Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:43:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: i just bought another bitcoin  (Read 2794 times)
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:55:54 PM

From January to December every year since inception Bitcoin has risen AT LEAST 2.50x it's value.  If the pattern doesn't waiver, you should profit.

It could be a difficult act to follow this time around. The fact that it shot up so much means that trying to maintain at least 2.5x growth is nuts. Hell, we may be looking at shrinkage this year, who knows.

Interesting point you make though.

You're right that we're not on track but I remember when I thought the same thing when it lingered at 100 USD for months until it shot to 300 and then eventually 1,150 within a month.

We'll see -- hopefully it does follow the trend we've seen thus far.

If it does then I hope that I'm actually holding bitcoins at the time. I've spent a lot of time in fiat lately. I'm overly cautious and for that reason I'm not at extreme gains/losses.

nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:02:58 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2014, 03:36:49 PM by nickenburg

My brother gonna do the same, its his first bitcoin!
I hope the price doesnt rice to quickly before he has the money to buy one.
But if you buy now what is a good selling point?
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:04:26 AM

My brother gonna do the same, its his first bitcoin!
I hope the price doesnt rice to quickly before he has the money to buy one.
But if you buy now what is a good selling point to rebuy again?

What's a good selling point to buy? Huh?

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 12:15:15 AM

I think I will keep buying til it becomes mainstream.
ya same, then when its mainstream enough, i'll just start dumping every pay check into bitcoin and close my bank account , why pay banking fees???  Cool

Bitcopia

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 01:28:01 AM

I think I will keep buying til it becomes mainstream.
ya same, then when its mainstream enough, i'll just start dumping every pay check into bitcoin and close my bank account , why pay banking fees???  Cool

+1 isn't this the point!?

If it's gone mainstream, you might as well stick around to enjoy the host of benefits. But sure, you're welcome to go back to your archaic fiat, ACH, SWIFT old school inefficient and wealth diluting banking model. It's your call!
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:05:40 PM

i just did it again.

price dropped from 670 to 630 last night and i bought another coin.

i cant stop buying coins!

i'm outta control!!  Undecided lol

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:15:22 PM

Yesterday i was in a poker tournament. $5 buy in, 567 participants.

I was doing very well, keeping a top 5 position most of the game. Ended up 13th place, sadly, by a bad beat. (Had 10 10 hand, called a raise from late position, flopped a 10, so i placed a bet of half my stack, he raised me allin, i called of course. The turn brought him a straight).

I was planning on cashing out if i landed in the top 5, price money for top 5 positions was over $100 (1st place was $700), would have bought bitcoin with it. But 13th place didn't pay very well. ($25 or so)

Either way, I'm already full bitcoin atm.
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:20:42 PM

Yesterday i was in a poker tournament. $5 buy in, 567 participants.

I was doing very well, keeping a top 5 position most of the game. Ended up 13th place, sadly, by a bad beat. (Had 10 10 hand, called a raise from late position, flopped a 10, so i placed a bet of half my stack, he raised me allin, i called of course. The turn brought him a straight).

I was planning on cashing out if i landed in the top 5, price money for top 5 positions was over $100 (1st place was $700), would have bought bitcoin with it. But 13th place didn't pay very well. ($25 or so)

Either way, I'm already full bitcoin atm.

buy more coins anyway. Smiley

DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:33:30 PM

This is the right time to buy all the bitcoins we can afford, the downtrend is finished and in the next months the value will reach new all time highs.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 06:12:51 PM

i just did it again.

oops I did it again, I bought a bitcoin, got lost in the game... Smiley

i am satoshi
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:05:29 AM

i haven't bought any in over a year.. bitcoin's too volatile for my blood. i guess i'm just conservative like that. i'm well aware that whatever amount i have, there's a good chance it will be worth nothing.

Are you just being pessimistic so you don't get disappointed?  You know BTC is going way higher than $1,000.  The momentum in the industry is becoming scary.   At this point its impossible for BTC to not fill nearly all the hopes and dreams of its founders.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:39:00 AM

You're all deluded, bitcoin's never going over $100 again...

oops, sorry! thought I was back in 2013.

pinksheep

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:33:06 PM

i just did it again.

oops I did it again, I bought a bitcoin, got lost in the game... Smiley

Oops I just did it again too. This is becoming a serious addiction - but a profitable one I hope Smiley When I bought my 1st one, I thought that was it... now I can't stop. I know my tiny stash is miniscule compared to those with hundreds or thousands, but it's exciting for me.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:30:15 PM

It's good to see there is still pro buy sentiment even in the $600s. I guess I haven't quite gotten through the anxiety stage (hope it's a stage) where I'm too late to get more because it's going up.

I do accept there will be another downturn. Any thoughts on how low it's realistically likely to go the next time it drops, and/or what price it'll be dropping from?

Also, what is the new all time low that would make it difficult for bitcoin to recover, as in people get spooked from buying more?

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 5043

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:40:02 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2014, 04:56:06 PM by Torque

I can't wait until the bitcoin marketcap is finally high enough when we get past this silly notion of having to buy "whole" bitcoins, like whole round numbers really matter.  That holdover notion goes back years, when you bought coins in tranches of 100s, thousands, or even tens of thousands.  I still have friends who ask me, "Did you really buy a whole bitcoin for $500?  Isn't that a lot of money to spend?"

Part of the problem also lies with broker services like Coinbase, that denominate all purchases in btc (or fraction of btc).  In other words, currently you can't just punch in that you want to purchase exactly $47.23 worth of bitcoin directly into their web interface.  They should fix that pronto.

The Joe Public has to get past this notion of having to buy either whole bitcoins, or buying nothing (because they say they can't afford it.)  We need Joe Public to understand that they can buy $0.09 worth if they want.  Or $5 worth.  Or $103.76 worth.  It doesn't matter how much you buy, it'll likely appreciate long term no matter what.  Quadrupling your money on $2.50 is just the same as quadrupling your money on $2500.  As is quadrupling your money on $452.78 worth of bitcoin.

We need the script to change from "I just bought another bitcoin" to "I just bought $655.57 worth of bitcoin."

I think the psychological barrier will be finally broken when a single btc gets back into the 4 digits USD and well into it.  Hopefully.  By 5 digits, hopefully people won't even care anymore what the exchange rate is.
Bitcopia

Activity: 715

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:56:38 PM

I can't wait until the bitcoin marketcap is finally high enough when we get past this silly notion of having to buy "whole" bitcoins, like whole round numbers really matter.  That holdover notion goes back years, when you bought coins in tranches of 100s, thousands, or even tens of thousands.  I still have friends who ask me, "Did you really by a whole bitcoin for $500?  Isn't that a lot of money to spend?"

The Joe Public has to get past this notion of either buying whole bitcoins, or buying nothing (because they say they can't afford it.)  We need Joe Public to understand that they can buy $0.09 worth if they want.  Or $5 worth.  Or $100 worth.  It doesn't matter how much you buy, it'll likely appreciate long term no matter what.  Quadrupling your money on $2.50 is just the same as quadrupling your money on $2500.  As is quadrupling your money on $452.78 worth of bitcoin.

We need the script to change from "I just bought another bitcoin" to "I just bought $655.57 worth of bitcoin."

I think the psychological barrier will be finally broken when a single btc gets back into the 4 digits USD and well into it.  Hopefully.  By 5 digits, hopefully people won't even care anymore what the exchange rate is.

This is a valid point, however, I think you're forgetting the solution of switching to a standard denomination of mBTC. Some services such as bitcoinity already have. You can see people buying 1mBTC for $0.657. I recently bought 180 mBTC for my girlfriend for $100. This is what we need to gravitate toward.

Andreas Antonopolous touches on the unit bias issue sometimes, but it needs to be taken more seriously. You can start doing your part by referring to your stash of whole bitcoins in mBTC.

Pretend you own 8 BTC. Your friend asks how many bitcoin you have. You say, "I have 8,000 mBTC."
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:59:07 PM

I will buy bitcoins at any time other than when the price is doubling in less than a 7 day period of time.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:00:36 PM

I can't wait until the bitcoin marketcap is finally high enough when we get past this silly notion of having to buy "whole" bitcoins, like whole round numbers really matter.  That holdover notion goes back years, when you bought coins in tranches of 100s, thousands, or even tens of thousands.  I still have friends who ask me, "Did you really by a whole bitcoin for $500?  Isn't that a lot of money to spend?"

The Joe Public has to get past this notion of either buying whole bitcoins, or buying nothing (because they say they can't afford it.)  We need Joe Public to understand that they can buy $0.09 worth if they want.  Or $5 worth.  Or $100 worth.  It doesn't matter how much you buy, it'll likely appreciate long term no matter what.  Quadrupling your money on $2.50 is just the same as quadrupling your money on $2500.  As is quadrupling your money on $452.78 worth of bitcoin.

This is a valid point, however, I think you're forgetting the solution of switching to a standard denomination of mBTC. Some services such as bitcoinity already have. You can see people buying 1mBTC for $0.657. I recently bought 180 mBTC for my girlfriend for $100. This is what we need to gravitate toward.

Andreas Antonopolous touches on the unit bias issue sometimes, but it needs to be taken more seriously. You can start doing your part by referring to your stash of whole bitcoins in mBTC.

Pretend you own 8 BTC. Your friend asks how many bitcoin you have. You say, "I have 8,000 mBTC."

800,000,000 satoshi  sounds better Grin
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:43:05 PM

If you say it like that then it makes it sound like bitcoin is worth less then it really is.
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:46:40 PM

If you say it like that then it makes it sound like bitcoin is worth less then it really is.

you make a good point. 50 bn zimbabwe is like 10 usd. maybe mbtc or something is a fair unit which keeps its value
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: