Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:55:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Maieuticoin | 2014% PoS | 10k/MMXIV and BALLS/MMXIV Markets NOW OPEN  (Read 283070 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 08:20:51 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2015, 08:57:30 AM by iGotSpots

Creating a new chain and allowing a swap from MMXIV to the exclusive chain would be ok. All swapped MMXIV would be destroyed, obviously. That's an easy alternative. If I did it that way, I would do the swap first, figure out how many are being traded, then premine the exact amount and distribute. That way the swappers would control the supply, or lack of, not me

I'm not sure what the reason for a new chain would be other than exclusivity. If that's what you're looking for, just buy every MMXIV  Wink

I don't need, or want, to run an ICO, though, in which anyone keeps any funds. Anything raised would need to be destroyed for me to even consider an idea

DUDE....!!!!
i hope you noticed?HuhHuhHuh?   you got spots!
i would say before embarking on a endeavor of any kind it would certainly be best to have a full and very precise game plan!
for now the MMXIV is still open to all that can afford it. in other words its open to every tom dick and hairy woman on the planet! sure the major stock holder is important and has alot of reasoning behind what he is saying but even if i agree with him or more then him it is still something to pass the common censorious prior to making any more..... meaning having a royal flush already in hand before you make the bet!
VEGAS----- fine tuning your ideas and making a solid game plan would only help thing
and im so sorry your from vegas........when you need a break come on up to Reno and we can chat!!!!!!

Well this is his idea, not mine, really, but I'll help anyone do whatever they think will help raise the value if it's a reasonable plan

ntsdm

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 11:50:28 AM

a reasonable plan? ..........
we all join forces and set up a booth at the world fair called......The Crypto Coin Recovery Booth
considering that crypto is intoxicating and toxic i think people should hand us all their crypto coin for safe disposal  so they will not have to bare the burden anymore.
put a webcam there and take a before and after pic of their faces and sell it to them after the deed is done.

just to break the monotony. 
and all the proceeds and earnings will go to the poor bastards that actually but up the booth and they will live happy every after!

can i get a big AMEN?

reasonable is many different solutions and many different via's to arrive there. dont try to please all the people all of the time...just some of the people some of the time while not offending anyone along the way........ called damage control.....

no more amen people now we need to put on our thinking caps and make the best possible solution for this community.
even if it is having vegas play gate keeper on the markets for the time being. obviously he has vested interest and that at times changes a persons reasoning pattern. could be good  and could be bad but involving  several people in this situation is best and not 3 or 4 only.....
20...30...40 people combining their thoughts and coming to an agreement for the financial stability of  MMXIV is better then taking the voice of this poor bastard that is writing all of this crap "myself intended".
personally i dont want 400 people yelling at me because i mad them all lose money, and this is crypto so the possibility of a wrong move could cause even that. but 40 heads deciding what to do would make it a larger acceptance and less vulnerable to attacks and ridicule even if we dont see this or hear it.

Root Cause Analysis

what is causing us to think on these tearms?
what is causing the issue and what would be the final objective plausible for it? the start the building blocks from the ground floor up.
keeping everyone involved in every turn of events .... except for vegas as he will be playing the goalie at the exchanges and that should keep him busy.................  where did he go anyway? haven't heard from him for a bit ?if he was in Reno and not Vegas i would say he went to the brothel but its me in  RENO..Roll Eyes))
PLEASE PLEASE DONT TAKE ANYTHING I SAY OFFENSIVELY AS IT IS TRULY NOT MEANT TO BE OK GUYS?
but keeping a lil humor mixed with things makes it easier to study the problem and solutions with an open mine or mind? pun intended
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 03:43:26 PM

Its near impossible to offend me, as Im the one causing the mayhem in the first place. Ive been called crazy, and worse, and it doesnt bother me. I DONT want to be like everyone else.  Reno is awesome btw, loved it. A nice break from Vegas. Nice people from there too. I wanted to say something offensive, but I cant. Your cool, and Reno is a mini Vegas. In all seriousness Ive been in the cryptogame for over a year now, and I have certainly paid my dues, and I was hoping that a dev will build a unique coin , that is special and not just available to everyone. MMXIV is public and ppl have a right to throw it away if they want. Ive been playing with money most of my life so I know how to make the best of any situation with it. If people want to sell cheap, thats all good, their loss, my gain. But at the same time I try to create something positive out of every situation. In the end its supposed to be fun. I love crypto because there are surprises every single day, if their wasnt I wouldn't play.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 12:46:00 AM

If you guys just want your own MMXIV fork with a coinswap and destroy the original MMXIV that's traded over, that's very simple to do. I can give you the coin and handle a swap that is in a reasonale timeframe, but doing anything with it after that would be up to you. The coin wouldn't break, but the promo stuff is not something I can take on

chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 12:59:11 AM

I vote to leave MMXIV alone.  Let them create a whole new coin.  Don't screw with this one now... 

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 01:06:00 AM

I vote to leave MMXIV alone.  Let them create a whole new coin.  Don't screw with this one now... 

All that would do is lower the supply of MMXIV, making each one not swapped worth more. It wouldn't be a bad idea and gives a fair point of distribution at a stable price without an ICO

Why do all ICO's have to be based off BTC with the dev pocketing the funds? Why can't another coin ICO off MMXIV and destroy all the funds raised instead?

ntsdm

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 11:18:24 AM

All that would do is lower the supply of MMXIV, making each one not swapped worth more. It wouldn't be a bad idea and gives a fair point of distribution at a stable price without an ICO

Why do all ICO's have to be based off BTC with the dev pocketing the funds? Why can't another coin ICO off MMXIV and destroy all the funds raised instead?

sounds like a trip to the world fair HuhHuh
LOLOLOL

excellent thought by the way.......
makes  the gears turn and spin!!!
dow1135

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 12:25:15 PM

Hello everyone, I've been accumulating and staking MMXIV for about a month now and I really like the coin but i'm not liking the discussion going on in here.

Correct me if i'm wrong but from the sounds of it you want to take a decentralized crypo-currency and centralize it.

-You want to distribute the wealth to a few (The MMXIV Elite)
-then the Elite are the only ones that can create the currency
-the Elite control the money supply therefore the price

How is this different from the currant fiat system?

The whole purpose of crypto is to offer something better than currant fiat system.

I say leave it the way it is and look for ways to move a head, not back.
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 12:38:03 PM

Hello everyone, I've been accumulating and staking MMXIV for about a month now and I really like the coin but i'm not liking the discussion going on in here.

Correct me if i'm wrong but from the sounds of it you want to take a decentralized crypo-currency and centralize it.

The whole purpose of crypto is to offer something better than currant fiat system.

Anything like that would be on their own. MMXIV itself will remain unchanged; anything else is just a discussion on how these guys want to use their stash of it

vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:56:07 PM

Anything like that would be on their own. MMXIV itself will remain unchanged; anything else is just a discussion on how these guys want to use their stash of it

Ya..Im just trying to make the rich, richer, its really not a new concept Wink

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:24:16 PM

Why not just create an incentive for people to hold a certain amount of coins long term.

I am thinking make wallets that have less than 20 coins not stake

Have the stake percentage scale with the amount of coins the person holds

Rewards could be something like the following

0-19 No stake

20-30 coins 20%

31-40 coins 30%

41-50 coins 50% etc etc up to max % reward

This creates value for holding coins and is a good way to give everyone a chance to reach the max stake percentage while discouraging dumpers.

This also encourages wallets to be online and staking along with long term investment to reach the max reward

I am interested to hear thoughts on this
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:55:39 PM

Why not just create an incentive for people to hold a certain amount of coins long term.

I am thinking make wallets that have less than 20 coins not stake

Have the stake percentage scale with the amount of coins the person holds

Rewards could be something like the following

0-19 No stake

20-30 coins 20%

31-40 coins 30%

41-50 coins 50% etc etc up to max % reward

This creates value for holding coins and is a good way to give everyone a chance to reach the max stake percentage while discouraging dumpers.

This also encourages wallets to be online and staking along with long term investment to reach the max reward

I am interested to hear thoughts on this

That is what needs to be done.
ntsdm

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:58:01 PM

Ya..Im just trying to make the rich, richer, its really not a new concept Wink

Vegas

VEGAS       +1001

to everyone else....
if brainstorming to make this community better and stronger  is out of your reach the as previous posts have said.... dont overstep yourselvs.
if anything happens its because of the people them selvs that desire it.....
if we fork it
if we ipo it
 if it lives or dies
it is up to everyone even the tom dick and hairy lady down the street to either make this coin live and thrive or die
if only a few  desire to fork off into other endeavors then they will have their own road to take and if that road is re centralizing  and making  a closed coin that would be up to us "them"  damn it all i included myself into it and i tried so hard to stay out of it!
closed minds make things common
open minds make things great
if looking at an ugly picture makes you sick to your stomach then dont look!!
BUT if it makes you think on how to make one better or improve the one in hand by at least thinking on what could be done to improve it then your on the right track.

THINK

The mediocre teacher tells .
The good teacher explains .
The excellent teacher demonstrates  .
The Maestro inspires
chilly2k
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:14:04 PM

if only a few  desire to fork off into other endeavors then they will have their own road to take and if that road is re centralizing  and making  a closed coin that would be up to us "them"  damn it all i included myself into it and i tried so hard to stay out of it!

And I encourage everyone to have an open discussion on the topic.  And if that's the path you choose to take, I wish you all the best of luck.  I was under the false assumption they the discussion was about forking MMXIV into a whole new coin. 

"forking" in crypto generally means forking the block chain and having the old side dead.  In this discussion, Spot's and Vegas are talking about having a true fork.  Where the old chain will be MMXIV and the new chain would belong to the new coin.  I've never seen this done before, but understand the concept.   

I've been an earlyish adopter of MMXIV,  at least I bought in before the last fork to the higher interest rate.  I'm still on the fence about that one.  Almost felt like the community was not consulted, maybe a new coin could define the parameters and stick with them. 

Will be interesting to see how the plays out.  I'm still not quite sure how you can have a private coin that is worth anything  Or how you can keep it private yet trade at an exchange.  Maybe disable staking until the balance is a certain level?  Discourage daily dumping by making the stake time a longer duration?  Maybe something like a staking penalty for withdrawing x% of your coins.  This could be the interesting....         

ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:23:14 PM

If i am not mistaken it will be the same as what HYP did with the same chain on TRK

They forked a new coin out of TRK and both coins are alive.

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
chilly2k
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:28:24 PM

If i am not mistaken it will be the same as what HYP did with the same chain on TRK

Cool,  I didn't realize TRK was still alive.    Thanks

ntsdm

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 05:08:23 PM

Cool,  I didn't realize TRK was still alive.    Thanks
yes both are alive and thriving
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 08:15:26 PM

HYP was made from a dead coin; it's quite a different situation

ValleyOfTheWolves

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:51:59 PM

I have fucking no idea no clue what your guys talking about?  ICo coinswap bla balbalblablablabalalaa
And very upset guys around.. anggryy you name it.
Can somebody tell me in A easy way  whats going on??  Dont use very Difficult english terms .. so easy as possible im just a dutch citizen
something chances in MMxiv?
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 09:00:49 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 09:16:13 PM by iGotSpots

if only a few  desire to fork off into other endeavors then they will have their own road to take and if that road is re centralizing  and making  a closed coin that would be up to us "them"  damn it all i included myself into it and i tried so hard to stay out of it!

And I encourage everyone to have an open discussion on the topic.  And if that's the path you choose to take, I wish you all the best of luck.  I was under the false assumption they the discussion was about forking MMXIV into a whole new coin.  

"forking" in crypto generally means forking the block chain and having the old side dead.  In this discussion, Spot's and Vegas are talking about having a true fork.  Where the old chain will be MMXIV and the new chain would belong to the new coin.  I've never seen this done before, but understand the concept.    

I've been an earlyish adopter of MMXIV,  at least I bought in before the last fork to the higher interest rate.  I'm still on the fence about that one.  Almost felt like the community was not consulted, maybe a new coin could define the parameters and stick with them.  

Will be interesting to see how the plays out.  I'm still not quite sure how you can have a private coin that is worth anything  Or how you can keep it private yet trade at an exchange.  Maybe disable staking until the balance is a certain level?  Discourage daily dumping by making the stake time a longer duration?  Maybe something like a staking penalty for withdrawing x% of your coins.  This could be the interesting....        

We already have staking hardware shipped out. MMXIV itself will have nothing change until we address the protocol switch (which may or may not go live) in August. Forking the hardware units isn't hard for owners, but it's a pain in the ass for us

MMXIV itself will not be changed. What we are talking about would be a totally different chain that would co-exist, correct. The only thing that would happen to MMXIV is the total amount of current coins would drop when they are destroyed for swapping. If you like MMXIV you have to do nothing and it will make each coin you hold a higher % of the total supply

Anyway, I just threw it out as an idea for their 'elite' coin. I'm quite happy with MMXIV as it is or I wouldn't have put $1000 up saying it can't be attacked  Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: