Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:29:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Maieuticoin | 2014% PoS | 10k/MMXIV and BALLS/MMXIV Markets NOW OPEN  (Read 283072 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 03:38:25 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2015, 03:56:15 PM by vegasguy

Im trying to word this right without sounding egotistical, but it needs to be said. When small wallet holders dump cheap to "make a few bucks", it hurts everyone in the coin, and it devistates those at the top that have risked thousands and thousands of dollars. Please if your just here to make a few bucks a day to suppliment your fixed income, please dump and be done, this coin is not for you. Im going to say this gently,"go in hard or GTFO".

Vegas
If you're at risk of being devastated by someone dumping the coin then you have probably over-extended yourself. Do you buy shares of stock in companies and then go plead for people not to sell shares on stock trading boards? Same thing. People invest in coins (and stocks) for various reasons and with various strategies. It's nice for you to hope everyone has a buy and hold strategy but the reality is that not all are on that page. Some are happy with a 20% return. There are probably plenty of people who picked up M coin for pennies and are now dumping for a 10x gain or more. This may be short-sighted in your opinion but they are locking in profits which is never bad. The market is what the market is, get used to it.

First I dont over extend myself, I dont ever play with what I can't lose. What Im saying is that there are HUNDREDS of choices of coins out there. I believe MMXIV is very special, and targeted to a FEW high end players. Im hoping to gather a community of holders that are on the same page. Players that have a long term hold strategy, and are in it to raise the price. When the price went over .03 btc last night, I didnt sell, I BOUGHT, because my interest lies in the coin and the top holders, and the I want to see the price go as high as possible and see everyone that is very serious about this coin enjoy the rewards for their risk and trust. Yes, Im trying to filter the penny players, and create a community of like minded holders that are in it for big profits. Ill do whatever it takes to make that happen. The good news is I know most of who are the top 10 wallet holders, and that is why I want to try to make this coin special, because they are holders and pumpers, and are like minded, and understand money. If it means I have to control most of the coins to control the price, then whats what I will do, because I don't dump, not even at .039. Don't doubt for one second that I can't. If my statements offend you, then im talking about YOU.

Vegas

Hmmm... this kind of gave me an idea.. @Spots.. in the future what about creating a coin where YOU handpick the walletholders, and YOU email the wallet to those that have performed the best with MMXIV, hold the most and worked to promote the coin and raise the value. It might be something similar to MMXIV, but it would be private, and people that would want in would have to email you and request permission and a Wallet. It will NOT be public, but traded publicly. Perhaps it would be based on performance of mmxiv wallets. Maybe they would need to be invested in MMXIV for atleast 3 months and a wallet review before approval. Maybe call it "MMXV" ..LOL. This will make it VERY elite and very hard to get into, and raise the price of MMXIV at the same time. You can thank me later Wink

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 03:58:02 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2015, 04:15:56 PM by iGotSpots

Im trying to word this right without sounding egotistical, but it needs to be said. When small wallet holders dump cheap to "make a few bucks", it hurts everyone in the coin, and it devistates those at the top that have risked thousands and thousands of dollars. Please if your just here to make a few bucks a day to suppliment your fixed income, please dump and be done, this coin is not for you. Im going to say this gently,"go in hard or GTFO".

Vegas
If you're at risk of being devastated by someone dumping the coin then you have probably over-extended yourself. Do you buy shares of stock in companies and then go plead for people not to sell shares on stock trading boards? Same thing. People invest in coins (and stocks) for various reasons and with various strategies. It's nice for you to hope everyone has a buy and hold strategy but the reality is that not all are on that page. Some are happy with a 20% return. There are probably plenty of people who picked up M coin for pennies and are now dumping for a 10x gain or more. This may be short-sighted in your opinion but they are locking in profits which is never bad. The market is what the market is, get used to it.

First I dont over extend myself, I dont ever play with what I can't lose. What Im saying is that there are HUNDREDS of choices of coins out there. I believe MMXIV is very special, and targeted to a FEW high end players. Im hoping to gather a community of holders that are on the same page. Players that have a long term hold strategy, and are in it to raise the price. When the price went over .03 btc last night, I didnt sell, I BOUGHT, because my interest lies in the coin and the top holders, and the I want to see the price go as high as possible and see everyone that is very serious about this coin enjoy the rewards for their risk and trust. Yes, Im trying to filter the penny players, and create a community of like minded holders that are in it for big profits. Ill do whatever it takes to make that happen. The good news is I know most of who are the top 10 wallet holders, and that is why I want to try to make this coin special, because they are holders and pumpers, and are like minded, and understand money. If it means I have to control most of the coins to control the price, then whats what I will do, because I don't dump, not even at .039. Don't doubt for one second that I can't. If my statements offend you, then im talking about YOU.

Vegas

Hmmm... this kind of gave me an idea.. @Spots.. in the future what about creating a coin where YOU handpick the walletholders, and YOU email the wallet to those that have performed the best with MMXIV, hold the most and worked to promote the coin and raise the value. It might be something similar to MMXIV, but it would be private, and people that would want in would have to email you and request permission and a Wallet. It will NOT be public, but traded publicly. Perhaps it would be based on performance of mmxiv wallets. Maybe they would need to be invested in MMXIV for atleast 3 months and a wallet review before approval. Maybe call it "MMXV" ..LOL. This will make it VERY elite and very hard to get into, and raise the price of MMXIV at the same time. You can thank me later Wink

It wouldn't be hard to do that, similar to what CLAM did with BTC. Why would it be traded publicly, though, if only selected people had wallets? That would require people to leave coins on exchange as their only option, which I advise against

Plus with how people react to anything I do, something private like that would have massive amounts of FUD just because people don't like me as a person and nothing to do with the coin

forbesmining

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 03:59:41 PM

I thought I was paying a lot when it was .0145, who knew those were the good old days  Cool
Cheers M coin, it's a fun ride on this staking beast.

foolio

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 04:19:53 PM

Vegas

Small wallet holder here.

I buy when I think it's cheap, and I sell when I want to take profit or think I can buy it back later for cheaper. I will never make or avoid trades for the purpose of not devastating larger holders. I trade for my personal profit, playing the swings, without the slightest consideration to protect the questionable investments of larger players, or anyone else for that matter, which if large holders are "devastated" by small wallet dumpers, then the investment is definitely questionable in my opinion. Risking thousands of dollars that you would be "devastated" to lose, is idiotic in my book, and I'm not in the business of making futile efforts toward protecting idiotic investments of other people.

The sentiment that people should make trading decisions based on protecting other people's interest is ludicrous. Trading is a competitive activity, like poker... with everyone looking to make profit for themselves, more or less at the expense of some other traders.

I started out buying 1 MMXIV coin. I sold it for double what I paid, then bought 2x as much when the price came back down. I've done that several times over, earning back my original investment in BTC, plus I now have over 7 coins that are "freeriding", most of which are for sale at over 0.07 on the book, but I would sell them at any cheaper price if I became convinced it was in MY best interest to do so.

Zero fucks given whether this coin is "for me" or "not for me" or who it's "targeted for". I will continue to trade and sell at whatever prices I think are most profitable FOR ME... just like everyone else, probably including yourself.

umad bro? Cheesy
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 04:26:55 PM

I thought I was paying a lot when it was .0145, who knew those were the good old days  Cool
Cheers M coin, it's a fun ride on this staking beast.

So you got a good ride then.
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 04:31:33 PM

Vegas

I buy when I think it's cheap, and I sell when I want to take profit or think I can buy it back later for cheaper. I will never make or avoid trades for the purpose of not devastating larger holders. I trade for my personal profit, playing the swings, without the slightest consideration to protect the questionable investments of larger players, or anyone else for that matter, which if large holders are "devastated" by small wallet dumpers, then the investment is definitely questionable in my opinion. Risking thousands of dollars that you would be "devastated" to lose, is idiotic in my book, and I'm not in the business of making futile efforts toward protecting idiotic investments of other people.

The sentiment that people should make trading decisions based on protecting other people's interest is ludicrous. Trading is a competitive activity, like poker... with everyone looking to make profit for themselves, more or less at the expense of some other traders.

I started out buying 1 MMXIV coin. I sold it for double what I paid, then bought 2x as much when the price came back down. I've done that several times over, earning back my original investment in BTC, plus I now have over 7 coins that are "freeriding", most of which are for sale at over 0.07 on the book, but I would sell them at any cheaper price if I became convinced it was in MY best interest to do so.

Zero fucks given whether this coin is "for me" or "not for me" or who it's "targeted for". I will continue to trade and sell at whatever prices I think are most profitable FOR ME... just like everyone else, probably including yourself.

umad bro? Cheesy

We aren't really talking to people who are trading $20 bills. The big holders staking 50 a day and instead of compounding and using the coin properly like Fred does are the ones fucking it up

Piddly day trades are better for big holders, too. People not staking coins and leaving them on exchange increases our holdings, percentage-wise, since 5.5% daily (compounding) stake will always > network inflation

foolio

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 04:55:08 PM

Vegas

umad bro? Cheesy

We aren't really talking to people who are trading $20 bills. The big holders staking 50 a day and instead of compounding and using the coin properly like Fred does are the ones fucking it up

Piddly day trades are better for big holders, too. People not staking coins and leaving them on exchange increases our holdings, percentage-wise, since 5.5% daily (compounding) stake will always > network inflation

Hey, if my piddly trading activity is helping others is some way, that's awesome by me. But my point is that it's not a good idea to invest heavily when the success of your investment relies on other people to behave altruistically, and it seems quite silly to me to implore people to do so.

You must always expect that people are going to act in their own self interest, often stupidly to their own detriment, but regardless, it's  pointless to ask them to do otherwise out of concern for others... at least when it comes to trading.
Phosphorous

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 04:57:37 PM

Vegas

Vegas

I don't think you offend anyone, but people who are going to sell are going to sell. Everyone has their reasons for selling, and you asking them not to sell isn't going to move or persuade anyone.

Your ideals sound great on paper but sound really naive of how markets work. People who have held M coin since Nov/Dec have done very well and I'm sure more than a few are taking some profits. While you clearly disagree, I think it's foolish not to. But then I've been-there-done-that as I've made over $250k trading futures only to lose it back just as fast as I made it just because I wasn't going to be one of those "suckers" selling while I thought it was headed even higher. I have learned my lesson. And as others here have stated, I'm not going to adjust my selling to protect anyone else's interest. Sorry to disappoint you.

If you want to do anything, give people a reason to BUY.
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 04:57:51 PM

Vegas

umad bro? Cheesy

Hey, if my piddly trading activity is helping others is some way, that's awesome by me. But my point is that it's not a good idea to invest heavily when the success of your investment relies on other people to behave altruistically, and it seems quite silly to me to implore people to do so.

You must always expect that people are going to act in their own self interest, often stupidly to their own detriment, but regardless, it's  pointless to ask them to do otherwise out of concern for others... at least when it comes to trading.

There's a difference between asking people not to trade and showing them the math on how they can make more by staking

vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:21:59 PM

Yes, its true a few amateur traders that need the money do screw it up for the people trying to do big things with the coin. I thought about the idea a posted a bit ago, and wanted to add to it. So to add to my idea, a good name is "hedgefund coin". I looked it up, and there never has been one. Im not sure if HFC ticker is taken or not. Here are more ideas. The wallet id would be hardcoded or locked. In other words dev igotspots would email a wallet with a premade wallet id, and that wallet cannot create new ids. This would prevent people from giving a copy of the wallet to their friends. Maybe it could only be bought initially only with MMXIV from dev spots at a 2 mmxiv for 1 hedgefundcoin and a min of say 100 MMXIV to buy, and approved invitation based on performance history with MMXIV. POS would be very high @ around 2000%. The wallets would be the key, and control inflation as only a few chosen ppl would have them, but at the same time the coin can be traded by anyone on the exchanges. This would be so exclusive that serious hardcore investors would buy loads of MMXIV coin thus raising the price of MMXIV. So I agree with earlier statements that there are those out there that would sell at a lower price knowing full well it hurts others. They are the same people wondering why they are always broke. How is THAT style of thinking working for you? When brilliant like minded people come together, big big things just happen, it always has.

@Igotspots, I wondered what you thought of this? This would be a VERY unique coin, where nothing else like it has been done before. Investors would be chosen, and handpicked. Tier 1 filter would be you choosing who you want in the fund, and tier 2 filter would be the price starting at 2 MMXIV for 1 hedge. Only a select few would have the wallet that creates very high pos with a very high priced coin. Perhaps a public ann here, and a private forum/website, and a user id and password would come with the wallet. This would keep inflation WAY down, and prices way up on MMXIV and Hedge.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
foolio

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:27:23 PM

Vegas

umad bro? Cheesy

There's a difference between asking people not to trade and showing them the math on how they can make more by staking

Agreed.

Explaining to people why it's not profitable for them to sell and why it's in their interest to hold/stake/compound is going to carry much more appeal than asking them not to sell because large investors will be devastated if they do so.
ntsdm

Activity: 157

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:32:28 PM

self interest is key to survival for everyone!and bottom line is we are all here for that reason !
but first things first........
has anyone thought that they may be speaking in vain because the actual interested party dose not even speak English?
please remember that access is world wide and many people dont even come here to read a forum that they cannot read or understand.thus the reason i said speaking in vain.
the principals and functions are sound and good and the ideas are solid but without actually finding out who is the problem and where they are?and they  may be unaware of their actions. located  and approaching them in a nice manner to possibly teach them  something they might need to know.
all of this  must still be considered when dealing with people that have  reasonable access to disposable funds.
everyone has their own mind and everyone sees the same thing just a slight different then all the others.
when i say red..... who really knows what color or how intense the color really is? even if we both are looking at the same drop of blood.
its a question of perception.
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:38:11 PM

self interest is key to survival for everyone!and bottom line is we are all here for that reason !
but first things first........
has anyone thought that they may be speaking in vain because the actual interested party dose not even speak English?
please remember that access is world wide and many people dont even come here to read a forum that they cannot read or understand.thus the reason i said speaking in vain.
the principals and functions are sound and good and the ideas are solid but without actually finding out who is the problem and where they are?and they  may be unaware of their actions. located  and approaching them in a nice manner to possibly teach them  something they might need to know.
all of this  must still be considered when dealing with people that have  reasonable access to disposable funds.
everyone has their own mind and everyone sees the same thing just a slight different then all the others.
when i say red..... who really knows what color or how intense the color really is? even if we both are looking at the same drop of blood.
its a question of perception.

Agreed.. and thats why I proposed a new coin to the dev so he can check and do his best to make sure that the right kind of people are invited to this new unique coin. Everyone IS different, thats what makes the world turn, and at the same time, those minds that think alike now would have the option of an exclusive coin that you have to earn / prove your way into.

@Igotspots, if you choose to create this coin, I would love to work with you on this on the financial/creative side. I know nothing about coding, but Im excellent on the financial end. IF you create this coin I would love to review the applications also. Im retired, it will give me something to do.

Vegas

ntsdm

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:39:30 PM

Yes, its true a few amateur traders that need the money do screw it up for the people trying to do big things with the coin. I thought about the idea a posted a bit ago, and wanted to add to it. So to add to my idea, a good name is "hedgefund coin". I looked it up, and there never has been one. Im not sure if HFC ticker is taken or not. Here are more ideas. The wallet id would be hardcoded or locked. In other words dev igotspots would email a wallet with a premade wallet id, and that wallet cannot create new ids. This would prevent people from giving a copy of the wallet to their friends. Maybe it could only be bought initially only with MMXIV from dev spots at a 2 mmxiv for 1 hedgefundcoin and a min of say 100 MMXIV to buy, and approved invitation based on performance history with MMXIV. POS would be very high @ around 2000%. The wallets would be the key, and control inflation as only a few chosen ppl would have them, but at the same time the coin can be traded by anyone on the exchanges. This would be so exclusive that serious hardcore investors would buy loads of MMXIV coin thus raising the price of MMXIV. So I agree with earlier statements that there are those out there that would sell at a lower price knowing full well it hurts others. They are the same people wondering why they are always broke. How is THAT style of thinking working for you? When brilliant like minded people come together, big big things just happen, it always has.

@Igotspots, I wondered what you thought of this? This would be a VERY unique coin, where nothing else like it has been done before. Investors would be chosen, and handpicked. Tier 1 filter would be you choosing who you want in the fund, and tier 2 filter would be the price starting at 2 MMXIV for 1 hedge. Only a select few would have the wallet that creates very high pos with a very high priced coin. Perhaps a public ann here, and a private forum/website, and a user id and password would come with the wallet. This would keep inflation WAY down, and prices way up on MMXIV and Hedge.

Vegas

i would say this is actually a very simple job to do...... make a special line of the Yeti and use a hardware key code for access that way everything can be opensource but still protected and regulated
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:42:30 PM

Vegas

i would say this is actually a very simple job to do...... make a special line of the Yeti and use a hardware key code for access that way everything can be opensource but still protected and regulated

+1000

foolio

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:43:18 PM

Yes, its true a few amateur traders that need the money do screw it up for the people trying to do big things with the coin.

Personally, I'd be a bit sketchy about investing large into something that can be so easily screwed up by a few amateurs selling out cheap.  Actually, I never invest large in any crypto, but instead start in any market with a very small amount and build up my position only by profitable trading. If I can manage to build up to 20+ coins, perhaps I'll stake some of them. I know that if I had bought 1 coin and started staking it, there is no way I would have 7 coins + BTC investment recouped by now, so trading for me seems more profitable than staking... but I'm an amateur so what do I know, lol Cheesy
ntsdm

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:47:32 PM

Yes, its true a few amateur traders that need the money do screw it up for the people trying to do big things with the coin.

Personally, I'd be a bit sketchy about investing large into something that can be so easily screwed up by a few amateurs selling out cheap.  Actually, I never invest large in any crypto, but instead start in any market with a very small amount and build up my position only by profitable trading. If I can manage to build up to 20+ coins, perhaps I'll stake some of them. I know that if I had bought 1 coin and started staking it, there is no way I would have 7 coins + BTC investment recouped by now, so trading for me seems more profitable than staking... but I'm an amateur so what do I know, lol Cheesy

that is a perfect example of why it would be selected individuals and not open to public destruction
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:52:34 PM

The only problem with a hardware wallet is hardware fails, and WHEN it does you lose everything. Im liking a software wallet still. Atleast I can make a backup of it, and have it on a few computers.

vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:53:59 PM

that is a perfect example of why it would be selected individuals and not open to public destruction

You truly get it!!!

+1000

Vegas

ntsdm

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:55:30 PM

Vegas

i would say this is actually a very simple job to do...... make a special line of the Yeti and use a hardware key code for access that way everything can be opensource but still protected and regulated.

The only problem is hardware fails, and WHEN it does you lose everything. Im liking a software wallet still. Atleast I can make a backup of it.

loololololololol
please dont get me wrong but software fail safes for hardware failure is actually very common.
look at how much apple has made by that simple fact.....
hp line of hardware specific servers still carry hardware coed to allow access
and the list goes on for days...... that is the lease of a problem
as for registration they send their keys to a protected database held by the dev could even be a crude solution
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: