll keep it in mind
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: