Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:32:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead Cryptocurrencies?  (Read 3519 times)
Rejinx (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 12:35:09 AM

Hey, I was wonder if anyone had a list failed Cryptocurrencies? 
I know about Coiledcoin, but is there any other coins out there with no exchange and no pools?
Also,  Can you still keep a wallet of these?  Example, Could a still open a wallet with Coiledcoin in it and send it to another wallet?

Any help would rock.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 01:41:59 AM

I know about Coiledcoin, but is there any other coins out there with no exchange and no pools?
Also,  Can you still keep a wallet of these?  Example, Could a still open a wallet with Coiledcoin in it and send it to another wallet?

Any help would rock.

In the case of CLC you could, you just have to pay a 100 CLC transaction fee.  In the case of other ones, you may have to start two nodes (if you are the only one) and mine them yourself if you want to process a transaction.
t3a

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 02:43:33 AM

You could go to btc-e.com and see which ones have lost substantial value.

Advertise here for 10btc/day
Rejinx (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 03:48:15 AM

In the case of CLC you could, you just have to pay a 100 CLC transaction fee.  In the case of other ones, you may have to start two nodes (if you are the only one) and mine them yourself if you want to process a transaction.

Cool, thanks.  Do you know where I could get the client?  and are you looking to selling some for really really cheap?

You could go to btc-e.com and see which ones have lost substantial value.
All the ones that fell off of btc-e are still on Vircurex.com other then CLC.  If you need a Vircurex.com referral code: 582-435  Wink
Fuzzy

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 08:16:02 AM

I wonder if Enron is still trading...  Grin
tiker

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 03:38:59 PM

Cool, thanks.  Do you know where I could get the client?  and are you looking to selling some for really really cheap?

I've got the CLC windows client and source I could zip up and post some where for you if no one else has a download already available for it.

Does anyone know where I can get a SC1 client?  I'm building a multi-coin block chain viewer (using Abe) and will add SC1 if I can find a client.
Rejinx (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 04:32:57 PM

I've got the CLC windows client and source I could zip up and post some where for you if no one else has a download already available for it.

Does anyone know where I can get a SC1 client?  I'm building a multi-coin block chain viewer (using Abe) and will add SC1 if I can find a client.

That would be great tiker.

Also, unless Vircurex picks it up, Tenebrix and Fairbrix are about to lose there only exchange.
tiker

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 05:53:41 PM

Also, unless Vircurex picks it up, Tenebrix and Fairbrix are about to lose there only exchange.

CoiledCoin client zipped up...

www.funkymonkey.org/coiledcoin.zip

Let me know when you've got it.

Thanks.
tiker

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 05:54:08 PM

I sent you a PM with a link

Got it!  Thanks!  Smiley
someguy123

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CEO of Privex Inc. (www.privex.io)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2012, 06:12:22 AM

Liquidcoin sort-of
Nicksasa (creator) disappeared with no notice, BTC-E rejected LQC, the client is slightly buggy, it's extremely low value (it's still tradable on vircurex.com), and the blockchain itself has 1000's of orphans for each block.
I'm the guy running liquidcoin.org so it's pretty annoying when the actual creator disappearing, plus I also ran the blockexplorer on liquidcoin.org:2755 which is now broken since the blockchain keeps corrupting itself and ABE keeps breaking its own MySQL so I have to keep re-scanning the liquidcoin blockchains...so I gave up of course after the 100th time...
It's still sort-of alive, but buggy and unsupported by its own developer.

tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 06:19:32 AM

Liquidcoin sort-of
Nicksasa (creator) disappeared with no notice, BTC-E rejected LQC, the client is slightly buggy, it's extremely low value (it's still tradable on vircurex.com), and the blockchain itself has 1000's of orphans for each block.
I'm the guy running liquidcoin.org so it's pretty annoying when the actual creator disappearing, plus I also ran the blockexplorer on liquidcoin.org:2755 which is now broken since the blockchain keeps corrupting itself and ABE keeps breaking its own MySQL so I have to keep re-scanning the liquidcoin blockchains...so I gave up of course after the 100th time...
It's still sort-of alive, but buggy and unsupported by its own developer.

I told the developer the orphan problem would happen when it first came out...  Whoever it was, they didn't have a decent understanding of the algorithms underlying bitcoin.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Rejinx (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 04:48:44 PM

CoiledCoin client zipped up...

www.funkymonkey.org/coiledcoin.zip

Let me know when you've got it.

Thanks.

I got it.  Thanks a ton.

Sending you 1000 Geistgeld to say thank you.  Tongue
steelhouse

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 04:29:22 AM

None of the coins have died yet, except coiled coin which was taken down.  FBX and TBX might, but I0C and IXC ran without an exchange for about 1 month.  I think it will grow, because unlike gold there are not hidden massive reserves on the moon or Eros.  Otherwise it mimics gold.

So maybe beertokens, coiled, and weeds.  I was really interested in weeds because they pre-mined 10,000,000 and had no mining.  But the exchange had no orders.
tiker

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2012, 02:35:58 PM

I got it.  Thanks a ton.

Sending you 1000 Geistgeld to say thank you.  Tongue

Thanks!  Smiley
Rejinx (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 03:41:22 AM

None of the coins have died yet, except coiled coin which was taken down.  FBX and TBX might, but I0C and IXC ran without an exchange for about 1 month.  I think it will grow, because unlike gold there are not hidden massive reserves on the moon or Eros.  Otherwise it mimics gold.

So maybe beertokens, coiled, and weeds.  I was really interested in weeds because they pre-mined 10,000,000 and had no mining.  But the exchange had no orders.

I have never heard of beertokens or weeds.  Can you point me to where I can learn more?
tiker

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2012, 11:21:29 AM

Weeds:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=24209.0

The site for Beertokens I think is gone now but there might be a post on the forums here about it.. I'll take a look in a few...
mila

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 01:20:05 PM

Any help would rock.

where do you get the alt.blockchain to start mining (if all other nodes are down?)
otherwise cool idea to mine only to confirm transactions Smiley

your ad here:
Rejinx (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 01:28:06 AM

Any more info on weeds or beertoken or any other would be awesome. I am starting a little site about the deadcoins (very very early stage):  www.deadcoin.com
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2012, 05:06:45 AM

Blockchains are vulnerable, and expensive to secure.

To get Beertokens and Weeds back up and running it might be prudent to first start significant amounts of trade going on with them on "centralised" servers such as Open Transactions servers. A whole bunch of proposed altchains could all compete in such venues for market share and not have to face the expense of actually runnign as a blockchain until they have already established enough volume to make the blockchain expense worthwhile.
(Like having enough transaction volume that the transaction fees can easily pay the miners, for example.)

This is part of what I hope to explore with my Open Transactions server.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
tiker

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2012, 01:08:20 PM

Here's the thread on beer tokens.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=9493.msg136917

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: