Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:54:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] RealPay [A new e-commerce business platform][Release Date: TBA]  (Read 20266 times)
TheGlobber (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 11:32:16 PM

I meant they cannot be tracked in terms of the KYC procedure. We know as you correctly point out the amount and the addresses involved but not the actual sender/receiver which is what the authorities want to know...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheGlobber (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 11:52:32 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2012, 12:09:04 AM by TheGlobber

UPDATE:

Change #1: We will be changing the name to resemble a financial service rather than a cryptocoin. The new name is "RealPay" and the use of the symbol "R" will be kept at least for the beginning.

Change #2: We are keeping the number of 10 billion units but dropping the price to $1. The number has to be high because of our plans to expand in markets where PayPal is either not offered or has certain limitations like India, China, Japan and others.

Change #3: Profit from investments will be returned back to RP users in the form of dividends thus keeping the price at $1 at all times which will make things easier for users as well as merchants since you will not need to do any conversions much like with PP.

1QaZxSw2

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 12:57:21 AM

UPDATE:

Change #1: We will be changing the name to resemble a financial service rather than a cryptocoin. The new name is "RealPay" and the use of the symbol "R" will be kept at least for the beginning.

Change #2: We are keeping the number of 10 billion units but dropping the price to $1. The number has to be high because of our plans to expand in markets where PayPal is either not offered or has certain limitations like India, China, Japan and others.

Change #3: Profit from investments will be returned back to RP users in the form of dividends thus keeping the price at $1 at all times which will make things easier for users as well as merchants since you will not need to do any conversions much like with PP.

Great to hear. Since you are not a cryptocoin anymore, you dont need an upper limit on the number of coins. Advise users that you currently plan to issue 10 billion for sale and more may be offered if market conditions warrant it (so that they dont get upset)

But your business plan is a lot more clearer and simpler now. Wish you the best.
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:35:38 AM

To make sure that our business is 100% legitimate, together with our planned incorporation in the US we will also register as an MSB and follow all guidelines by the respective authorities.

As for transactions happening within the blockchain and outside the exchange, it is pretty much understood that they cannot be tracked and we cannot do anything about it.

You should read up on Suspicious Activity Report requirements.   

You probably need to know at minimum name, address, and DOB for every account holder.   If people can generate anonymous accounts and transfer thousands of dollars between them, your AML plan portion of your MSB application probably isn't going to be approved.

I am rooting for you, but I don't see how you will be able to get a MSB license in the US.
TheGlobber (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:41:27 AM

You probably need to know at minimum name, address, and DOB for every account holder.   If people can generate anonymous accounts and transfer thousands of dollars between them, your AML plan portion of your MSB application probably isn't going to be approved.

I am rooting for you, but I don't see how you will be able to get a MSB license in the US.

Thank you for your guidance.

Actually we have a team (lawyer, consultant etc.) that is working on this so i guess they will look into it as deep as it needs to go. I am no expert in this so i am just pointing out the steps we are taking or will take in the future by regularly updating the thread with our moves.

What you mention above is definitely going to be the case within the exchange. I actually pointed our team to Mt.Gox and the AML regulations they follow. They are also looking at other similar services and taking advice from much more experienced lawyers in this area.
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 07:16:19 AM

You probably need to know at minimum name, address, and DOB for every account holder.   If people can generate anonymous accounts and transfer thousands of dollars between them, your AML plan portion of your MSB application probably isn't going to be approved.

Thank you for your guidance.

Actually we have a team (lawyer, consultant etc.) that is working on this so i guess they will look into it as deep as it needs to go. I am no expert in this so i am just pointing out the steps we are taking or will take in the future by regularly updating the thread with our moves.

What you mention above is definitely going to be the case within the exchange. I actually pointed our team to Mt.Gox and the AML regulations they follow. They are also looking at other similar services and taking advice from much more experienced lawyers in this area.

You will need to follow AML procedures for both the exchange and transfers of funds across individuals via the client. To do this, you will need to link all payment addresses to verified identities and addresses. If anyone attempts to buy or send money using RealPay without verifying their identity, you will have to refuse the transfer, freeze their funds, etc. If your lawyer has told you don't need to do this, they may be incompetent.

You cannot administer an anonymous USD payment system for drugs, weapons, and human trafficking. This will never be allowed, don't kid yourself. Would governments like this? If the answer is no, then why would they choose to allow it? If they don't want to allow it, how can you force them to?

It could still work however if the peer-to-peer system has lower overhead than something like paypal and thus can allow users to earn interest, pay low fees, etc. If you think this is possible, then you should pursue your project. Just give up on anonymity because it is a pipe dream.

Get Real!

1QaZxSw2

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 09:22:09 PM

UPDATE:

Note that bitcoin marketcap as of now is about $46 million. You are hoping to be 200x bigger than bitcoin. This may happen, but I have serious doubts about it.

The second thing you have to be aware of is how the already paranoid bitcoin community will perceive this: They will basically think: "This guy is asking us to give him 10 billion dollars in exchange for a hashcode". Even if your intentions are honest and you keep everything in AAA bonds that pay 6% a year, assuming you take 1% fee thats easily 100million/year. Basically, you are trying to be a large bank (and the govt will probably view it this way, which leads to its own set of problems).

On the other hand, if you dont have a fixed number of coins (generate as people want to buy) and focus on providing a tiny fee for transactions, you may make the same kind of money, but people will focus on the 0.1BTC fee instead. The govt may also ignore you.
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 11:17:40 AM

Want to know the biggest surprise in the Bitcoin community in 2012 ?

This will soon be announced as SolidCoin 3.0 ! Cheesy

Even RS coin is better than this insane plan ( $10 billion, really ) !

Still no client ? Fail.

Delays after delays ? Yes.

Pairing the old banking system ( PayPal ) with cryptocoin ( Bitcoin ) theory = will not work, ever IMHO.

They stand for totally different things.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 04:30:38 PM

Want to know the biggest surprise in the Bitcoin community in 2012 ?

This will soon be announced as SolidCoin 3.0 ! Cheesy

Even RS coin is better than this insane plan ( $10 billion, really ) !

Still no client ? Fail.

Delays after delays ? Yes.

Pairing the old banking system ( PayPal ) with cryptocoin ( Bitcoin ) theory = will not work, ever IMHO.

They stand for totally different things.
- $10 billion doesn't matter.  If that cap is never reached, it makes no difference to the operation or purpose of the project.
- Delays are inevitable when things are changed.  They've made several major changes (for the better) since starting this thread.  I'd rather see a product released later with better features due to community feedback than a project that is forgoes benefits for the sake of meeting deadlines.
- Why wouldn't pairing Bitcoin technology with the USD work?  It doesn't matter what either stands for in order to use it.
TheGlobber (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 10:23:43 AM

UPDATE: The client will be released some time next week (the exact date to be announced soon). It is ready and currently going through the testing phase to ensure that it is bug free.

The forum as well as the official page will be soon online as well.

Thanks to all for your support!
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 03:40:06 AM

you know, i bet this project would have done a lot better if it was never talked about

as it is its back to looking like a joke, but hey, good luck, maybe just say less about it

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: