Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:48:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: League of Legends Referrals  (Read 6380 times)
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 08:04:04 PM

with the new 2.0 referral system are your prices going to change?  thinking about using your services
Well now it looks like this service is definitely against the Terms and Conditions.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/rewards/terms-and-conditions

pretty sure using one person was against the terms even with version 1.0 but i dont know, never read the terms before
There weren't terms for referrals before, at least anywhere I was able to find them.  These terms took effect 2012-04-05

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crankmonkey

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 10:37:01 PM

with the new 2.0 referral system are your prices going to change?  thinking about using your services
Well now it looks like this service is definitely against the Terms and Conditions.

pretty sure using one person was against the terms even with version 1.0 but i dont know, never read the terms before
There weren't terms for referrals before, at least anywhere I was able to find them.  These terms took effect 2012-04-05

i did not know that
the more you know!

wonder if/ how they exactly track it, too lazy to read everything about the terms and conditions
i mean a free to use proxy seems like it would do the trick, make it act like its a different person, shrug
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 10:46:43 PM

i did not know that
the more you know!

wonder if/ how they exactly track it, too lazy to read everything about the terms and conditions
i mean a free to use proxy seems like it would do the trick, make it act like its a different person, shrug
Well anyone with a ton of 0 activity, level 10 referrals that all have nearly identical email addresses from the same domain are going to be suspect Sad

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 01:02:33 AM

i did not know that
the more you know!

Well anyone with a ton of 0 activity, level 10 referrals that all have nearly identical email addresses from the same domain are going to be suspect Sad

I really don't think Riot will care or look into it unless you get a major prize like the trip to their place.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
pskonejott (OP)

Activity: 51

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 06:09:57 PM

i did not know that
the more you know!

I really don't think Riot will care or look into it unless you get a major prize like the trip to their place.

Honestly, I'm still giving myself referrals with no fear of getting caught. Think about how many people play the game. I don't think Riot has the time to go through everyone's referrals and check to see if they're legitimate. However if they do happen to look at your referrals and notify you of the violation, you can argue that you have no idea how/why you're getting referrals and maybe some random person is doing it for you. Riot would have no way of determining if that is true or false.
I would be willing to level referrals up to level 10, but it'll take much longer to do so thus increasing the price. To get from level 1 to 5 takes about 500 experience. To get from level 1 to 10 takes about 3000 experience or about 6x longer. With that in mind, if I increase the price to be proportional to the amount of time it takes, the referrals would not be worth it for you guys to buy. Therefore, I can still do the service for a slightly increased price but you'll have to deal with the process taking a little bit longer. I'm thinking of buying more RAM for my computer which will increase the rate at which I can complete the referrals. What are your opinions on what I should do?
crankmonkey

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 08:25:44 PM

would depend on the overall interest you have had really and the price now at which you will be setting.  experience is gained at how quickly you win or lose the games, no amount of ram will change that unless you are leveling by not playing against other people.  then it comes down to how quickly you can level up x amount of toons
pskonejott (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 08:39:11 PM

would depend on the overall interest you have had really and the price now at which you will be setting.  experience is gained at how quickly you win or lose the games, no amount of ram will change that unless you are leveling by not playing against other people.  then it comes down to how quickly you can level up x amount of toons

I'm using a program that goes through custom games for me. Considering it takes 6 times as long to complete, I think $1.20 per referral is reasonable. However, I don't know the community's willingness to pay that price. Also, if you haven't switched to v2.0, I think you can still receive the awards offerend in v1.0.
pskonejott (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 07:13:22 PM

Bump
knokturnl

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:29:33 AM

Not like it makes much difference but pskonejott scammed me for 7BTC, sent first and he hasn't contacted me since.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: