Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:31:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Fury or 2 Gridseeds?  (Read 2121 times)
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:28:56 AM

It is rebranded and painted black. Same miner dude.
ozbitcoinexpress

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 06:43:46 AM

Looks like they have pushed the release date back, it was the 6th of june when I bought and now the website says the 9th. Sadness. I asked for a confirmation of Bitcoin payment and still havent heard back.
byt411 (OP)

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:22:44 PM

Looks like they have pushed the release date back, it was the 6th of june when I bought and now the website says the 9th. Sadness. I asked for a confirmation of Bitcoin payment and still havent heard back.

They ran out of stock, I was just about to buy one Sad
Hope they'll be back in stock soon.
ozbitcoinexpress

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 03:53:36 PM

Well Luke from GAWminers was very helpful, he sent me a confirmation of payment. I hope I get mine sometime in the next 2-3 weeks.
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:54:46 PM

Well Luke from GAWminers was very helpful, he sent me a confirmation of payment. I hope I get mine sometime in the next 2-3 weeks.

I know. I talked to him, and he told me that they would be back in stock ASAP. They did, and I bought one.
Does someone have a compiled version of cgminer that works for both GPU and GAW products?
subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:07:45 PM

heres a question i hope can get answered:
i have 10 gridseeds on a hub and connected to a laptop. when i plug in the Fury, CGminer 3.7.2 automatically tries to connect it and run it along with the gridseeds. unfortunately, Cgminer 3.7.2 says the Fury is missing the WinUSB driver and gives all sorts of problems. i have tried to run multiple instances of CGminer (one for the gridseeds and one for the Fury(ZEUSMINER V1)) but they both try to take control of the all the miners. i have tried -S command and it just makes CGminer crash. does anyone have any ideas short of buying this Zen controller or running them on separate systems? its been a long day and maybe i just need a fresh perspective.

subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:32:49 PM

It's not a rebranded Zeus. It's a new thing made by GAW.
I've asked their support if it will be possible to use a PC as a controller. I hope it's possible.
What do you think?
[/quote]

you can. i have been using an old laptop as the controller for the 2 furys that i have. the name of the file that i downloaded is ZEUSMINER_cgminer_v1.0 and it ran fine. i just swapped over to the zen controller last night after i sorted out the crap SD card GAWminers sent.

hamburgerler

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:55:34 AM

Oh goody I was starting to wonder if I would need electricity and the internet to use a digital p2p currency. Ha ha he hi ho ha! Cheesy Im getting confused as people are telling me on facebook that their fury comes with the controller but I got told yesterday I had to buy it separately. Any thoughts?
The fury used to come with a FREE zenminer but it is no longer recommended, if you have a PC you are willing to leave always on you can simply run cgminer on your PC. I recommend the zenminer so you can shut down your PC, you save on power in the long run!
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:36:56 PM

So, an update. I bought a Fury, it shipped out on Monday, and it should arrive soon.
I'm not bothered with soldering resistors to overclock the gridseeds, so I went for the Fury.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:47:02 AM

It's not a rebranded Zeus. It's a new thing made by GAW.
I've asked their support if it will be possible to use a PC as a controller. I hope it's possible.
What do you think?

I can confirm that it works with a PC, just need to follow these steps: https://gawminers.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202184744-cgminer-source-and-config
And make sure to read the comments, there are additional instructions there.

The Fury is awesome Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: