Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:14:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Some Help - Difficulty / Coin rate etc  (Read 561 times)
rancore (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 03:58:31 PM

So I have been through every calculator and spreadsheet and gadget and crystal ball I could find.

This is what I got:

120TH/s for US$200,000 for the next 6 months starting now

I need some input into what can go wrong over the next 6 month. Costs to operate are fixed which I will just deduct. It's the imprecise and guesswork on difficulty that is concerning me. As of today using every calculator based on today's rate things should be quite healthy. So exactly how many coins will be achieved between now and 6 months - using existing difficulty calculations anyone's secret ones, mythical ones, all of them.

- coins I can hang onto if necessary
- operational costs can be deducted at any time

How many coins can I produce considering the array of difficulty formulas and guesswork involved in that.

Thanks.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:47:45 PM

Do you already have the following?

- a warehouse
- cooling
- maintenance staff
- racks/parts
- controllers/internet
- electricity

If you can get all that and 120th/s worth of hardware for $200,000 I'd say it might be possible to turn a profit.

But it would probably be much easier and more profitable (%) to just go with a cheap 1-2th garage farm costing ~$1.5/gh.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: