Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:37:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Arduino designer/programmer  (Read 1817 times)
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 06:17:09 AM

I have a simple project, preferably developed using arduino.
The thing will contain a numeric keypad to allow user to enter time in milliseconds.
The LCD will display the time.
User will press a buttion (say #) to tell it to start the count down.
When the count down starts, it will move a servo to one position. Once the countdown reaches zero, it will move the servo to another position.
This should be fairly simple, I simply don't have the knowledge and time needed to develop it.
PM me your price for such a project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ne1

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2012, 07:04:01 AM

I will also be needing someone willing to help develop an arduino project for btc in the near future.  If you find someone let me know.

-ne1

AniceInovation
Donator

Activity: 446
Merit: 262

Interesting.

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 03:33:37 AM

Can't it be an normal microchip?
You only need the code, or you want also some kind of PCB with all together?
When you mention servo, it's a servo like the ones used on the small hobby cars?
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 04:04:43 AM

When you mention servo, it's a servo like the ones used on the small hobby cars?
It can, but I'd rather it be arduino, i like open source, and have an interest in learning it later.
Need all PCB and parts pre-build.
Can be a servo, as long as it can push/release the button at a very precise time. Say 50ms precision.
Vanderbleek

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 04:50:01 AM

You're not wanting this to push a power button are you? Because there are easier ways of doing that.

As for the arduino programming, I've done a little work with other robotics -- just not arduino specifically. I do know a bit about it, and where to find resources with it. Can't really tell you if I can help or not without more specifics though (moving from A to B sounds like a job for a stepper motor, not a servo, or maybe a pneumatic assembly).
deslok

Activity: 462

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 04:55:34 AM

The cost of programing a single chip and breadboards(or pcb) would outweight the arduino for a one off project and wouldnt be very flexible if you intended to change the design at all later

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
deslok

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 04:57:06 AM

You're not wanting this to push a power button are you? Because there are easier ways of doing that.

As for the arduino programming, I've done a little work with other robotics -- just not arduino specifically. I do know a bit about it, and where to find resources with it. Can't really tell you if I can help or not without more specifics though (moving from A to B sounds like a job for a stepper motor, not a servo, or maybe a pneumatic assembly).

if he's pushing a button a stepper motor isn't much good it's still rotary like a servo, pneumatics would work but aren't great for predictability due to varying pressure in the system and the requirement of a compressor and electrically activated valves would total more than a linear actuator after very long

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
Vanderbleek

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 05:03:33 AM

if he's pushing a button a stepper motor isn't much good it's still rotary like a servo, pneumatics would work but aren't great for predictability due to varying pressure in the system and the requirement of a compressor and electrically activated valves would total more than a linear actuator after very long

What I mean was "if all you're doing is pushing a button, there are better ways to do that (like just wiring in the panel/timer). If you have to do something else, like move it a foot, and do something, a stepper motor might be the ticket."

I've been looking at 3d printers too much, probably.
deslok

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 05:07:16 AM

What I mean was "if all you're doing is pushing a button, there are better ways to do that (like just wiring in the panel/timer). If you have to do something else, like move it a foot, and do something, a stepper motor might be the ticket."

I've been looking at 3d printers too much, probably.
steppers are great for 3d printers and pen plotters (mpja has a great selection of steppers by the way) not so much for hitting a pushbutton though

chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 02:23:31 PM

all, i am not trying to push a power button. this is not related to mining!
MORA

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 05:12:53 PM

I can do it, will send a PM...

Have developed a lot of projects for AVR, and started out with arduino, it has its positive and negative sides, esp. with the smaller arduino its not that bad a prototype platform Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: