Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:09:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice for visiting Los Angeles, Hollywood Hills area  (Read 344 times)
Cryptopher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:57:40 PM

Hello all,

A few friends and I are looking into booking accommodation within the Hollywood Hills area of Los Angeles sometime next year. We've picked out a few candidate apartments and are very pleased with what we have seen so far!

One of the things we aren't too sure about is transport.

Is it better to hire a car (there's likely going to be six of us) to drive into the city, which will of course require parking, or are we better off using other transport options: are there buses on the outskirts of the Hills? I think that cab fares would rack up quickly.

We are also considering heading out to Las Vegas for a few nights, but we could hire a car for that trip alone.

Would be grateful for any constructive advice Smiley

Thanks in advance!

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yeezus

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:01:42 PM

Would love to do a vegas road trip sometime. Looks like fun.

CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:04:55 PM

You need a car, for sure. Especially in the hills. There might be a DASH bus that runs up where you might be staying, but it won't do. I can tell you from experience. LA is really difficult, period, without a car. So I would highly recommend figuring out a situation that will accommodate one.  Smiley

Cryptopher (OP)
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:13:26 PM

You need a car, for sure. Especially in the hills. There might be a DASH bus that runs up where you might be staying, but it won't do. I can tell you from experience. LA is really difficult, period, without a car. So I would highly recommend figuring out a situation that will accommodate one.  Smiley

Thanks for your feedback Smiley

One of the apartments is right next to the Hollywood Bowl Cheesy Those roads do look like hard work, I think that they are in GTA V haha.

I think that it is pretty much set then that we will need to hire a car for the trip. Hope that we can get one with a manual gearbox. Do you know what the parking is like in Los Angeles city centre? I guess that we could park just outside and walk a little.

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:20:15 PM

i don't even know the hollywood hills area despite living 40 min away  Cheesy

you are most likely much better off with a car though, especially if you want to visit other parts of LA. just be sure not to rent your car at the airport, where the rates are significantly higher.
Cryptopher (OP)
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:24:18 PM

i don't even know the hollywood hills area despite living 40 min away  Cheesy

you are most likely much better off with a car though, especially if you want to visit other parts of LA. just be sure not to rent your car at the airport, where the rates are significantly higher.

Yeah definitely, as much as possible will be arranged beforehand online to reduce the likelihood of extra costs that we could have otherwise avoided.

ideally if we get that apartment near the Hollywood Bowl then we would need eight people (two more) such that it would bring down the cost of the accommodation. It would however require an extra car, which I would prefer as I don't much fancy driving around in a beasty people carrier, especially on those winding roads with lots of fancy cars.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: