Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:40:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying 1 bitcoin For the Future  (Read 963 times)
nickenburg (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:20:24 PM

Hey guys,
My brother told me yesterday he wanted to buy 1 Bitcoin, and safe it a few years.
What do you guys say about the price, when should he buy it?
Around 500 dollar is oke but what should I tell him because i dont want him to lose money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MoneyGod

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:22:40 PM

Hey guys,
My brother told me yesterday he wanted to buy 1 Bitcoin, and safe it a few years.
Around 500 dollar is oke but what should I tell him because i dont want him to lose money.

Currently no one can give you any positive feedback about this I just want to say if your brother want to keep this for few years then its better for him long term investment can give him some good profit

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:22:56 PM

Tell him to give you the $500. You buy the coin and sell it at your discretion (or give it back) and take 50% of the losses or gains.

(good time to buy, I think, but I have a lot of dumb thoughts)
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 11:34:35 PM

Hey guys,

Well I am sure he will do best deal of his life if he want to save it for few years.

If after those few years price will be smaller than now - that means something very terrible happen to the world...
And Bitcoins will be not a worry bout Smiley

nickenburg (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:13:56 PM

Tell him to give you the $500. You buy the coin and sell it at your discretion (or give it back) and take 50% of the losses or gains.

(good time to buy, I think, but I have a lot of dumb thoughts)

Well I dont have enough money for that, he works and I dont so he has more money.
But I could tell him that I can take some of the risk if it decides to go under 100 or something.

Well I am sure he will do best deal of his life if he want to save it for few years.

If after those few years price will be smaller than now - that means something very terrible happen to the world...
And Bitcoins will be not a worry bout Smiley

Yeh I think we shouldn't be worried in a few years one of the only options is that the price went up.
Just because of the way bitcoin works, it gets more rare with the years so the only natural thing is that the price should go up right?
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 08:45:51 PM

Yeh I think we shouldn't be worried in a few years one of the only options is that the price went up.
Just because of the way bitcoin works, it gets more rare with the years so the only natural thing is that the price should go up right?

IMO. Right.

Smiley it is as sure as next summer Smiley
If I would think other way I would be crazy. Isn't? Smiley
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:04:17 AM

Hey guys,

Obviously no one here can tell you for sure what the price of bitcoin will be at any particular point in time.  With that said, two things:
1.  If you don't want any risk of losing the money, don't buy the bitcoin.  No one can guarantee it won't go down in value.
2.  If you're legit going to keep it for a few years, exactly when you buy it won't matter.  Think about it in 5 years say they trade for 10 grand a piece.  Or alternately, they don't trade at all because they are worthless.  Either way, are you really going to care if you paid 586.21 or 592.36 or 579.15 or whatever? 
nickenburg (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 03:30:59 PM

Hey guys,

Obviously no one here can tell you for sure what the price of bitcoin will be at any particular point in time.  With that said, two things:
1.  If you don't want any risk of losing the money, don't buy the bitcoin.  No one can guarantee it won't go down in value.
2.  If you're legit going to keep it for a few years, exactly when you buy it won't matter.  Think about it in 5 years say they trade for 10 grand a piece.  Or alternately, they don't trade at all because they are worthless.  Either way, are you really going to care if you paid 586.21 or 592.36 or 579.15 or whatever? 

That's true

1. He is gonna buy the bitcoin for sure, he is a risk taker so he doesnt mind the risk, he also believes bitcoin can be great in a few years.

2. Yeh you are right, ofcourse buying at the lowest point would be nice but he is gonna keep it for a few years anyway, so yeh i hope it will be a really good investment.
arloseb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:30:45 PM

Buy. Find your exit point.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:33:55 PM

If you try to time your buys, you're effectively speculating. That's something that one can easily lose money at if not experienced. Randomly or blindly buying and selling guarantees you a zero expectation on average. Doing anything else will get you positive or negative expectation depending on your skill, and if your skill is below the market mean that's likely to be negative.
agoraadnim

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:51:52 AM

Yeah, not a bad Idea. I would probably wait for the next dip to buy but either way I'm guessing it will be worth it.

❂❂❂How I make a living with Bitcoins
Free Bitcoin Methods
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:21:14 AM

I wouldn't invest in Bitcoin to volatile. Maybe you should spend some time scrapping around promotion and giveaways to amass one bitcoin.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:25:47 AM

Hey guys,

Currently no one can give you any positive feedback about this I just want to say if your brother want to keep this for few years then its better for him long term investment can give him some good profit

Yeah, I really don't like to give advice (and I have other people trying to get me to). My personal decision would be to buy in at the current rate, because it is almost positively going to increase (the ATH is over 2x what it is now). With all the new stuff coming out, I see no reason for it not to.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: