Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:01:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Fury or 2 Gridseeds?  (Read 2119 times)
byt411 (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:10:40 PM

So, I'm planning to expand my scrypt rig. And I mean scrypt, please don't tell me to build a x11 farm or something like that.
So, I have the funds, should I preorder The Fury, which runs at 1MH/s consuming 35W, or buy 2 Gridseed 5-chips, VMOD3 them, and have them run at 530kh/s each at 35W?
The Fury is available in June, while the gridseeds are in stock right now.
Any thoughts?
dailey123

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:00:45 PM

better too wait for new gear but will they ship ?

If yes how Fast ?
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 07:14:00 AM

better too wait for new gear but will they ship ?

If yes how Fast ?

The fury is available on 9th June, and will arrive in 5 days.
The gridseeds are available now, and will arrive in 5 days.
So, what do you guys say?
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:06:05 PM

bump, can anyone actually give a good opinion?
gsupp

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:34:36 PM

I'd go with The Fury for the higher density. It's difficult to manage all the USB and power connections on the Gridseeds.
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:00:56 PM

I'd go with The Fury for the higher density. It's difficult to manage all the USB and power connections on the Gridseeds.

I'm just going to buy 2 for now. gsupp, as you might know, The Fury isn't supported for leasing out on Leaserig.
ozbitcoinexpress

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 12:38:16 PM

OP can you please tell me what you need to start mining with the fury? I havent really found any information.
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:28:49 PM

OP can you please tell me what you need to start mining with the fury? I havent really found any information.

You need electricity, internet and the Fury itself.
hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:37:42 PM

The fury uses its own controller called the zenminer..done via the cloud

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:39:10 PM

The fury uses its own controller called the zenminer..done via the cloud

The ZenController, not the zenminer. It's just a Raspberry Pi with custom firmware.
hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:40:42 PM

has anyone got cgminer or sgminer to work with the Fury yet?

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:44:20 PM

has anyone got cgminer or sgminer to work with the Fury yet?

As far as I know, no there isn't. If you reflash the pi, your warranty is void too.
Now, can someone give an actual opinion and answer my question?
RockDaddy

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:00:28 PM

There is a cgminer fork that works that GAW miners they posted links too.  Just put a different SD card in your zen controller Pi and don't goof with the original.  Or use a different Pi all together.

https://gawminers.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202184744-cgminer-source-and-config
ozbitcoinexpress

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 08:46:25 AM

Oh goody I was starting to wonder if I would need electricity and the internet to use a digital p2p currency. Ha ha he hi ho ha! Cheesy Im getting confused as people are telling me on facebook that their fury comes with the controller but I got told yesterday I had to buy it separately. Any thoughts?
gsupp

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:45:10 PM

Oh goody I was starting to wonder if I would need electricity and the internet to use a digital p2p currency. Ha ha he hi ho ha! Cheesy Im getting confused as people are telling me on facebook that their fury comes with the controller but I got told yesterday I had to buy it separately. Any thoughts?

You could always connect it to a regular computer and skip the controller all together. That's what I do with the Gridseeds.
gsupp

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:46:29 PM

I'm just going to buy 2 for now. gsupp, as you might know, The Fury isn't supported for leasing out on Leaserig.

Hmm, not sure why the Gridseeds could be rented on LeaseRig but not The Fury? I thought it was NiceHash that needed a newer version of sgminer that doesn't have Gridseed support patched in.
alienesb

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:04:33 PM

If you're still wondering you should get the Fury unless you can pick up Grids for under $40.
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:09:58 PM

Hmm, not sure why the Gridseeds could be rented on LeaseRig but not The Fury? I thought it was NiceHash that needed a newer version of sgminer that doesn't have Gridseed support patched in.

There are customized versions of cgminer for Gridseeds, so API is supported.
The Fury comes with a ZenController, which is a Raspberry Pi with custom firmware. Until a cgminer that supports these devices is developed, it won't work, since the built-in thing does not allow API access.
gsupp

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:19:24 PM

The Fury comes with a ZenController, which is a Raspberry Pi with custom firmware. Until a cgminer that supports these devices is developed, it won't work, since the built-in thing does not allow API access.

Looks like they're not including the ZenControllers with every Fury order anymore. If The Fury is just a rebranded Zeus miner, Zeus sent out the following links today:

So at least on Windows, it seems it would be possible to lease out a Fury.
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:21:22 PM

Looks like they're not including the ZenControllers with every Fury order anymore. If The Fury is just a rebranded Zeus miner, Zeus sent out the following links today:

So at least on Windows, it seems it would be possible to lease out a Fury.

It's not a rebranded Zeus. It's a new thing made by GAW.
I've asked their support if it will be possible to use a PC as a controller. I hope it's possible.
What do you think?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: