Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:39:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buckle UP buttercup!!!  (Read 2918 times)
tatu

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:05:24 PM

I guess there's always a privacy issue with facebook  Cheesy.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:06:12 PM

It's too bad they'll be using bits though.
bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 09:08:50 PM

I guess there's always a privacy issue with facebook  Cheesy.

youre naturally sacrificing your privacy by even logging onto facebook, but what this app does is create a massive database of real world identities [1] mapped to Bitcoin addresses.  They don't necessarily need to know every address to track down the owners, but knowing their social connections helps them to eliminate a lot of the possibilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JotAOgXFxSs

curious that CoinDesk does not even mention this aspect at all. (or maybe not)

-bm

[1] and these identities include extensive info on family, friends, beliefs, tendencies, likes, etc.

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
Finchy

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:11:25 PM

I'm sure those worried about their privacy or being annoymous wont use this. It's good for the bigger picture though.
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 09:13:03 PM

I'm sure those worried about their privacy or being annoymous wont use this. It's good for the bigger picture though.

what is 'the bigger picture'?

Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:14:56 PM

Any information about if Facebook allows this kind of things? Do they allow competitors for their own credit system?

Finchy

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:18:32 PM

Ie bitcoin going mainstream. Having people use it on facebook will help a lot.
Jesu

Activity: 166

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:20:19 PM

Any information about if Facebook allows this kind of things? Do they allow competitors for their own credit system?

Thats what I thought. Only time will tell.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:20:55 PM

Ie bitcoin going mainstream. Having people use it on facebook will help a lot.

Yup, you don't have to use it, other people can Smiley
Finchy

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:25:18 PM

As long as theyre using it thats all that matters.
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 09:26:30 PM

It is total garbage.  They lose thousands of customers everyday because they don't make the application available without 'send a request'.  You must give your email so you can be spammed to hell for the next 5 years.  I just want to download the damn thing to try it.  But there is no download page.  You must 'send a request'.  The minute I see a form which ask for my email and has 'send a request' on it - I bail.  100% quit.  A real estate agent website I was on last month lost $30000 fees because his stupid page has 'send a request' on it.  My fucking request is implicit because I am on your fucking site looking at your shit.  My request is embodied in the fact that I am looking on the internet for your shit.  Don't make it hard to download your app and you have a change to get people to download it.  Force people to give their email address and 'send a request' and you will limit your users by 4:1 by my estimate.  Who has time to 'send a request'?  Just give me the fucking download page.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:27:18 PM

Who else read the article and read QuickCoin as QuarkCoin?

I think that using this wallet will provide massive exposure for Bitcoin within the Facebook community, however it comes with privacy concerns too.

Meh.  Zuckerberg's just trying to mess with the Winklevosses again.

I don't believe that Zuckerberg has anything to do with this.

wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:29:22 PM

It is total garbage.  They lose thousands of customers everyday because they don't make the application available without 'send a request'.  You must give your email so you can be spammed to hell for the next 5 years.  I just want to download the damn thing to try it.  But there is no download page.  You must 'send a request'.  The minute I see a form which ask for my email and has 'send a request' on it - I bail.  100% quit.  A real estate agent website I was on last month lost $30000 fees because his stupid page has 'send a request' on it.  My fucking request is implicit because I am on your fucking site looking at your shit.  My request is embodied in the fact that I am looking on the internet for your shit.  Don't make it hard to download your app and you have a change to get people to download it.  Force people to give their email address and 'send a request' and you will limit your users by 4:1 by my estimate.  Who has time to 'send a request'?  Just give me the fucking download page.

You don't have a spam mail account for this?
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:32:17 PM

I haven't used facebook in years... I would be like one of those people who probably doesn't even look like their facebook photo  anymore.  I will however log back in to check this out
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:06:01 PM

This is a Roach Motel. You can put bitcoins in, but can't get them out. NVM, it looks like it will take an address.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 10:07:49 PM

This is a Roach Motel. You can put bitcoins in, but can't get them out.

if you consider all the trouble you have to go through- the risks to your money, the fees, the volatility, and the authorities watching your every move... is it worth it?

-bm

tatu

Activity: 138

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:15:53 PM

Who else read the article and read QuickCoin as QuarkCoin?

I think that using this wallet will provide massive exposure for Bitcoin within the Facebook community, however it comes with privacy concerns too.

Meh.  Zuckerberg's just trying to mess with the Winklevosses again.

I don't believe that Zuckerberg has anything to do with this.

He wont. He could stop it though. Hopefully not though,.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:29:38 PM

This is a Roach Motel. You can put bitcoins in, but can't get them out.

if you consider all the trouble you have to go through- the risks to your money, the fees, the volatility, and the authorities watching your every move... is it worth it?

-bm

I found out how to send them back to my wallet. It's just not well documented. It's perfect for tipping small amounts and because it is off blockchain to send within FB, you don't pay mining fees.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
RockHound

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:00:30 AM

I think this is pretty nice from Facebook.
They will make bitcoin more mainstream by doing this.
Think of all that facebook people who maybe never heard of bitcoin or are gonna try it now because of Facebook.
Remember they have so much users, really good news I would say.

There's no affiliation with Facebook whatsoever as far as I know. Just built on top of FB platform?

I'm interested in their security and fee's.

i.e would it be cheaper for me just to send my mates BTC via Electrum?

Would definitely need to find out more regarding privacy and insurance against hacks if was to load account up with xBTC.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:17:11 AM

This isn't designed for hard core bit coiners that put a high value on their privacy. This is an app to bring new people to bit coin. If privacy concerns you that much there are ways around it.   

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: