Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:36:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW ATH BY END OF JULY & $5000 PER BITCOIN BY END OF YEAR  (Read 9252 times)
LightningBlade

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:43:23 AM

Guys, the prediction is unrealistic. Hitting $500 is more realistic..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:33:25 AM

Looks like at best I will be half right by year end.

2500$ by year's end? Possible, but don't forget a small detail: you'll have to turn Chinese media positive on Bitcoin and have the PBoC reverse it's stance too.
Otherwise, in a bullish scenario, just breaking the ATH sometime in November - December. In a bearish scenario, capitulation below 340$.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
Bogleg

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:07:45 PM

2500$ by year's end? Possible, but don't forget a small detail: you'll have to turn Chinese media positive on Bitcoin and have the PBoC reverse it's stance too.
Otherwise, in a bullish scenario, just breaking the ATH sometime in November - December. In a bearish scenario, capitulation below 340$.

There is a strong support at around 400 level, price below 350 is a good buy.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:20:07 PM

This prediction is still on track....

Strap yourself in people. This will be a year to remember.

CHOO CHOO!

lol, optimist like you allways take the grim of my face.
But lets be objective for a second here, as you are talking about increasing the marketcap from roughly 8 billion to 64 billion usd.

Fast increase in price also means thinner support lines holding that price, and when u loose those due to some  guy's cashout, you also loose trust.
It is much better to return to 1k area and sit there for atleast few months , before considering higher numbers.
FUR11

Activity: 378

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:26:17 PM

Ha, we could actually still see a new ATH this July, but I wouldn't want to bet on it. We'd need a big choo choo tonight or tomorrow to get the train started for next week. And I do expect a more gradually rise before the bubble (if it comes at all).

arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:33:50 AM

10 folds increase in 5 months is not a rational expectation from investor viewpoint.

Yeah but bitcoin is not a normal investment and that folds are more than usual in this enviroment.

On both direction. Remember the risk associated with holding the coin.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:54:01 AM

There seems to be a consensus that we will hit at least $1000 by year end....at the absolute least.

That's still pretty good even though I won't sell at that price.

we would hit 1000 tomorrow if people just knew how to hold and not sell!

I personally have a 25K CAD bet with my brother that BTC will hit $1000 this year. He's a fool. He's the only one I know who shorted BTC and also the only person I know who knew about bitcoin at 15$ and has lost money on it. (due to the shorting of course)

VIVA LA BITCOIN.. and litecoin... and cloakcoin!

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:39:05 AM

CHOO CHOO!

But lets be objective for a second here, as you are talking about increasing the marketcap from roughly 8 billion to 64 billion usd.

Fast increase in price also means thinner support lines holding that price, and when u loose those due to some  guy's cashout, you also loose trust.
It is much better to return to 1k area and sit there for atleast few months , before considering higher numbers.

A company that has a yearly revenue of $50+ billion just started accepting bitcoin for payment.

That should be a clear sign that Bitcoin can hit $50 billion easily as other merchants will flock to support bitcoin payments in the near future.

Bitcoin marketcap is ~$8 billion now. You do the math.  Wink

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

RyanMilligan1

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 10:02:51 AM

At this moment in time, the truth is that none of us no fucking  anything about what the price will be and when the price will hit said targets.

It's not going anywhere, and in my opinion it's only going to raise with a bit of time. I'm not basing this on past trends rather basing it on current news/happenings
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:59:50 PM

Hi, so im trying to gather some opinions on this matter: I saw a recent comparasion with this graph to Bitcoin, im trying to study the similarities of the development in price of a successful business like MS that achieves global acceptance with Bitcoin, im still not convinced by the analogy but anyway, here is the graph and im willing to hear what are you thoughts on this:

https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fs9txjFP.jpg%26t%3D542%26c%3DwS4KogEqGWuJhg&t=542&c=VlEwy23hs-veGA

Also, another prediction i've heard a couple times is 1 trillion cap in less than 10 years, can it be done?:

https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi4.minus.com%2FiLGzkQ56MlcWJ.jpg&t=542&c=4VVKCkgR3gizGQ

hodap

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:33:58 PM

Will donate 0.5 BTC to OP if BTC hits 5k$ before 1 August 2014 Cool

Will donate 5 BTC to OP if BTC hits 5k$ before 1 August 2014 Cool

Why not donate 100 btc then? Since the odd of it happening in less than 10 days is virtually zero.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:36:59 PM

Half right as in my $5000 year end prediction.

And no Chinese can go suck it. Bitcoin doesn't care about China and all of their "bans".

Bitcoin doesn't need China.

Bitcoin > China

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

MrBtcSenior

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:59:51 PM

$500 is more likely but after this period of stagnation is time to start another rally.
Maybe it won't hit 5000$, but 1500$ will be enough!

♬-♬-♬-♬ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ Earn up to 0.05 btc/week by posting in the LTB forum!!! ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ♬-♬-♬-♬ --------->
<--------- LTB coin now traded on Poloniex!!!
Bogleg

Activity: 185

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:18:05 AM

$500 is more likely but after this period of stagnation is time to start another rally.
Maybe it won't hit 5000$, but 1500$ will be enough!

Stagnation is the sign for strong rally in the past.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:34:22 PM

End of July is coming closer every day now.
Blazin604

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:41:45 PM

The price is not going anywhere anytime soon unless some major news comes out that we all have not been aware of

mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:04:01 PM

CHOO CHOO!

A company that has a yearly revenue of $50+ billion just started accepting bitcoin for payment.

That should be a clear sign that Bitcoin can hit $50 billion easily as other merchants will flock to support bitcoin payments in the near future.

Except every new major vendor that accepts Bitcoin actually puts downward selling pressure on the price, as they sell received Bitcoin for fiat. Going to take a while before all the big vendors stop doing that. Investors in your average company wouldn't be too happy about them holding company profits in a volatile investment instrument (BTC).

Long term I believe we're going way up. But I also believe it's going to take longer than people think.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:06:36 PM

CHOO CHOO!

Except every new major vendor that accepts Bitcoin actually puts downward selling pressure on the price, as they sell received Bitcoin for fiat. Going to take a while before all the big vendors stop doing that. Investors in your average company wouldn't be too happy about them holding company profits in a volatile investment instrument (BTC).

Long term I believe we're going way up. But I also believe it's going to take longer than people think.

Yes but you can't assume they sell 100% of their coins they collect either.

Dell's yearly revenue shows how big Bitcoin can grow.

You clearly are ignoring this glaring fact.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:33:56 PM

CHOO CHOO!

I'm not talking about the distant future of how big Bitcoin can grow. That is irrelevant. I'm talking about the present and immediate future. Some of these companies may hold a small amount of Bitcoin but you have to admit you are living in a Bitcoin bubble fantasy if you think most of these big vendors are holding onto their coins.

It's going to be a long while before the majority of big vendors don't auto trade most of their bitcoins into fiat. That's just a simple fact.

What we are going through is a painful transition period that I don't think many people saw coming a year ago, where each new major vendor announcement is actually ironically adding to Bitcoin selling pressure.

That said, everything I've written is of course moot if something causes an epic spike in buying pressure. Some say the ETF's and Wallstreet could spearhead the pump - myself, I am not so sure.

You may misinterpret me as bearish, I'm not. I have significant BTC holdings (all I will say is greater than 3 digits) and I'm a true believer in the long term which is why I hold. But I have a lot of uncertainty about the short term. I will be the first to go nuts if we hit $5k anytime in the next couple of years. I just don't see much happening in 2014 in terms of another crazy price rise like we've seen so many times in the past.

We shall see.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:46:49 PM

CHOO CHOO!

I'm not talking about the distant future of how big Bitcoin can grow. That is irrelevant. I'm talking about the present and immediate future. Some of these companies may hold a small amount of Bitcoin but you have to admit you are living in a Bitcoin bubble fantasy if you think most of these big vendors are holding onto their coins.

It's going to be a long while before the majority of big vendors don't auto trade most of their bitcoins into fiat. That's just a simple fact.

What we are going through is a painful transition period that I don't think many people saw coming a year ago, where each new major vendor announcement is actually ironically adding to Bitcoin selling pressure.

That said, everything I've written is of course moot if something causes an epic spike in buying pressure. Some say the ETF's and Wallstreet could spearhead the pump - myself, I am not so sure.

You may misinterpret me as bearish, I'm not. I have significant BTC holdings (all I will say is greater than 3 digits) and I'm a true believer in the long term which is why I hold. But I have a lot of uncertainty about the short term. I will be the first to go nuts if we hit $5k anytime in the next couple of years. I just don't see much happening in 2014 in terms of another crazy price rise like we've seen so many times in the past.

We shall see.

okay so we are discussing apples and oranges.

My thoughts were always long term.

Dell accepting BTC is a HUGE sign of things to come.

Anyone not getting aboard the train is going to be left behind for any scraps if there are any.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: