Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:38:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Maieuticoin | 2014% PoS | 10k/MMXIV and BALLS/MMXIV Markets NOW OPEN  (Read 283070 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ValleyOfTheWolves

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:23:57 PM

you should really stop writing  you negative NANCY nobody wanna  read your Science fiction storys
And i know your buying secretly mmxiv so cheap as possible. screw you really go find another coin to bother.. just bleep off here
What's negative? It's math. Correct me if my math is wrong.
Or tell me why you think MMXIV can retain it's value when there are over 1 Quadrillion in circulation?

Im sure that in the mean time before all that bullshit happen, that the dev wil change things in the coin, i don't know what but i know
he wil plan things to go smooth. these guy is very intellegent clever is not a usual dev.
dont waste your time with your wild theories
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:25:38 PM

Phosphorous is completely correct in his calculations.  It only makes sense that eventually, each MMXIV coin is going to be worth less.  It would be foolish to think that by December when there are a billion MMXIV in circulation they will still be worth 0.02 BTC each.  As much as I'd love for MMXIV to have a market cap of $5billion I believe that is highly unlikely.

All cryptocurrencies head down this path.  As they are mined, more come into circulation, and most of the time, this devalues the currency.  The more of it available, the less it's worth.  The important metric to look at here is total market cap - and for MMXIV, this is growing steadily over the past 30 days.

The import distinction with MMXIV is your personal stake rate versus network inflation.  While you are staking MMXIV you are earning 5.5% of your balance every day.  At the same time, the network coin supply is inflating by only 4.0%.  This is an awesome system and has never been done with a POS coin before.

What this means is that as the currency devalues due to inflation, you are still earning more MMXIV in stake than the currency is being devalued by.  For example, if you were holding 200 MMXIV today and staked them for the next ~2 months, and I'll adjust the current price for inflation:

Jan 26
Current coin supply is 19,200
Your holdings are 200 MMXIV or 1.04% of the total supply
Current price is 0.02BTC per MMXIV
Your wallet of 200 MMXIV * 0.02BTC = 4 BTC

Mar 30
Current coin supply is  227,196.48
Your holdings are 5833.6 MMXIV or 2.57% of the total supply
Current inflation-adjusted price of MMXIV is now 0.0015 - assuming it dropped by 4% per day this entire period
Your wallet of 5833.6 MMXIV * 0.0015 BTC = 8.9 BTC

Simply by holding and staking these coins, your personal percent value of the market cap increased by 1.5x.  Even after taking inflation into account, you're still earning 1.5% per day.

Phosphorous

Activity: 556

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:29:42 PM

you should really stop writing  you negative NANCY nobody wanna  read your Science fiction storys
And i know your buying secretly mmxiv so cheap as possible. screw you really go find another coin to bother.. just bleep off here
What's negative? It's math. Correct me if my math is wrong.
Or tell me why you think MMXIV can retain it's value when there are over 1 Quadrillion in circulation?

Im sure that in the mean time before all that bullshit happen, that the dev wil change things in the coin, i don't know what but i know
he wil plan things to go smooth. these guy is very intellegent clever is not a usual dev.
dont waste your time with your wild theories
Wild theory? It's MATH. Tell me where my math is wrong. In math there is only one answer.
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 09:02:42 PM

The import distinction with MMXIV is your personal stake rate versus network inflation.  While you are staking MMXIV you are earning 5.5% of your balance every day.  At the same time, the network coin supply is inflating by only 4.0%.  This is an awesome system and has never been done with a POS coin before.

Every POS coin based on percentage does this.  There will always be coins on exchanges not staking, coins being transferred thus losing stake age, coins in locked wallets, coins in closed wallets.  etc...     The difference with MMXIV was the low initial supply.  When you have 10-20% of the coins on exchanges not staking you can actually measure the difference.

Phosphorous

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 09:34:08 PM

Phosphorous is completely correct in his calculations.  It only makes sense that eventually, each MMXIV coin is going to be worth less.  It would be foolish to think that by December when there are a billion MMXIV in circulation they will still be worth 0.02 BTC each.  As much as I'd love for MMXIV to have a market cap of $5billion I believe that is highly unlikely.

All cryptocurrencies head down this path.  As they are mined, more come into circulation, and most of the time, this devalues the currency.  The more of it available, the less it's worth.  The important metric to look at here is total market cap - and for MMXIV, this is growing steadily over the past 30 days.

What this means is that as the currency devalues due to inflation, you are still earning more MMXIV in stake than the currency is being devalued by.  For example, if you were holding 200 MMXIV today and staked them for the next ~2 months, and I'll adjust the current price for inflation:

Jan 26

Mar 30
Current inflation-adjusted price of MMXIV is now 0.0015 - assuming it dropped by 4% per day this entire period

Simply by holding and staking these coins, your personal percent value of the market cap increased by 1.5x.  Even after taking inflation into account, you're still earning 1.5% per day.

Thank you Mortimer. Evidently iGotSpots doesn't want anyone to see the math, he deleted my post. Wonder why? The math doesn't lie.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 09:35:40 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 09:49:36 PM by iGotSpots

Jan 26

Mar 30

Thank you Mortimer. Evidently iGotSpots doesn't want anyone to see the math, he deleted my post. Wonder why? The math doesn't lie.

Because I've been listening to you say the same thing for 6 months. 'Take profit while you can' as the price continues to climb. I'm over it. Present your math without bias and I'll leave it. It's the snarky comments nobody cares to read that get deleted; math is good

Please go away

Phosphorous

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 10:33:06 PM

Because I've been listening to you say the same thing for 6 months. 'Take profit while you can' as the price continues to climb. I'm over it. Present your math without bias and I'll leave it. It's the snarky comments nobody cares to read that get deleted; math is good

Please go away
So discussion of anything but buy-and-hold strategy is forbidden here?

I admit I have been wrong and the price has gone up. We can have spirited discussion on both sides of the topic.
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 10:52:44 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 11:15:13 PM by iGotSpots

Please go away
So discussion of anything but buy-and-hold strategy is forbidden here?

I admit I have been wrong and the price has gone up. We can have spirited discussion on both sides of the topic.

Math is fine even if it is trending negative. I don't like (and remove) the HOLD AND BUY hype, either. I don't delete unbiased posts that contain math

Phosphorous

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:08:10 PM

Glad to see you are OK with the math. Here's a re-post with the commentary removed:

If someone can provide an exact date I can calculate a more accurate percentage. Right now, if the date was December 1 (and I don't think it was) and the money supply was 2100 on that date, then the net rate of inflation is 4.0% daily. someone please tell me if you know the date and supply on that date so I can get a better number.

Below is a few charts at 4% inflation.

The supply right now is 19,200.
By May 7 the supply will be 1M. If it was 5%, we'd hit this 1 month sooner.
By the end of the year, 11.2 BILLION. If it was 5% it'd be 492 Billion.
By the end of the following year, 19 Quadrillion. At 5% it would be 28000 Quadrillion.

The difference between 4% and 5% is the supply doubling every 18 days or 14.4 days.

So even though the destruction of M-coin slows down the inflation by a percent or so, does it make much difference if the supply is 11B or 492B?

Mortimer452

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:35:23 PM

Glad to see you are OK with the math. Here's a re-post with the commentary removed:

If someone can provide an exact date I can calculate a more accurate percentage. Right now, if the date was December 1 (and I don't think it was) and the money supply was 2100 on that date, then the net rate of inflation is 4.0% daily. someone please tell me if you know the date and supply on that date so I can get a better number.

Below is a few charts at 4% inflation.

The supply right now is 19,200.
By May 7 the supply will be 1M. If it was 5%, we'd hit this 1 month sooner.
By the end of the year, 11.2 BILLION. If it was 5% it'd be 492 Billion.
By the end of the following year, 19 Quadrillion. At 5% it would be 28000 Quadrillion.

The difference between 4% and 5% is the supply doubling every 18 days or 14.4 days.

So even though the destruction of M-coin slows down the inflation by a percent or so, does it make much difference if the supply is 11B or 492B?

It does make a difference, and I think I made that clear here
Phosphorous

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:52:05 PM

It does make a difference, and I think I made that clear here
I don't disagree. That is a great illustration of how you can beat the system.
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 11:54:44 PM

It's not a matter of just fees. No coin control means you must reset every coin to properly reset each. Maturity is only 24 hours, so long term stakers only miss 1 day max if done properly. I don't care to provide features catered to those that want to stake and sell simultaneously. It's possible add coin control yourself if you want it that bad. It's all in the new source, just not properly set up, in case I change my mind in the future, but that would result in fees being significantly raised to compensate removing the 'forced' reset on non max aged coins

Phosphorous

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 12:01:30 AM

Can you comment on how the staking works as far as having your wallet open? I don't understand the mechanism for staking, which is probably the problem, but if I restart my computer and don't have a wallet running for 5 minutes, will that ALWAYS have an effect or just some times? Does the wallet have to be running continuously or is there a granularity of 1min, 5min, 10min, etc, where perhaps you could close and open the wallet and no lose any staking time?
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 12:13:01 AM

Introducing...The Snowball
The Snowball is the first unit of its kind. Not only is this a live, hardware wallet, but depositing coins to the addresses in this device will ensure your coins are always ready to stake on a stable, secure storage of wealth. Not only will this unit run nonstop, but now there are no more worries about forgetting to open your client or leaving a dedicated staking computer running at all times. Powered by nearly the small footprint of a cell phone charger, The Snowball aims to provide the first, and most energy efficient, staking hardware available on the market

The Snowball runs on a very low energy operating system with extremely efficient hardware featuring a simple, straight-forward setup that we are able to provide at an affordable price. The best thing about this unit is that you only need 1 or 2 of them; it is not a large investment for an extra layer of security and peace of mind that your funds are safe and accounted for

VERSION 2 IS COMPLETE

The raffles will start very soon

• 1 MMXIV per entry
  • 1 Winner per drawing
  • 1 Entry per person per drawing
  • Maximum of 25 entries per winner
  • International participants are welcome

All raffle winners will have their units sent out the same day we open actual sales. We have not posted an exact date, yet, but these units are ready to roll whenever we are ready to press the button

Every 25 entries a winner will be drawn. You are free to enter as many as you'd like, but only allowed a 4% chance at a win (1 entry) per drawing. Anyone found using sockpuppets will be disqualified from all future drawings. They may or may not be refunded, depending on whether they are remorseful for cheating or not

Entries and addresses will be handled via private message, with a public ledger of entries, just as we've always done

First raffle is open. This is the spreadsheet we will use for all of them
I'll update winners on the same sheet

Send me a PM and I will give you an address to send to
Also pick a number between 1 and 25 that has not yet been taken on the spreadsheet

So I guess we waiting for the last 10 tickets to sell?

Mortimer452

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 12:17:47 AM

Can you comment on how the staking works as far as having your wallet open? I don't understand the mechanism for staking, which is probably the problem, but if I restart my computer and don't have a wallet running for 5 minutes, will that ALWAYS have an effect or just some times? Does the wallet have to be running continuously or is there a granularity of 1min, 5min, 10min, etc, where perhaps you could close and open the wallet and no lose any staking time?

You don't really "lose out" on any staking if you close your wallet for an hour, or a day, or a few days.  When you fire back up, you're basically back-paid for any stakes you may have missed.  What you do miss out on is the daily compounding affect.

For example, if you closed your wallet for 3 days, you'll get a big stake when you open it back up.  But, if you had left it open, you would have gotten a smaller stake on day 1, that would have compounded and been added to day 2, which would have compounded again and been added to day 3, etc.

Closing your wallet for 5 minutes or an hour is not likely to have any measurable affect on how many coins you earned that day.  Coin age is measured in coin-days, not hours or minutes, these fractions of a day are too small to make any difference.
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 12:20:51 AM

We were just talking about this in IRC. I have a better idea, but I'll need a week or so before I can post what it is

Phosphorous

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 12:39:10 AM

We were just talking about this in IRC. I have a better idea, but I'll need a week or so before I can post what it is
If you've been staking those 15 M coins in their own wallet then you probably have 25 by now Wink
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 01:13:57 AM

If you've been staking those 15 M coins in their own wallet then you probably have 25 by now Wink

Drawing a winner for a version 2 will seem silly when you see what I post next week

Phosphorous

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:24:59 AM

Drawing a winner for a version 2 will seem silly when you see what I post next week
Let me guess... Version 3?
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 01:30:32 AM

Let me guess... Version 3?

Yes, much different. Testing new hardware this week

Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: