Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:20:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will the btc cross 600??  (Read 4324 times)
pr0d1gy

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:03:54 AM

Most likely by the end of this week, its been a few good days for btc.

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:43:25 AM

I thought we would cross $600 today, but I think I am going to retract that.   There seems to be a lot of resistance at the $585 level that we keep bouncing above and below.   I hope that am proven wrong though Smiley
Gimmelfarb

Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:53:13 AM

I thought we would cross $600 today, but I think I am going to retract that.   There seems to be a lot of resistance at the $585 level that we keep bouncing above and below.   I hope that am proven wrong though Smiley

i think we are just consolidating and it could still be very bullish. if you look at the last leg up before this one, we could similarly fall 15 points or so from here and then have another big run up past $600, in my opinion.
Gingermod

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:57:34 AM

In the next couple hours
threedream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Stand up , Stand up , Stand up !

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:04:19 AM

YES HOPE IT

I have to get back all the lost .
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:05:48 AM

Today is a good day for +600

1% grow is missing

IOTA
Gingermod

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:07:47 AM

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:32:57 AM

Day after tomorrow we will hit $600+

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
Gimmelfarb

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:35:02 AM

hmm, huobi seems to want to cross under 3600. i wonder if 580 level will hold on the western exchanges. does China want bitcoin to correct? will bitstamp follow? stay tuned.
RockHound

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:42:44 AM

heads-up dudes, mini dump going off atm!

Natural correction or news related?

Went down to $572 on BStamp - Do you think we could be heading $550ward?

Was sure we were going to sail past $600 too  Smiley
freebit13

Activity: 616

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:42:59 AM

Looks to me like 600 is the new 500... we seem to be struggling to break through.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
RockHound

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:50:41 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2014, 10:20:54 AM by RockHound

Here's the reason why:

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/bitcoin-technical-analysis-price-reversal-due/2014/05/27

Bitcoin Technical Analysis reveals that the uptrend is about to reverse from current levels. An exuberant breakout has fizzled out and lost critical momentum. Last week’s article warned of a bull trap in the making. If the ensuing downturn is merely a correction, advance may return with a vengeance, but if large market players again fail to participate, matters look different.
Takeaway

Traders and investors should brace themselves for a strong price reversal. The advance is losing momentum. Indicators signal overbought conditions and declining volume speaks of a lack of wider participation. Price will reverse from current levels around $600 and may retrace at least 50% of the advance to $520. The notion of complete retracement and resumption of the decline remains alive.
Comparison with Previous Advance

The Bitstamp Daily chart shows price action since March 2012. The powerful advance that began in October is supported by comparable behavior of the momentum indicator, MACD, at the bottom of the chart. On each successive higher high indicated by MACD, price can be seen making an equivalent higher high. This synchronized action between price and indicator clears the way for advance and the outcome is evident in the November all time high.

On the right of the chart, the current advance can be seen making a local high, but it is still a lower high in comparison to some of the peaks formed during the decline. However, according to the momentum indicator, price has risen to the equivalent of a MACD peak in January – but price is nowhere near this peak on the actual chart. This phenomenon is called “reverse divergence” (or “hidden divergence“) and is annotated by the red lines connecting the apparent higher highs.

As is ordinarily the case, trade volume has steadily declined during the course of the downtrend from the November high. What is not “ordinary” is the fact that a supposed “breakout” has advanced on record low volume. Notice how the first surge of the advance in October 2012 was accompanied by higher volume than the current advance – and that during a time when Bitcoin adoption and participation was at lower levels than the penetration achieved today.

Lack of volume during (and following) a breakout implies that participation in the move is not wide. Either a few players with large holdings had moved the market, or many smaller pockets had thrown their holdings at the exchanges while the large players sat on their hands. You don’t need a degree in cryptography to see which scenario had been the case.
Bitstamp Targets

Looking at the price charts across all exchanges, Bitstamp and BTC-e, strangely, exhibit unclear charts. BTCChina and Bitfinex charts more clearly show price in an ending diagonal at the present stage of trend.

As the 4 hourly chart below illustrates, Bitcoin price is approaching yet another descending trendline (red) – and this one may prove to be the advance’s nemesis. Regular Divergence is indicated by the two pink lines on the chart and the accompanying MACD indicator (bottom). Although regular divergence can compound multiple times, the occurrence of this divergence in tandem with a reverse divergence signal on the daily chart is an alarm bell.

Readers will notice that the Elliott Wave count has the current advance as price going “up in a correction“. Should this turn out to be the case, then the same downside targets apply as stated in previous articles.

Should the advance prove to be real – and having started with a three wave structure  (label A from $340) for good reason, then we can expect a decline to at least 50% of the recent wave up. The primary target is at $520. That would conceivably print wave 2 (or part thereof) before further advance. However, a market bottom in wave E at $270 remains the preferred target.

RockHound

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:59:49 AM

This dude reckons we will retrace back to $520 wft!!

You guys agree?

Funny that the writer had this article fully prepared, as soon as 900BTC dumped on BStamp he published on site

blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:07:26 AM

This dude reckons we will retrace back to $520 wft!!

You guys agree?

Funny that the writer had this article fully prepared, as soon as 900BTC dumped on BStamp he published on site

Here are some no bull-shit charts:

We are in a bull market now.
RockHound

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:17:54 AM

Grin  Cheers bud, prefer your 2nd chart!

I'm not smart enough to do TA, but that guy seems to right a lot of the time, for some reason?

Hope he is wrong for once and it's just a mini correction, then rapid breach to $650 range
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:29:17 AM

I'm not smart enough to do TA, but that guy seems to right a lot of the time, for some reason?

Hope he is wrong for once and it's just a mini correction, then rapid breach to $650 range
Well the first one is not actually mine - I just think it needs to be shown more.

And both charts support each other - we have broken the down trend and the underlying long-term trend is on track to take us to the moon
RockHound

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:19:51 AM

Well the first one is not actually mine - I just think it needs to be shown more.

And both charts support each other - we have broken the down trend and the underlying long-term trend is on track to take us to the moon

I'm down with that - to the moon brother  Cool

Though that reporter seems to be scarily right - so his predicted $520 range might happen first
btc-owl

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:53:40 AM

Won't get to $600 until couple of weeks time I guess.
rafamadeira

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 01:30:54 PM

When do you hope the btc to cross over 600 mark?

Os bancos nos EUA abrem hoje, ontem era feriado.. em 36h U$600+

Banks are open in USA... 36h for U$600+

Insert Coins Here: 1GWz2R7NKVgtYg8yYQ7bbzDZWyRLXoitBN

Thank you Sir!
zzojar

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:46:26 AM

There seems to be a lot of resistance at that 600 level. That seems to be the key to truly turning this market around. So who will be buying btc when the price hits 595? anyone?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: