Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:58:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Feels like I am screaming "get off the beach" before a tsunami but no one cares  (Read 5753 times)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 10:11:18 AM

Money and banking in the U.S is as much of a religion as Christianity, of course people are going to attack something like Bitcoin because it basically flies in the face of everything people like that believe in, I consider this era our financial renaissance now and just like with the people there who believed in mathematics we also are going to get persecuted for explaining something that is blatantly obvious to anyone who will willingly pay attention.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 10:20:40 AM

That's the honest truth about taxation and the like, people like to pretend it's not what it is and cover it up, but you can't ignore the mathematics and the middle classes are always the ones who get taxed the most and I'm convinced it's because they have the fewest votes and least lobbying power, but I'd need data from several countries to back this up before I say anything for definite.
rhino34567

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:38:23 PM

linking the bell curve of bitcoin's adoption with IQ points makes me cringe.. almost everything statistically follows the bell curve. i think that's a stretch.
It's not an actual bitcoin curve, it's just a general adoption curve for innovations. That doesn't mean bitcoin has to or will follow it. For all you know, it'll be different.

Beyonce

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Surfbort.

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:44:11 PM

Keep screaming, theyll have to listen eventually.

Bow down, bitches.
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:48:37 PM

Money and banking in the U.S is as much of a religion as Christianity, of course people are going to attack something like Bitcoin because it basically flies in the face of everything people like that believe in, I consider this era our financial renaissance now and just like with the people there who believed in mathematics we also are going to get persecuted for explaining something that is blatantly obvious to anyone who will willingly pay attention.

+1  Agreed.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 03:56:50 PM

You hit the nail on the head. Capitalism is a Cult, economics is the very robust and widely-accepted pseudo-science which supports it.

Bitcoin adoption is fear of the unknown vs. greed. Greed wins in the end, the only question is how long will it take?

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
illymoka

Activity: 133

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:28:25 PM

This pictures of Bitcoin spreading the world in May 2013 and May 2014
https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FWA2NRWB.jpg&t=540&c=GNLS_ic06Sp0FA

is the best proof that those who ignore will be disgraced.
Beyonce

Activity: 86

Surfbort.

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:30:35 PM

This pictures of Bitcoin spreading the world in May 2013 and May 2014
https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FWA2NRWB.jpg&t=540&c=GNLS_ic06Sp0FA

is the best proof that those who ignore will be disgraced.

Doesnt work. Think you got the proxy there.

Bow down, bitches.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:59:41 PM

Quote from: BittBurger
Just like Obama never was really going to "Destroy America", the "Crash of the US Dollar" probably wont happen.  At least not as suddenly and dramatically as people predict.   Doomsday prophesies are always wrong.  
The irony of your last statement is hilarious.

I don't see any irony in the statement above.   Can you clarify?

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:09:00 PM

atlas shrugged is every ancap's wet dream.. even though paul ryan is the one is its biggest supporter.
enquirer

Activity: 306
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:48:49 PM

interesting thing to me is that people with higher IQ tend to be more cynical/depressed. if you're so absolutely smart, then why do you choose to make yourself miserable?

the happiest people on earth are heroin junkies a few minutes after the injection. Enjoy your high.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:03:53 PM

interesting thing to me is that people with higher IQ tend to be more cynical/depressed. if you're so absolutely smart, then why do you choose to make yourself miserable?

Happiness is not always a choice, IQ helps you only so far in life - sometimes it can be a burden. Especially, if you feel like the people around you do not understand you.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 4507

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:29:36 PM

OP is shouting get off the beach before the tsunami...........

...... im grabbing my surfboard and ready to ride this massive wave Cheesy

cowabunga!!

ill leave you to watch from the dry shores of the cliff edge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtVQJCq2cCM

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
beetcoin

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:30:54 PM

Happiness is not always a choice, IQ helps you only so far in life - sometimes it can be a burden. Especially, if you feel like the people around you do not understand you.

happiness is always a choice, because your perspective is also your choice. if you feel like nothing is ever enough, and you are money hungry, then you are probably not happy. if you feel that you don't need to live an opulent lifestyle, and just need the bare necessities, then you're happier.. because you don't demand the results from life to always be positive.
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:31:26 PM

OP is shouting get off the beach before the tsunami...........

...... im grabbing my surfboard and ready to ride this massive wave Cheesy

cowabunga!!

That works too!  Just don't sit on the sand and ignore it!  Wink

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:35:20 PM

happiness is always a choice, because your perspective is also your choice. if you feel like nothing is ever enough, and you are money hungry, then you are probably not happy. if you feel that you don't need to live an opulent lifestyle, and just need the bare necessities, then you're happier.. because you don't demand the results from life to always be positive.

Contentment with Godliness is great gain!  This is a verse I try to live by.

However, I have to remind myself of that when it comes to Bitcoin.  It can feel like I never have enough coins.  It is easy to find myself dealing with greed but I need to be content and just happy to be a part of this new technology in it's early stages:

It can get to this point if I am not careful!:

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:41:45 PM

I do not agree, we cannot be happy if one of our loved ones dies. It is not always a choice

beetcoin

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:44:15 PM

I do not agree, we cannot be happy if one of our loved ones dies. It is not always a choice

i know plenty people who have lose the people they hold near and dear, and they are still happy. what i am saying is that there are the circumstances, and then there is the way you process those circumstances. if you are cynical and think bad things, then that is the kind of experience you are creating.

why are rich people still so miserable? and why does it seem like the most happy people you know are not wealthy? because the way they look at life.
doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 02:27:15 AM

I had an intresting experience about 12months ago.  Was doing my afternoon coffee run and working for a bank.  There was a bunch of lets say, 50yos on the street corner with some signs and a bit of a stall, making noise about banks and their profits.

I though id bite, and ask what their pitch was.   What was their big idea to solve the problem.

The answer, to create another bank without fees.

FFS.  I tried to explain BTC to them.  I wish I had of recorded the comments...  In the end the told me to go away.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:28:54 AM

I had an intresting experience about 12months ago.  Was doing my afternoon coffee run and working for a bank.  There was a bunch of lets say, 50yos on the street corner with some signs and a bit of a stall, making noise about banks and their profits.

I though id bite, and ask what their pitch was.   What was their big idea to solve the problem.

The answer, to create another bank without fees.

FFS.  I tried to explain BTC to them.  I wish I had of recorded the comments...  In the end the told me to go away.

Yes because companies without income are viable long term  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: