Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:49:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So this just happened in Huobi.  (Read 2425 times)
lumierre (OP)

Activity: 862
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:41:40 AM

Minute Chart:

Daily Chart:

Some similarities to BTC-e

These price jumps or dumps are kinda strange. Did somebody really post those orders or is there something more to it?

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
Josepht

Activity: 1008
Merit: 515

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 09:43:41 AM

I guess it was just one single small trade.
w0lverine

Activity: 44
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:46:24 AM

when that trade came up on BTC-e I imagined someone missing a 0 when he typed his order.

his face when he realised the mistake must have been priceless..

A free world that we are in control of. In the Bitcoin space since 2013.
-
bc1qjm0kpgleed7q2pjv9f4l4xs6vn86lkyqplhsl9
-
segeln

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:01:52 AM

when that trade came up on BTC-e I imagined someone missing a 0 when he typed his order.

his face when he realised the mistake must have been priceless..
the same happened at BTCe with the 103$ mistyping earlier this year as I suppose
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:04:55 AM

People will try to dismiss it as a glitch, but it looks hooky as fuck to me.

When Bitfinex went to $10K, real people got burned, the exchange promised to refund them, don't how well they got on with that, but real people got burned and their system really did act like Bitcoin was at $10K with regards to traders with certain positions.

When BTC-e.com went to $100 and Bitfinex went to $100, real people got burned. Real stop long stop losses were triggered and real leveraged positions were wiped out. Plenty people who had low bid orders never got their orders filled, but the price on those exchanges' computers really did go down to $100 for many.

Huobi to $10K serves as an alarm bell to me about both the soundness and honesty of that exchange.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:06:03 AM

When Bitfinex went to $10K, real people got burned, the exchange promised to refund them, don't how well they got on with that, but real people got burned and their system really did act like Bitcoin was at $10K with regards to traders with certain positions.

When BTC-e.com went to $100 and Bitfinex went to $100, real people got burned. Real stop long stop losses were triggered and real leveraged positions were wiped out. Plenty people who had low bid orders never got their orders filled, but the price on those exchanges' computers really did go down to $100 for many.

Huobi to $10K serves as an alarm bell to me about both the soundness and honesty of that exchange.

Seriously? You can't just fathom that there was a glitch? Its got to be a grand conspiracy? Ok, whatever floats your boat.
MatTheCat

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:14:11 AM

Seriously? You can't just fathom that there was a glitch? Its got to be a grand conspiracy? Ok, whatever floats your boat.

When Bitfinex went to $10K, they admitted they had been hacked.

When BTC-e and Bitfinex went to $100, they never admitted a hack, but the fact that both of these exchange simultaneously went to this price, whereas the perhaps much more secure Bitstamp never, would suggest to me some kind of co-ordinated attack. Indeed, this has happened with Gox on more than one occasion, and these events were reported as 'hacks'......

......so what the fuck are you talking about?

Edit: Bobby Lee seems to be a bit of a 'conspiracy' nut as well as he has also alluded to the fact that the other Chinese exchanges fake liquidity. I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese exchanges serve largely as a pumping and dumping tool of a consortium of Chinese whales with access to Western exchanges and money markets.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
zetaray

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:15:20 AM

For price to spike that high, a buy order would have to be so big that it cleared wall after wall and it would take slightly longer for sell orders to replenish. IMO, it has to be a glitch.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
MatTheCat

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:31:15 AM

For price to spike that high, a buy order would have to be so big that it cleared wall after wall and it would take slightly longer for sell orders to replenish. IMO, it has to be a glitch.

Or their auto-volume bot glitched and missed out the order book component of the program and shot right up to the max limit set?

Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:35:55 AM

Birfinex refunded the lost funds.
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:37:21 AM

it would show up in volume, but of course it doesn't, so yes it's not a buy.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:43:44 AM

For every person that got burned, another person made out - two sides to every trade.

You, of all people, should know the laws of the jungle by now!

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:48:11 AM

I read a number of Chinese forums and no one is crying for this incident. So I believe it's only a glitch

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
akujin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:51:20 AM

589btc... hehe! That's the real amount of btc you'd find on huobi  Roll Eyes
 Grin Grin Grin

BTC: 165rKPfGJ3ndrG1QziHR6ACnViP4EQHNK7
LTC: LMysGMFjmF9gR9RzStij74msXrDP1NqW8X
DOGE: DRZXGgcKN8kANwko3VycsBVVGqfy6XsSpM
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:54:00 AM

I agree you don't see a price chart like that in regular trading unless someone made some sort of giant order got hacked or a glitch occurs in the system itself anyways unusual stuff.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
rudius

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:05:20 PM

I agree you don't see a price chart like that in regular trading unless someone made some sort of giant order got hacked or a glitch occurs in the system itself anyways unusual stuff.

what about snowballing short squeeze?
okthen

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:27:55 PM

I think it was a glitch. It isn't there anymore...
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:45:06 PM

I guess it was just one single small trade.

Since one small trade can't clear the orderbook, it must have been a bug in reporting, where an erroneous trade at 10000 was entered - either via bug or injected etc etc. Happens even on wall street, no surprise that it can happen on young exchanges.

i am satoshi
akujin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:53:51 PM

Did huobi contact bitcoinwisdom to erase it? bitcoinity still has it. jejeje  Grin Grin Grin

BTC: 165rKPfGJ3ndrG1QziHR6ACnViP4EQHNK7
LTC: LMysGMFjmF9gR9RzStij74msXrDP1NqW8X
DOGE: DRZXGgcKN8kANwko3VycsBVVGqfy6XsSpM
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 03:50:29 PM

Uhhh, What the hell?

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: