Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:40:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what bitcoin client to use for website?  (Read 934 times)
ytesfay80 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:12:42 PM

I wanted to create a website where when a user signs up they are given a bitcoin wallet where they can send bitcoins to and from. Does anyone what do sites like nitrogensports.eu and cloudbet.com use?

I read through the blockchain wallet api. Are there any alternatives to that?
This question is probably hard to understand and I may not have used the right words to describe my question. Sorry
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:28:02 PM

You could use Bitcoin Core (bitcoind). Another idea is to use a deterministic wallet (bitcoinj or electrum?) where one private key can be used to generate "infinite" amount of public keys. The bitcoind-approach is probably easier to implement. If you don't want or can't run a Bitcoin node, using blockchain wallet API is a good choice too. You may be able to add extra security with multisig addresses.

Anyway, the most simple solution would be to generate a list of public keys and save them in to a database. When user signs up, assign an address from the pre-generated list to the user.

monsterbitty

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:38:08 PM

They used bitcoind and probably using bitcoin api, they have used for deposits and withdrawls, I am not sure big sites like nitrogen or any sports betting would use third party api, they would use a direct way to generate address.
ytesfay80 (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:46:42 PM

I've been reading a little about bitcoind with JSON-RPC. How would I be able to use that to create user wallets/accounts for each person that creates an account on my website?
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:48:11 PM

I've been reading a little about bitcoind with JSON-RPC. How would I be able to use that to create user wallets/accounts for each person that creates an account on my website?

When you create a new account, you would just assign that to a specific user. You'd then check for updates and update each user's account accordingly. This could be done with a simple array like:

"User" => "Address"

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ytesfay80 (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:58:37 PM

When you create a new account, you would just assign that to a specific user. You'd then check for updates and update each user's account accordingly. This could be done with a simple array like:

"User" => "Address"

You say "When you create a new account, you would just assign that to a specific user"

What are you referring to when you say "assign that to a specific user"?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:10:25 AM

"User" => "Address"

You say "When you create a new account, you would just assign that to a specific user"

1) Generatenewaddress
2) Take that new address and throw it in a database attached to a user
3) Monitor addresses for changes. If one gets a deposit, alter the user's row

You'd run something like this:

UID | UserID | Address

UID = AI, U, int
UserID = U, int
Address = varchar

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ytesfay80 (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:48:26 AM

"User" => "Address"

1) Generatenewaddress

UID | UserID | Address

UID = AI, U, int
UserID = U, int
Address = varchar

In "UserID = U, int" what does the "U" stand for. I assume the AI stands for auto-increment.

I understand what you are saying about generating an address and storing in a db but what about when a user wants to withdraw their bitcoins. How would the system know which address to withdraw from?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:54:46 AM

"User" => "Address"

1) Generatenewaddress

UID | UserID | Address

UID = AI, U, int
UserID = U, int
Address = varchar

In "UserID = U, int" what does the "U" stand for. I assume the AI stands for auto-increment.

I understand what you are saying about generating an address and storing in a db but what about when a user wants to withdraw their bitcoins. How would the system know which address to withdraw from?

U is unique (part of being AI).

As for withdrawing, that wouldn't really be relevant in most systems I don't think (this would effectively give a coin mixer by default). If you needed that, though, I think you would just need to create a raw transaction and utilize the inputs from the user's specific address. I don't deal with raw transactions though so I'm not 100% sure on exactly how that's done.

Bitcoin Cat

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 04:36:41 AM

I wanted to create a website where when a user signs up they are given a bitcoin wallet where they can send bitcoins to and from. Does anyone what do sites like nitrogensports.eu and cloudbet.com use?

This question is probably hard to understand and I may not have used the right words to describe my question. Sorry

The easiest way to do this is bitcoind. You don't even need a database. Just getnewaddress(account) and it will give the address with the account name you put. You can even have an account name that ends with a password hash if you want to have a login system on the site. Then move() to the new address from the main wallet account that is an address with an empty account name string. Now the user has a balance and he can fill it by sending coins to his address. Then if the user withdraws, use sendtoaddress()+move again (and incluode failsafe so he's not allowed to withdraw himself into a negative account balance.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:42:14 AM

The easiest way to do this is bitcoind. You don't even need a database. Just getnewaddress(account) and it will give the address with the account name you put. You can even have an account name that ends with a password hash if you want to have a login system on the site. Then move() to the new address from the main wallet account that is an address with an empty account name string. Now the user has a balance and he can fill it by sending coins to his address. Then if the user withdraws, use sendtoaddress()+move again (and incluode failsafe so he's not allowed to withdraw himself into a negative account balance.

Don't use bitcoind accounts.  They don't scale and once you build a system around it you will be trapped in a technological dead end.  Use bitcoind as a processing engine and handle your user data in the database.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:25:21 AM

Don't use bitcoind accounts.  They don't scale and once you build a system around it you will be trapped in a technological dead end.  Use bitcoind as a processing engine and handle your user data in the database.

Would my example be more accurate then? My thought is you use bitcoind to make a new address, then use a database to attach that address to a user. When the address has a balance update, you'd just update your user's balance in the database.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:40:17 AM

Yes.  The exact details will vary by application but at a high level the data layer contains the application details (user "balances", deposit addresses, tx history) and bitcoind is merely used as a conduit to connect the application to the bitcoin network.
Coinsera

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:38:51 PM

"User" => "Address"

1) Generatenewaddress

UID | UserID | Address

UID = AI, U, int
UserID = U, int
Address = varchar

How user account will be updated and sync.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: