Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:54:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango - Withdraw BTC through API  (Read 2189 times)
Seal (OP)
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2012, 11:40:49 PM

Has anyone implemented this?

I was hoping to although I'm a little confused:

https://bitcoinconsultancy.com/wiki/Intersango/API

The data-spec table shows: createBitcoinWithdrawalRequest.php - Create bitcoin withdrawal request.   

However at the bottom of the page it says:

Withdrawing and Depositing
Withdrawing and depositing BTC is not possible using the official API, but it is possible by impersonating a web-browser. See Ad-hoc transfers

Can someone clarify?

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phantomcircuit

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 06:02:01 AM

Sorry for the confusion those API calls were only recently added, and I didn't remember to remove the reference to Ad Hoc requests.
Seal (OP)
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2012, 02:00:49 AM

Sorry for the confusion those API calls were only recently added, and I didn't remember to remove the reference to Ad Hoc requests.

Thanks for your response, can you clarify this as well:

• Paxum
    Payments in within 10 minutes. Payments out within 10 minutes if funds are available. Currently we do not move funds to paxum, so they will only be available when other users use this.

I understand your Lloyds payments are taking a little longer these days so I'm looking into different payment options to transfer fiat funds to and from Intersango as quickly as possible.

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
phantomcircuit

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 04:50:42 PM

Thanks for your response, can you clarify this as well:

• Paxum
    Payments in within 10 minutes. Payments out within 10 minutes if funds are available. Currently we do not move funds to paxum, so they will only be available when other users use this.

I understand your Lloyds payments are taking a little longer these days so I'm looking into different payment options to transfer fiat funds to and from Intersango as quickly as possible.

Paxum is expensive and difficult to fund, essentially it's only possible via wire transfer and credit card load with the 5% fee.  So I have no intention of sending funds towards paxum until they have other options available, unless users are willing to pay a fee for it but most dont seem interested in that.
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 05:15:41 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2012, 06:56:21 PM by eldentyrell

Has anyone implemented this?

Yes, and it works wonderfully!  Thank you Intersango!

Now if we could just get Bitstamp, Bitfloor, and CryptoXChange to wake up.  As usual they are the laggards in API technology.  MtGox, TradeHill, and CampBX have been offering this for an eternity, and now Intersango is on board.

As for BTC-E, well, I don't think they know what a trading API is.

Edit: Bitfloor appears to have made an attempt at implementing this API.  Hooray!

Edit (17-Feb-2012): Bitstamp appears to have clued up as well, leaving CryptoXChange as the only ones still twiddling their thumbs.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
shtylman

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 04:23:02 AM

Now if we could just get Bitstamp, Bitfloor, and CryptoXChange to wake up.  As usual they are the laggards in API technology.  MtGox, TradeHill, and CampBX have been offering this for an eternity, and now Intersango is on board.

Bitfloor now has withdraw through API https://bitfloor.com/docs/api/rest#send-funds

When you say "as usual they are the laggards" do you mean that we are just missing this one piece which up until recently no one requested. I would be interested to hear if there are other deficiencies in the API and correct them. Bitfloor prides itself on providing a very robust api that is well documented, fast, simple, yet thorough.
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 06:27:58 AM

Bitfloor now has withdraw through API https://bitfloor.com/docs/api/rest#send-funds

Too bad it doesn't work:

https://api.bitfloor.com/withdraw ->
404 Not Found
nginx/1.1.8

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
shtylman

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 06:53:01 PM

Too bad it doesn't work:

404 Not Found
nginx/1.1.8

Contacting support is probly a better option than posting here that it doesn't work. If you visit the url through a browser it *obviously* won't work as you would not have provided the proper credentials. Please read the documentation on how to use the new API endpoint and let me know if you experience further issues once you have a proper HTTP request formed.
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 12:34:01 AM

Too bad it doesn't work:

404 Not Found
nginx/1.1.8

Contacting support is probly a better option than posting here that it doesn't work. If you visit the url through a browser it *obviously* won't work as you would not have provided the proper credentials. Please read the documentation on how to use the new API endpoint and let me know if you experience further issues once you have a proper HTTP request formed.

Duh.

Trust me, I have all their other API calls working and have been using them for months now.  This specific one is broken, and it barfs back an HTML document instead of JSON.

Nejc Kodric (BitStamp.net)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 11:08:14 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2012, 11:29:32 AM by Nejc Kodric (BitStamp.net)

Please excuse me for borrowing this topic.

Yes, and it works wonderfully!  Thank you Intersango!

Now if we could just get Bitstamp, Bitfloor, and CryptoXChange to wake up...

I stumbled upon this post that suggested BTC withdrawal API. It is now available.
https://www.bitstamp.net/api/

Best regards,
Nejc

Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 11:56:20 AM

But are they CSRF protected? Many have burned from this kind of flaw.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
shtylman

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 04:26:49 PM

But are they CSRF protected? Many have burned from this kind of flaw.

Bitfloor uses CSRF for the website. For the API we require signing to verify identity and prevent replay attacks.
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 06:58:04 PM

Contacting support is probly a better option than posting here that it doesn't work.

By the way, for the record, this thread proves beyond a doubt that posting here is always better than emailing the exchange.

I asked for this feature from Bitstamp, Bitfloor, and CryptoX via email at least three months ago.  All of them emailed back saying "we'll get to it".  Then I posted a list of the exchanges that don't support it here in order to shame them and within a week two of the exchanges had implemented the API.

Exchanges do not respond to emails.

They respond to being called out in public forums.

shtylman

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 09:52:39 PM

Contacting support is probly a better option than posting here that it doesn't work.

By the way, for the record, this thread proves beyond a doubt that posting here is always better than emailing the exchange.

I asked for this feature from Bitstamp, Bitfloor, and CryptoX via email at least three months ago.  All of them emailed back saying "we'll get to it".  Then I posted a list of the exchanges that don't support it here in order to shame them and within a week two of the exchanges had implemented the API.

Exchanges do not respond to emails.

They respond to being called out in public forums.

This is not true. Your first email to bitfloor was on February 10th asking for this api (Obviously I cannot speak about the others). I said I would look into it and I did. I think a 5 day turnaround time for a new API call is acceptable. Not every request you make is priority #1 at the exchanges. I have not gotten floods of requests for a withdraw api demanding I implement it. There is no point in shaming the exchanges like this about a single API call. If it was a security problem or other major error I could understand some discourse on the matter but shaming just to get your way is very childish. I believe I have responded to all of your emails in a timely manner, is that not true? I take all customer requests seriously but again please understand that you are just one customer at the exchange and they do have other things going on Smiley

cheers,
~Roman
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: