Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:06:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Willy Report...What do you guys make of it?  (Read 6476 times)
bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 03:02:57 PM

knc bfl avalon bitfury mgox bitstamp fundation is same hole

we are fuck
bitcoin is opensource but persons are corrupt

I tend to throw CoinDesk into that dirty bucket as well.

-bm

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:04:56 PM

we are fuck

-bm

agreed. we doomed. i would rather have preferred people like Phin, MP & Friedcat to lead Bitcoin to eternal glory
helmax

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:05:43 PM

right coindesk maybe do part this mafia

but this moment bot is running in china as you can see http://p2pbucks.com/altcoin/pie.php

looking job
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:06:11 PM

today's popular business,

1.open exchange
2.0% fees
3.cooperate with mining company
4.spread speculation
5.buy willy boot

And Grow Rich

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
bitfreak!
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 03:24:36 PM

Well I read the report, and my conclusion is, Karples deserves life in prison.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:45:05 PM

Wow. I am shocked. Pretty much all I thought I knew about the history of Bitcoin seems to be fake, all the bubbles, the crazy rides... all just driven by a crazy fat dude who loves overpriced coffee drinks. Thank you for the thorough report, I learned a lot.
I still believe my reading of the report: the bubbles were real, caused by the demand in China, and Markus/Willy were merely carrying them over to MtGOX by arbitrage (probably with BTC-China at first).  It does not contradict the facts of the report, and seems supported by the data from BTC-China.  

There is nothing wrong with arbitrage, of course, even when it radically changes the "natural" price at a given exchange.  There may be ethical problems, perhaps, if the arbitrager is also the exchange owner, or has special privileges that are denied to other traders.  Doing arbitrage with fake money, counting on later inputs, would have been very risky, and was ultimately fatal.   Allowing clients to deposit and trade, without telling them that the exchange was insolvent, will be hopefully characterized as crime.

EDIT: not to mention stalling withdrawals and lying to customers all the time.

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
Nathonas

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 03:53:34 PM

I'm not well versed in financial matters and the technicalities of bitcoin maybe somebody can help:

Is it possible to link this data to information on the blockchain? to verify the movement of bitcoin and to see where it went.

You may remember they all but halted JPY withdrawals in early January, yet somehow cleared ALL pending JPY withdrawals the day they shut down in late February.

Does this mean that Gox took the customers money and withdrew it to their bank accounts in Japan?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:56:24 PM

Wow. I am shocked. Pretty much all I thought I knew about the history of Bitcoin seems to be fake, all the bubbles, the crazy rides... all just driven by a crazy fat dude who loves overpriced coffee drinks. Thank you for the thorough report, I learned a lot.
I still believe my reading of the report: the bubbles were real, caused by the demand in China, and Markus/Willy were merely carrying them over to MtGOX by arbitrage (probably with BTC-China at first).  It does not contradict the facts of the report, and seems supported by the data from BTC-China.  

There is nothing wrong with arbitrage, of course, even when it radically changes the "natural" price at a given exchange.  There may be ethical problems, perhaps, if the arbitrager is also the exchange owner, or has special privileges that are denied to other traders.  Doing arbitrage with fake money, counting on later inputs, would have been very risky, and was ultimately fatal.   Allowing clients to deposit and trade, without telling them that the exchange was insolvent, will be hopefully characterized as crime.

THis^^

As soon as the Chinese government "cracked" down on Bitcoin, the uptrend stopped and the price fell immediately from $1200 to $900...

That means the Chinese were the ones for the cause of the bubble, with Willy merely instigating it.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
igorr

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:57:36 PM

I'm not well versed in financial matters and the technicalities of bitcoin maybe somebody can help:

Is it possible to link this data to information on the blockchain? to verify the movement of bitcoin and to see where it went.

You may remember they all but halted JPY withdrawals in early January, yet somehow cleared ALL pending JPY withdrawals the day they shut down in late February.

Does this mean that Gox took the customers money and withdrew it to their bank accounts in Japan?

Judge for yourself;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob9Ak1t09Ao

bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 03:58:46 PM

we are fuck

-bm

agreed. we doomed. i would rather have preferred people like Phin, MP & Friedcat to lead Bitcoin to eternal glory

I realize I've mentioned NXT many times lately, but IMHO the good people are over at the NXT project.

-bm

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:00:04 PM

THis^^

As soon as the Chinese government "cracked" down on Bitcoin, the uptrend stopped and the price fell immediately from $1200 to $900...

That means the Chinese were the ones for the cause of the bubble, with Willy merely instigating it.

aaaaahahahahahahah
thats too much i cant take it anymore. even with tangible proofs, how come people here still are blind by the sh*t they have in their eyes, following like little sheeps what academic trollz come up with best with their narrowed understanding of Bitcoin and its ecosystem.
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:01:21 PM

THis^^

aaaaahahahahahahah
thats too much i cant take it anymore. even with tangible proofs some people here still are blind by the sh*t they have in their eyes, following like little sheeps what academic trollz come up with best with their narrowed understanding of Bitcoin and its ecosystem.

Why are you here? Go to 4chan.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 04:04:34 PM

THis^^

aaaaahahahahahahah
thats too much i cant take it anymore. even with tangible proofs, how come people here still are blind by the sh*t they have in their eyes, following like little sheeps what academic trollz come up with best with their narrowed understanding of Bitcoin and its ecosystem.

there is a very clear aspect here of blaming China for the problems, when it's clear the corruption is not coming from China.

-bm

ndrog

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 04:20:10 PM

Price is retreating slowly. Now that the cat is out of the bag with the Willie Bot. Undecided

igorr

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:24:44 PM

Price is retreating slowly. Now that the cat is out of the bag with the Willie Bot. Undecided

Broken bot,
new TypeError([message[, fileName[,lineNumber]]])

cuddaloreappu

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:29:24 PM

bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 04:31:11 PM

Im publishing my source code for my trading bot:

if ( CoinDeskReview == Positive ) then {

buy++;

} else {

sell( immediately );

}

-bm

RUEHL

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:34:50 PM

Willie Report 2 months old Reddit rehashed news http://goo.gl/VYDOvP

Maybe 4 months old http://goo.gl/21JQxJ

Already priced into Market back during the March and April doldrums.

Donate BTC: 1FzpMgR34pJbEqtiMEujRiidoL7PgGPaUH
Polycoin

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:52:56 PM

Except that the database withdrawals and deposits have been matched to the blockchain:

http://www.reddit.com/r/mtgoxAddresses/comments/25gq8h/likely_mt_gox_transactions_identified/

So the coins are real.

Moreover, in regards to Markus, we know that MT Gox made about 300k btc in profits, we also know that MK sold about 220k btc, and we further know that MK currently hold on gox about 70k-80k btc.

So MK sold his btc - nothing wrong with that.

So the whole story of Willy was exaggerated and falsified by someone wanting to try and drive Bitcoin's price down, and it was just Mark Karpeles laundering his stolen Bitcoins, while using a trading Bot to make it seem to onlookers that it was a hacker who was manipulating MtGox?  Roll Eyes

Polycoin Troopers, Assemble!
igorr

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:58:26 PM

Except that the database withdrawals and deposits have been matched to the blockchain:

http://www.reddit.com/r/mtgoxAddresses/comments/25gq8h/likely_mt_gox_transactions_identified/

So the coins are real.

Moreover, in regards to Markus, we know that MT Gox made about 300k btc in profits, we also know that MK sold about 220k btc, and we further know that MK currently hold on gox about 70k-80k btc.

So MK sold his btc - nothing wrong with that.

So the whole story of Willy was exaggerated and falsified by someone wanting to try and drive Bitcoin's price down, and it was just Mark Karpeles laundering his stolen Bitcoins, while using a trading Bot to make it seem to onlookers that it was a hacker who was manipulating MtGox?  Roll Eyes

Who is next ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob9Ak1t09Ao

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: