Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:09:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead Cryptocurrencies?  (Read 3526 times)
ellen_me

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:39:36 PM

Any more info on weeds or beertoken or any other would be awesome. I am starting a little site about the deadcoins (very very early stage):  www.deadcoin.com

Visited your site as I got curious which currencies to avoid since they could be not worth of my time.
I hope there will be more updates for your website. Useful site anyway.

Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:49:46 PM

Another dead coin is Baconbits.  I deleted my wallet some time ago, but I think there are probably a few people left with some bacon in their computer.

Coin was pre-mined supposedly for giveaways and advertising.  No one seemed to mind that.  I think it was 2% or something like that.

Coin launched hard, as was nailed by Multipool.  Coin came in with low difficulty and retargeted every 800 blocks or so.  Blocks we being found in the tenths of a second rather than the 1 minute they were supposed to be found in.  Then the multipools stopped once the difficulty ramped up a bit.  Leaving the coin with a 3 hour block time, which later turned into about a 1 day block time.  I had a few people get together and ask the dev if we mined through to the retarget, would he pay us some of the pre-mine to compensate for it.  He said sure, but never ended up paying a single piece, instead wanting to keep it all so he could dump it once it got on an exchange. 

It didn't make it that far, as the miners left after he wouldn't let go of any of the rewards. 

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Cryptogirl82

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:53:01 PM

A lot of coins which only had been traded on cryptorush.in are dead.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cryptogirl82

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:53:52 PM

Coin 66
NDL Coin
Flappy Coin
Pennies

-> These are definatly all dead!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:56:15 PM

you can submit dead coins to us on www.CoinsSource.com

We currently have over 80 Dead coin submissions (almost all 2013 have been submitted to us), we just have to compile the information and display it to our users.

These are the finished Obituary Coins.

http://www.coinssource.com/coin-obituary/
Sharrow

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:29:58 PM

Sorry but Orbitcoin should not be featured on that list. It does have its problems but to be regarded as a dead coin is not only extremely unfair but absolutely untrue.

Orbitcoin still has a market capacity that can be traded in US Cents (not single satoshis) and its acting/stand-in a dev, ghostlander, does actually appear to be a developer, not a mere 'cloner' like 99% of the current so-called devs in here. The premine by the original creator was absolutely ridiculous but people know about this and still support it. The community is also very active over on cryptocointalk.
fish731

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:18:39 PM

Coin 66
NDL Coin
Flappy Coin
Pennies

-> These are definatly all dead!

You can still trade Pennies here

https://www.swisscex.com/market/CENT_DOGE
ellen_me

Activity: 158

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:29:49 PM

Another dead coin is Baconbits.  I deleted my wallet some time ago, but I think there are probably a few people left with some bacon in their computer.

Coin was pre-mined supposedly for giveaways and advertising.  No one seemed to mind that.  I think it was 2% or something like that.

Coin launched hard, as was nailed by Multipool.  Coin came in with low difficulty and retargeted every 800 blocks or so.  Blocks we being found in the tenths of a second rather than the 1 minute they were supposed to be found in.  Then the multipools stopped once the difficulty ramped up a bit.  Leaving the coin with a 3 hour block time, which later turned into about a 1 day block time.  I had a few people get together and ask the dev if we mined through to the retarget, would he pay us some of the pre-mine to compensate for it.  He said sure, but never ended up paying a single piece, instead wanting to keep it all so he could dump it once it got on an exchange. 

It didn't make it that far, as the miners left after he wouldn't let go of any of the rewards. 

I thought all cryptocurrencies end up with the word coin. Interesting Baconbits!
Are those deadcoins are just dumped and forgotten? How about those who have lots of investments on it?

kongdezhong

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:37:09 PM

Why not publish a list yourself (if you are free) ?
I think it is a good idea. It'll help a lot of people ,then these people will help more people.   
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: