Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:09:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This world runs on EVIL,GREED and SELFISHNESS  (Read 8204 times)
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 03:14:54 PM

What tax do you propose for greedy politicians?  For assholes on the road?
People that don't give a damn about smoking in public places?
the list goes on and on...

I am not talking about SICK people like child molesters or rapists..they deserve to die.
But supposedly "normal" people that care about nobody or anything but #1 ( themselves)

It seems you have some ideas, maybe?  What are they?
Sam

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
farfiman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 05:33:34 PM

I am not talking about SICK people like child molesters or rapists..they deserve to die.
But supposedly "normal" people that care about nobody or anything but #1 ( themselves)

Sam

Not really. I believe myself to but a VERY law abiding person, but some days i just wish i had the
guts to be a vigilante . The punishments i see that criminals get just make me laugh. How can
an evil person be deterred from committing another crime when it's just WORTHWHILE...

Just as an example... we have drivers that get ticket after ticket for speeding, running red lights
and they get a fine..A FINE after the 3rd , 4th  , 10th time....  just take away there damn driving license!
but no... that will be too much , poor guy.. how will he get to work? Isn't there a limit to a persons liberties?

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 05:57:30 PM

If the gov't took away their license how would they keep collecting fines???
farfiman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 06:39:26 PM

so the judges are in cahoots with the rest of the bunch.....

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 07:12:26 PM

so the judges are in cahoots with the rest of the bunch.....

Well so many municipalities are going to red light cameras and speed detectors.  They can't legally charge the perp with a crime because a police officer didn't catch them and witness it and press charges/ticket them, a machine, who answers to no one, did.  So they have to decriminalize these crimes and make the automated process of ticketing someone a civil suite.

So basically our solution to too many people breaking the law's is to decriminalize them and automate the enforcement of lesser charges that then becomes a revenue source for the municipality.

So judges aren't even involved usually.  And there is less/no accountability.  Ain't technology great?
Sam

farfiman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 10:16:49 AM

Exactly what is happening here... they just installed a big bunch of those cams...  I can't say I'm not for it,
if someone wants to drive 130KMH  in a 90 zone , let him pay through the nose as far as I'm concerned- the
more the merrier- maybe , just maybe after 2000$ worth of fines the guy will calm down... if not
at least it might help pay for the damage that is done from other speeders.  It is impossible to enforce any law
if enough people don't follow it.  

reminds me of  a part in Star-Trek from a very long time ago. They land on a planet were everything looks like
heaven , everybody is smiling, there is NO CRIME.  After a while one of the party steps on the grass where you
 aren't supposed to- that's when they find out why there is no crime- there is only 1 punishment for all crimes- DEATH.

EDIT:  just to be clear - I don't think the above is the answer.....

Martin Armstrong
bb113

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 10:26:08 AM

Yea... the problem arises when you get a ticket for gunning through a yellow because someone is tailgating you and the yellow is at or below the minimum duration. Or something like making a right on red while cars coming from the direction you are turning have the arrow to make a left (it makes sense if you imagine it). Most people who get these tickets are not going twice the speed limit. There is no evidence these things save lives or prevent accidents or anything like that. The primary purpose is revenue generation.
farfiman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 02:28:40 PM

The fix for traffic problems is fully automated vehicles and it can not come soon enough in my opinion.

and then the government will tell you where and  when you can travel....
( is there any doubt that when there will be automated cars that they wont be connected to
some fed system? )

Martin Armstrong
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 02:33:08 PM

The fix for traffic problems is fully automated vehicles and it can not come soon enough in my opinion.

( is there any doubt that when there will be automated cars that they wont be connected to
some fed system? )

You'll know that's starting when they come and confiscate your tinfoil hat.  Best hide a spare one under the carpet.
farfiman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 04:20:39 PM

some fed system? )

You'll know that's starting when they come and confiscate your tinfoil hat.  Best hide a spare one under the carpet.

I understand what you are saying , but I was kinda serious.  Automated cars would probably be connected to a network to avoid congestion or report an accident (maybe a car hits a cow....) . If there is a network someone runs it.
Homeland Security Law would let the authorities have a connection to that for "times of crises". They already
have connections to everything across the country.

Martin Armstrong
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 04:27:44 PM

...snip...

I understand what you are saying , but I was kinda serious.  Automated cars would probably be connected to a network to avoid congestion or report an accident (maybe a car hits a cow....) . If there is a network someone runs it.
Homeland Security Law would let the authorities have a connection to that for "times of crises". They already

As long as they don't insist on you visiting the mother-in-law on Sundays and have a vehicle turn up expectantly to take you there...its all good Tongue
Joshwaa

Activity: 497

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 04:33:12 PM

...snip...

As long as they don't insist on you visiting the mother-in-law on Sundays and have a vehicle turn up expectantly to take you there...its all good Tongue

LOL totally agree.

Like what I said : 1JosHWaA2GywdZo9pmGLNJ5XSt8j7nzNiF
Don't like what I said : 1FuckU1u89U9nBKQu4rCHz16uF4RhpSTV
farfiman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 05:40:07 PM

...snip...

Wife is MUCH stronger than government.

Martin Armstrong
bb113

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 11:09:24 PM

So the other day I got rear ended. Somehow this resulted in my state sticker falling off the plate. So my car is registered but has an old sticker (from like 5 years ago) showing. I didn't realize this until a few weeks later when I went outside to find a ticket ($50) on my car for expired plates. So I take the ticket inside and figure I will mail them a copy of my registration and all will be fine. Then the next day there is another ticket sitting there. At this point I started keeping my registration in the window which seems to have stopped the tickets.

Anyway, I mail in a copy of my registration and an explanation with the two tickets. A month later, I receive back, in the same envelope, two letters. One stating that the "violation did not occur" and another stating that I need to pay, from two different judges. To appeal I need to file a suit against the city which requires paying the state mandated filing fee, which is $65.
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 01:17:34 AM

Sam

Not really. I believe myself to but a VERY law abiding person, but some days i just wish i had the
guts to be a vigilante . The punishments i see that criminals get just make me laugh. How can
an evil person be deterred from committing another crime when it's just WORTHWHILE...

Just as an example... we have drivers that get ticket after ticket for speeding, running red lights
and they get a fine..A FINE after the 3rd , 4th  , 10th time....  just take away there damn driving license!
but no... that will be too much , poor guy.. how will he get to work? Isn't there a limit to a persons liberties?

Nobody is held accountable for their actions anymore.  That is a huge problem of our time.  Don't know what to do about it offhand.  I don't think being a vigilante would be the correct course though, and I'm pretty sure your not promoting that.  We do have the due process of law in the United States.  It's not a perfect system but it has worked pretty good in the past when the legal system would hold people accountable for their actions.
Sam

Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 09:26:26 AM

So the other day I got rear ended. Somehow this resulted in my state sticker falling off the plate. So my car is registered but has an old sticker (from like 5 years ago) showing. I didn't realize this until a few weeks later when I went outside to find a ticket ($50) on my car for expired plates. So I take the ticket inside and figure I will mail them a copy of my registration and all will be fine. Then the next day there is another ticket sitting there. At this point I started keeping my registration in the window which seems to have stopped the tickets.

Anyway, I mail in a copy of my registration and an explanation with the two tickets. A month later, I receive back, in the same envelope, two letters. One stating that the "violation did not occur" and another stating that I need to pay, from two different judges. To appeal I need to file a suit against the city which requires paying the state mandated filing fee, which is $65.

lol.  I shouldn't laugh as I have an arrest warrant out for me in MA for something similiar.  I wrote to the police and the court from England with proof that I had attended the hearing they said I missed.  I even enclosed a copy of the judgement.  Cambridge police replied acknowledging the fact.  But they never removed the warrant. 
farfiman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 11:24:19 AM

lol.  I shouldn't laugh as I have an arrest warrant out for me in MA for something similiar.  I wrote to the police and the court from England with proof that I had attended the hearing they said I missed.  I even enclosed a copy of the judgement.  Cambridge police replied acknowledging the fact.  But they never removed the warrant. 

Nothing really evil in those 2 stories... just stupid bureaucracy - but I admit , those kind of things can be maddning
and ruin anyone's day

Martin Armstrong
pirate1

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 05:32:39 PM

Actually, I think that it has got worse in the last twenty years or so.  Greed is one of the seven cardinal sins and years ago it was not something that people bragged about.  It is pretty hypocritical to see a professed "Christian" talking about how greed is good.  On the other hand, these days I see preachers saying things that no one could have imagined them saying twenty years ago.  I still believe that the vast majority of people are good and that it is only a small minority that seeks to take advantage over others.  That small minority just has a lot better press corps than it used to have.  The income inequality in our society has become way more pronounced than at any time since the twenties and thirties.  Oh well, hopefully it will all be getting better.  I think people are finally getting fed up with the rich and corporations running everything and running roughshod over everyone else.  No matter what they try to make people believe, people do count and compassion and caring for others is a key component of our society and most of us want to keep it that way.  This is my first post out of the Newby area.  I wanted to check and make sure I could make a post so here it is.  In regard to the subject of things getting worse, I always say, "As long as I wake up breathing it's all a bonus.  Sometimes not much of a bonus but still a bonus."

As long as I wake up breathing it's all a bonus.  Sometimes not much of a bonus but still a bonus.
farfiman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 05:53:08 PM

Welcome out of newbie land...   nice post.
Finally somebody agrees with me that it IS getting worse.
Do we have the power to effect the "evil" minority ?
Do people become more greedy and selfish because they feel its the only way to go up
in the world we have today?

Martin Armstrong
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 06:06:23 PM

Actually, I think that it has got worse in the last twenty years or so.  Greed is one of the seven cardinal sins and years ago it was not something that people bragged about.  It is pretty hypocritical to see a professed "Christian" talking about how greed is good.  On the other hand, these days I see preachers saying things that no one could have imagined them saying twenty years ago.  I still believe that the vast majority of people are good and that it is only a small minority that seeks to take advantage over others.  That small minority just has a lot better press corps than it used to have.  The income inequality in our society has become way more pronounced than at any time since the twenties and thirties.  Oh well, hopefully it will all be getting better.  I think people are finally getting fed up with the rich and corporations running everything and running roughshod over everyone else.  No matter what they try to make people believe, people do count and compassion and caring for others is a key component of our society and most of us want to keep it that way.  This is my first post out of the Newby area.  I wanted to check and make sure I could make a post so here it is.  In regard to the subject of things getting worse, I always say, "As long as I wake up breathing it's all a bonus.  Sometimes not much of a bonus but still a bonus."

Welcome Smiley

Great first post too. 
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: