Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:19:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we change or keep our present logo?
Keep it
Make a new one

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreamcoin Revival 100% Proof Of Stake 15% Stake Rate [DRM]  (Read 27052 times)
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:59:04 PM

Hello Dreamers! Not sure why we're not getting the attention we deserve.  DRM prices are way too low, it's sad.  Don't give away your dreams for cheap.  

Johnny. Yes, we definately need a new title.  Please change it to something like this:

[DRM]  ★★★Dreamcoin★★★ - No IPO/Premine |X11| 15% POS -  Dreams are predictions of the future!!

I think a title like the above will make searching easier.  Yes, we need to include x11 even though we are in POS since x11 is hot and many people search for it.  We also do not need the word "revival" since that indicates we were dead or something which we weren't.  DRM just has a new and improved DEV.  Grin

Regarding Dream Pool.  Not sure what is going on with icecube45 but I think it's time to go with another option.  We can't put our dreams on hold because of one person.  I believe DREAMbig said he could put one together for us.  

Tomi. Great work!  Thanks for all your effort.  You are a true asset to DRM.  

Dream on! Dreamers!
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
newuser01

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:59:10 PM

Dreamcoin Revival

but why?

just let Dreamcoin reach it's true value instead, $0
johnny_non (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:47:37 PM

Hello Dreamers! Not sure why we're not getting the attention we deserve.  DRM prices are way too low, it's sad.  Don't give away your dreams for cheap. 

Johnny. Yes, we definately need a new title.  Please change it to something like this:

[DRM]  ★★★Dreamcoin★★★ - No IPO/Premine |X11| 15% POS -  Dreams are predictions of the future!!

I think a title like the above will make searching easier.  Yes, we need to include x11 even though we are in POS since x11 is hot and many people search for it.  We also do not need the word "revival" since that indicates we were dead or something which we weren't.  DRM just has a new and improved DEV.  Grin

Regarding Dream Pool.  Not sure what is going on with icecube45 but I think it's time to go with another option.  We can't put our dreams on hold because of one person.  I believe DREAMbig said he could put one together for us. 

Tomi. Great work!  Thanks for all your effort.  You are a true asset to DRM. 

Dream on! Dreamers!
So i use the term revival so we are not confused to be the same group/individual as we were before I do not want anyone mislead or misinformed so it is a revival. I didn't launch this coin. Would you prefer it say rescue?
I don't feel X11 is important either as it gives the illusion and impression the coin can be mined and that's also to me false representation. I picked up a 100% POS coin.
Sorry if this approach bothers you, but I will make every claim as honestly and clearly as I can. I do not want to build Dream into a hype balloon. Hype is air and air deflates.
I hope you will get a sense for what my strategy is for dream. I want for Dreamcoin to be made up of real investors and a real community not fly by night dump when it hot and bail. I am not catering to this. Not in the slightest. I agree with you we need a multipool I am still waiting for replies from people, but I've been in charge for less than a week. Once again i ask patience. If you can find somebody to do it that would be great. I am going to give much of this type of responsibility to you the community. Not that I'm completely slacking on this. I've made contact with people about building one i just don't make promises that i can not give definitive answers about their fulfillment.
I hope you will find my methods suitable. Once again i do not want to build Dreamcoin on hype or buzz words I believe in substance and integrity and think this will serve us much better in time than playing off of trends and false promises.

send your strays CAT: 9W4aXggw9bgraD88j77fZg7aT8Lnb4mkTw  Everyone has a Dream: DKDB1yj2ohbakpQQvUZsCEWow6K2CDDggD
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:57:31 PM

Hi Johnny. No worries man. You're doing a great job.  I was just suggesting that as a title since people mentioned it's hard to search for this thread.   Smiley

Hello Dreamers! Not sure why we're not getting the attention we deserve.  DRM prices are way too low, it's sad.  Don't give away your dreams for cheap. 

Johnny. Yes, we definately need a new title.  Please change it to something like this:

[DRM]  ★★★Dreamcoin★★★ - No IPO/Premine |X11| 15% POS -  Dreams are predictions of the future!!

I think a title like the above will make searching easier.  Yes, we need to include x11 even though we are in POS since x11 is hot and many people search for it.  We also do not need the word "revival" since that indicates we were dead or something which we weren't.  DRM just has a new and improved DEV.  Grin

Regarding Dream Pool.  Not sure what is going on with icecube45 but I think it's time to go with another option.  We can't put our dreams on hold because of one person.  I believe DREAMbig said he could put one together for us. 

Tomi. Great work!  Thanks for all your effort.  You are a true asset to DRM. 

Dream on! Dreamers!
So i use the term revival so we are not confused to be the same group/individual as we were before I do not want anyone mislead or misinformed so it is a revival. I didn't launch this coin. Would you prefer it say rescue?
I don't feel X11 is important either as it gives the illusion and impression the coin can be mined and that's also to me false representation. I picked up a 100% POS coin.
Sorry if this approach bothers you, but I will make every claim as honestly and clearly as I can. I do not want to build Dream into a hype balloon. Hype is air and air deflates.
I hope you will get a sense for what my strategy is for dream. I want for Dreamcoin to be made up of real investors and a real community not fly by night dump when it hot and bail. I am not catering to this. Not in the slightest. I agree with you we need a multipool I am still waiting for replies from people, but I've been in charge for less than a week. Once again i ask patience. If you can find somebody to do it that would be great. I am going to give much of this type of responsibility to you the community. Not that I'm completely slacking on this. I've made contact with people about building one i just don't make promises that i can not give definitive answers about their fulfillment.
I hope you will find my methods suitable. Once again i do not want to build Dreamcoin on hype or buzz words I believe in substance and integrity and think this will serve us much better in time than playing off of trends and false promises.
johnny_non (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:12:33 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 07:30:23 PM by johnny_non

Examples of why I say wait, watch and learn

Darkcoin--> http://www.cityam.com/blog/1401188238/darkcoin-crashes-23pc-after-blockchain-forks
Darkcoin had a fork fest and isn't truly anonymous

XC -->  XC Dev
Above is the linkin page for the dev. I would like you to note what his employer history is.
https://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/p?company=Homeland+Security+Wireless&trk=prof-0-ovw-prev_pos

Something tells me it smells of a fed sting trap for those dumb enough to not know anything about it but trust that it's an anonymous transaction when sending their data straight to a department of homeland security controlled mixer. <-- This statement is a speculative opinion and not proven factual

Also I have been following https://twitter.com/secparam on twitter if you are truly interested in this type of tech he gives good insight

send your strays CAT: 9W4aXggw9bgraD88j77fZg7aT8Lnb4mkTw  Everyone has a Dream: DKDB1yj2ohbakpQQvUZsCEWow6K2CDDggD
R4v37

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:26:34 PM

Examples of why I say wait, watch and learn

Darkcoin--> http://www.cityam.com/blog/1401188238/darkcoin-crashes-23pc-after-blockchain-forks
Darkcoin had a fork fest and isn't truly anonymous

XC -->  XC Dev
Above is the linkin page for the dev. I would like you to note what his employer history is.
https://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/p?company=Homeland+Security+Wireless&trk=prof-0-ovw-prev_pos

Something tells me it smells of a fed sting trap for those dumb enough to not know anything about it but trust that it's an anonymous transaction when sending their data straight to a department of homeland security controlled mixer. <-- This statement is a speculative opinion and not proven factual

Also I have been following https://twitter.com/secparam on twitter if you are truly interested in this type of tech he gives good insight

wow, i dont realize these...
really WOW

THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM IN CRYPTOCURR
if they made some wrong moves, all altcoin will be dragged down for sure
no one will trust altcoin for its anonimity or anything like that, this' called apocalypse in Cryptocurrency
wtf these guys planning on  Huh
lexusivan888

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:04:43 AM

i see good in johny's working style.  Cool Cool Cool

ppl who lost money in this crypto game is usually coz they cant hold on to what they think first....
they first believe, then hesitate seeing the price dropping, then cut the bleed out... Grin
R4v37

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:11:42 AM

i see good in johny's working style.  Cool Cool Cool

ppl who lost money in this crypto game is usually coz they cant hold on to what they think first....
they first believe, then hesitate seeing the price dropping, then cut the bleed out... Grin
Panic Panic panic panic  Cheesy
johnny_non (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:27:24 AM

I'm not attempting to create panic or even say I am correct in my assumptions. I am skeptical of intentions on the behalf of some, and also leery about what unforeseen problems may arise. In the case of XC I can say that the developer more than likely knows what he's doing, But i have to question the method used and motives behind it.
As far as Dark is concerned there method is severely flawed. I have to look deeper into ring signatures to get a greater understanding. Though from what i understand that method creates data bloat that will eventually yield the coin nonviable for typical daily use.

I will continue to watch the progress of the development of these coins and others that may try to step into their shadows. In the meantime if you are wanting some level of anonymity I would suggest looking into running your wallet client through proxies and Tor. If I am not mistaken this can be done with any coin's wallet and should give you some added level of privacy. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Tor

If anybody actually has any experience with my above statement please let me know as this is probably one of the more valuable/viable and over looked options out there today

mrbildo

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:54:34 AM

Gotta say I really like the general idea of watching and learning from other coins before rushing into implementing tech like anonymous transactions, first movers are not always market makers in this game.
TOR integration should be easy enough for most wallets, it would nice to have this as an option in the Dreamcoin wallet directed at TOR nodes if people want to use it. Would be a nice little update to let people know that we working on things. Smiley
johnny_non (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:00:36 AM

Gotta say I really like the general idea of watching and learning from other coins before rushing into implementing tech like anonymous transactions, first movers are not always market makers in this game.
TOR integration should be easy enough for most wallets, it would nice to have this as an option in the Dreamcoin wallet directed at TOR nodes if people want to use it. Would be a nice little update to let people know that we working on things. Smiley

It's already in the settings tab  settings/options/network you set your proxy there to run trough Tor if you have it installed and set up. Otherwise I wouldn't exactly know how to, or if it would even be feasible to embed Tor directly into the client.

I just felt that it was an existing option that many don't know or realize is out there

Besides I am not trying to pump hype this coin so any announcements like that would simply be a hype attempt.
that's not my method. When we get growth it will be natural and solid.

Would you prefer a foundation built on concrete or air?

johnny

johnny_non (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:19:14 AM

This is a quote taken directly from one of the Developer of Zerocion/Zerocash

"Move fast & break things is a bad strategy w/ cutting edge crypto. If Zerocoin/cash did that, what we'd break would be your money & privacy"

I couldn't agree more.

raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:22:19 AM

This is a quote taken directly from one of the Developer of Zerocion/Zerocash

"Move fast & break things is a bad strategy w/ cutting edge crypto. If Zerocoin/cash did that, what we'd break would be your money & privacy"

I couldn't agree more.

very relevant, have you seen what has happened to Sync? (which i'm led to believe has some elements of Zerocoin in it)
the dev team moved fast, borke things and now they are struggling to get the price up again.

patience and honesty is all the community need to give backing.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
johnny_non (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:06:14 PM

Another thing that you may not be aware of is that our wallet is equipped with coin control.
Which allows you greater control over transactions and balances. You can find this under setting/option/display. There is a check box to enable this feature.

merk475

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:10:20 PM

Honestly it's a damn shame there isn't more interest in DRM, than what we're seeing.  I still hold some, but I've taken a beating from DRM like I never have before.....well except for MAX (lost 98% there, and almost knocked me out of the crypto-game).
johnny_non (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:25:28 PM

Honestly it's a damn shame there isn't more interest in DRM, than what we're seeing.  I still hold some, but I've taken a beating from DRM like I never have before.....well except for MAX (lost 98% there, and almost knocked me out of the crypto-game).
I'm sorry to hear this honestly i wish there was something i could put on the table right at this moment to make the market move in our favor.
There are things in development but nothing I am making public at this time.
I am down a bit cause of our previous dev as well I bought between 10k and 30k most closer to 30 than 10.
We will make it through this . However I cannot blame anyone for cutting their losses as I do not wish for anyone to have all of their eggs in one basket and wouldn't advise it prudent to do so.
Eventually we will be a stronger coin with a strong community I hope that people find us and know that i do not feed them what they want to hear or try to hype for gains.
We are a young community that needs to reach out to people and inform others that we exist.

This nation of dreamers much like Rome will not be built in one day.

merk475

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:38:22 PM

Honestly it's a damn shame there isn't more interest in DRM, than what we're seeing.  I still hold some, but I've taken a beating from DRM like I never have before.....well except for MAX (lost 98% there, and almost knocked me out of the crypto-game).
I'm sorry to hear this honestly i wish there was something i could put on the table right at this moment to make the market move in our favor.
There are things in development but nothing I am making public at this time.
I am down a bit cause of our previous dev as well I bought between 10k and 30k most closer to 30 than 10.
We will make it through this . However I cannot blame anyone for cutting their losses as I do not wish for anyone to have all of their eggs in one basket and wouldn't advise it prudent to do so.
Eventually we will be a stronger coin with a strong community I hope that people find us and know that i do not feed them what they want to hear or try to hype for gains.
We are a young community that needs to reach out to people and inform others that we exist.

This nation of dreamers much like Rome will not be built in one day.

No worries man....definitely not your fault.  I like YOU as the dev and you're easily accessible, and you don't sugar-coat anything.  Total transparency.  I would gladly get on any coin you become the developer for in the future (if you build one)....just saying.

Anyway as the motto goes: Never invest more than you afford to invest.

I put about 2 BTC into DRM at the beginning and lost a boat-load when Carsen bailed and completely sold out.  Thought I was done, but bought back in, when you jumped on board.  I had 68,000 at one point (4 BTC).  I sold a majority of it over the last couple days for about 1.7 BTC, but I still have 6,000.  Not much but at least it's something to hold.  

When I got into crypto in January I started with about $2900 to play with.  Because of some bad choices I made, and just learning the game, after my fail with MAXcoin I was down to about $400 and ready to give up.  But I kept at it.  Made some decent choices and increased my portfolio to something I'm actually really proud of, so things can DEFINITELY turn around.    

Moral of the story: If you believe in something keep at it, and don't give up.  Even when you think it's over, things can drastically change and move in the right direction.
R4v37

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:09:17 AM

try to knock up this thread  Grin
menu74

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:20:14 AM

Johnny, thanks all your team do the hard work. I think we are now in the phase two you mentioned in previous thread. Would you please move the plans or useful discussions/ideas in previous thread to this new one, this would help members know which plans we are still going on and continue the discussions. At the meantime, since this one is the third thread in one month, any update or renew would help members open the discussion and get attraction from members. thanks       
johnny_non (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 09:01:16 AM

This is the time to focus on community building and outreach. The time for the community to get creative and brainstorm. It's time to ask the question of what causes do you want to support? We're moving into the summer months school is not in session. For those of you in school think ahead towards setting up canvassing efforts for next semester and getting people involved in crypto. There are some of you that are new to Crypto currency or look at it as strictly a monetary investment. We need to work on education and risk assessment.
We can help inform people of what to look for in pump and dump schemes and how to avoid the scam traps. We can work on a framework for how to go about this. We don't want to be thread trolls. I would like to work on a video similar to this one http://youtu.be/HZkgD9TlZQs Get a paper wallet generator with custom graphics not just a rehash of someone else's. I personally am working on building a team. This is going to take time, some of the people i have reached out to are from outside the crypto community. Others it will not be prudent to approach for another two or three months as they are heavily involved in their own projects at this time.
This is the time of planting seeds, an invite for ideas,and time for open discussion.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: