Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:57:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The rise has stopped..  (Read 5433 times)
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:57:06 PM

Opinions..?  We've stopped at 580... Roomers about inc heavey BTC drop because bitstamp is insolvent..? 

A BTC run up before the bottom falls out?
The next BTC bubble?
GoofyUK

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:57:55 PM

Opinions..?  We've stopped at 580... Roomers about inc heavey BTC drop because bitstamp is insolvent..? 

The next BTC bubble?

chill. people were asleep and some have to go to work

to the moon later tonight!
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:00:09 PM

Err Bitstamp is not insolvent.

It's a Memorial Day in the US, major holiday.

Also, what's a roomer?
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:01:55 PM

Err Bitstamp is not insolvent.

Also, what's a roomer?

A great way to detect assholes.
pinksheep

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:01:59 PM

Can someone tell me where these rumours about Bitstamp being insolvent came from & is there even a remote possibility that it's true?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bananaControl

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:03:03 PM

Do they have a Bankers who Jumped Day as well?
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:03:12 PM

Can someone tell me where these rumours about Bitstamp being insolvent came from & is there even a remote possibility that it's true?

Not sure and not sure... lol.

I am bored at work...  we need more pictures in the memespeculation thread.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:04:25 PM

Bitstamp is at 585$ now, High: 593.
Price is just fluctuating.
dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:05:42 PM

There are zero reasons to assume Bitstamp is insolvent.

What is happening though is a rather over zealous KYC/AML policy which asks rather probing questions such as proof of funds. This in itself is not a problem IF its in the TOS and people can expect it.

Whats not okay is people selling coins thinking they are verified (it even tells you on your account you are verified) and then having their funds held hostage until they pass all the procedures.

Overall its just about making things clearer but they are likely just covering their ass. Naturally people jump way far ahead of themselves and start making wild presumptions.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:08:02 PM

The next BTC bubble?
As long as we are daydreaming, I'm going with... A new Chinese double secret ban!  Huh

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:09:44 PM

Out of trolls asses..
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:14:19 PM

The next BTC bubble?
As long as we are daydreaming, I'm going with... A new Chinese double secret ban!  Huh

Excellent just the ideas I was hoping to read!
rhino34567

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:25:09 PM

What caused the rise in the first place, if anybody knows? I would expect a gradual and slow one, but this one was mostly sudden and unexpected.

manrus
Legendary

Activity: 1334
Merit: 1004

TTM

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:36:17 PM

The main pumper stop buying btc
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:37:14 PM

What caused the rise in the first place, if anybody knows? I would expect a gradual and slow one, but this one was mostly sudden and unexpected.
Throw in some speculation about the rise!! Come one now!  Area 51 needing BTC to pay off Aliens that were going to take out NYC if we didn't! 

STORIES! I NEED THEM.
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:39:06 PM

Two days ago price didn't move, it was more stable than right now. Then it skyrocketed.

Also. Bitstamp is not insolvent
When I'll hear about cases of withdrawals actually not going through we will have something to talk about. for now it's FUD.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:43:48 PM

There are zero reasons to assume Bitstamp is insolvent.

What is happening though is a rather over zealous KYC/AML policy which asks rather probing questions such as proof of funds. This in itself is not a problem IF its in the TOS and people can expect it.

Whats not okay is people selling coins thinking they are verified (it even tells you on your account you are verified) and then having their funds held hostage until they pass all the procedures.

Overall its just about making things clearer but they are likely just covering their ass. Naturally people jump way far ahead of themselves and start making wild presumptions.

Their policies have been in place for ages. Noobs join Bitstamp and then freak out and post on here in a panic.

Even if you are fully verified big transfers need explaining. This has been the case for ages.

This is a new unregulated environment. Regulation is coming. Bitstamp don't want to get in trouble so they might be going a little far with the KYC but what else would you expect from people churning over millions of dollars every day taking a prudent approach in an unregulated-soon-to-be-regulated environment?

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
jcoin200

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:51:47 PM

Price went up last week, dropped 2-3% then kept rising. Your crazy to think the price has stalled
dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:03:33 PM

Their policies have been in place for ages. Noobs join Bitstamp and then freak out and post on here in a panic.

Even if you are fully verified big transfers need explaining. This has been the case for ages.

This is a new unregulated environment. Regulation is coming. Bitstamp don't want to get in trouble so they might be going a little far with the KYC but what else would you expect from people churning over millions of dollars every day taking a prudent approach in an unregulated-soon-to-be-regulated environment?

Yes their general questionnaire has but this is new so slightly different and nothing like anything else any other broker in the world would do. Asking for proof of funds including signing of personal Bitcoin addresses is imo too far and totally unnecessary particularly with you only finding out about them after you have sold. People can have a variety of legitimate reasons for not wanting to send bank statements and other personal docs to Stamp. Just look at adobe and ebay for examples, in fact just look at gox. There is plenty of reasons to not want to go through that procedure, which until they cite some sort of law or guidelines is them stabbing in the dark at what is really required.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:30:43 PM

Yes their general questionnaire has but this is new so slightly different and nothing like anything else any other broker in the world would do. Asking for proof of funds including signing of personal Bitcoin addresses is imo too far and totally unnecessary particularly with you only finding out about them after you have sold. People can have a variety of legitimate reasons for not wanting to send bank statements and other personal docs to Stamp. Just look at adobe and ebay for examples, in fact just look at gox. There is plenty of reasons to not want to go through that procedure, which until they cite some sort of law or guidelines is them stabbing in the dark at what is really required.

This^^

I have sent my last funds to Bitstamp ever I think, I still have several K in their which I will use for trading Bitcoin but this is a third or even quarter of the amount that I would otherwise have in Bitcoin. Last time I tried to send funds to Stamp, I got hit with all their bullshit and I told them to ram it. Bet lots of other people have done as well and I bet Stamp is playing a prominent role in restricting funds into Bitcoin.......

.......or perhaps Bitstamp are now only interested in BIG customers and are slowly discouraging the smaller players away?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: