Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:21:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have something to spare, who do I send it to (2150 BTC)?  (Read 2037 times)
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:09:37 PM

If you're looking for donation ideas, I know a retired, older gentleman in dire need of financial assistance to a recent series of strokes.

You could also make my friggin' year by sending 22 BTC that I lost on a defaulted loan :\

Or...

1)  Invest a few hundred BTC's and start a Groupon-like business for Bitcoin.
2)  Cashout 5-10% and invest in high-yield dividend stocks and retirement funds.
3)  Invest another 100-200 BTCs and buy a rental property or two.  Fix 'em up and lease them out for a nice stream of subsidiary income.
4)  Buy a few intrinsically-valuable pleasure items.  For myself, I would buy either a new car since I spend 3-5 hours per day in one, or maybe a room full of new music equipment.  Identify some ways to spend a little money to significantly improve your quality of life.
5)  Donate to a person/group in need; there are tons to choose from.
6)  Cash out 10-20% to diversify and stay liquid.
7)  Create a nice cold-storage nest egg for yourself.

Option 4 gives you a 10% ROI assuming almost nothing goes wrong and you don't have to fix anything in the building ever.

Option 7 is just straight up retarded. It cost $5 for a VPS. 2x VPSes with rsync running as a cron job. Done. Maybe amazon glacier if he wants to backup his data long term.

Saying option 7 is retarded is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.  Paper wallets and physical coins exist for a reason, and it isn't a retarded one.

And I think you meant option 3 not option 4 when referring to 10% ROI.

Yes, I did mean option 3. And option 7 is really stupid. You're trusting a cloud provider with a private address that contains over a million dollars. All it takes is one security breach, and bye bye cash.

Sure, you can encrypt it, but if you can memorize a long passkey, you can just create a mind-wallet and store that information in your head. Honestly, you're better off creating a copy of the public / private key and sticking it in a bank vault (paper key), rather than storing stuff online.

bluefirecorp
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:11:13 PM

I'd sell you a 2x large pizzas. But sadly, you don't have enough, going rate is 10k BTC.  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin Magazine (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:17:28 PM

I'd sell you a 2x large pizzas. But sadly, you don't have enough, going rate is 10k BTC.  Roll Eyes

so rather than a currency balanced by $20t Zimbabwe notes?  are u crazy
u just gonna eat away a half million $$???   Tongue

i am here.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:26:34 PM

it's funny because the people who try to get something out of the OP know it's most likely bullshit but they give him their wallet address anyways. they're that desperate  Cheesy
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:26:50 PM

If you're looking for donation ideas, I know a retired, older gentleman in dire need of financial assistance to a recent series of strokes.

You could also make my friggin' year by sending 22 BTC that I lost on a defaulted loan :\

Or...

2)  Cashout 5-10% and invest in high-yield dividend stocks and retirement funds.
3)  Invest another 100-200 BTCs and buy a rental property or two.  Fix 'em up and lease them out for a nice stream of subsidiary income.
4)  Buy a few intrinsically-valuable pleasure items.  For myself, I would buy either a new car since I spend 3-5 hours per day in one, or maybe a room full of new music equipment.  Identify some ways to spend a little money to significantly improve your quality of life.

Option 4 gives you a 10% ROI assuming almost nothing goes wrong and you don't have to fix anything in the building ever.

Option 7 is just straight up retarded. It cost $5 for a VPS. 2x VPSes with rsync running as a cron job. Done. Maybe amazon glacier if he wants to backup his data long term.

Saying option 7 is retarded is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.  Paper wallets and physical coins exist for a reason, and it isn't a retarded one.

Yes, I did mean option 3. And option 7 is really stupid. You're trusting a cloud provider with a private address that contains over a million dollars. All it takes is one security breach, and bye bye cash.

Sure, you can encrypt it, but if you can memorize a long passkey, you can just create a mind-wallet and store that information in your head. Honestly, you're better off creating a copy of the public / private key and sticking it in a bank vault (paper key), rather than storing stuff online.

Uh, what part of "cold-storage" do you think involves storing BTCs online or trusting a 3rd-party service provider?

Do you have any idea what you responded to?
Bitcoin Magazine (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:34:19 PM

what part of $10,000,000 Obama bill don't u understand

i am here.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:46:41 PM

what is this obama bill, free socialized pizza for the lazy poor?
Bitcoin Magazine (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:51:42 PM

what is this obama bill, free socialized pizza for the lazy poor?

no, in the tradition of Nixon and other presidents, we will have virtual bills.  but they are just souls with no names.

i am here.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:16:02 PM

Or...

Uh, what part of "cold-storage" do you think involves storing BTCs online or trusting a 3rd-party service provider?

Do you have any idea what you responded to?

Oh my god, I read it as cloud-storage. I formally apologize. You're 100% correct there.

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:36:22 PM

I don't understand 100% of this question.

Edit: @bluefirecorp  No worries Smiley It happens.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:45:47 PM

Hey where did that BTC650 go? I tell you were it didn't go. My wallet! Tongue

See? https://blockchain.info/address/1MXveCYn8zS31r98JkSJHewfgPtVwY4DL9 nothing there! Wink
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:40:25 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 01:32:50 AM by ManeBjorn

That is a large chunk of Bitcoin.
If you are really going to give it away donate to helping children somewhere and help some animals.

I know if I was given any of it I would put some towards my 1 1/2 yr old daughter's college fund.  Then I would pay off some of the medical bills that have been building up from my spinal surgeries.  I am going to find out on Thurs the 29th finally when my next surgery is.  It will be my 3rd surgery on it in 2 yrs.  

I am gad you have that much Bitcoin, congratulations.  That is great they are releasing your coins back to you.

It is not often that the government gets something right.

Enjoy them no matter what you do.  Grin

roller24

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:43:23 AM

Bitcoins for Charity

send them here and let me know which school you want the computers to be donated.

KonstantinosM

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:53:23 AM

I'm an atheist. For every 10 BTC you send to me I will hold back from dispelling nonsensical religious arguments for 24 Hours.

1KVu26gEeox75AontirmywHqYEcTVhiLtK

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
Bitcoin Magazine (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:30:52 AM

I'm an atheist. For every 10 BTC you send to me I will hold back from dispelling nonsensical religious arguments for 24 Hours.

only if u support PETA (people for the public execution of animals)

i am here.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:33:47 AM

I thought PETA stood for People Eating Tasty Animals?Huh

only if u support PETA (people for the public execution of animals)

williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 01:36:49 AM

Superbowl TV show. DO IT NOW!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
bluefirecorp
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:39:14 AM

Hey, I just noticed this -- where's my free copy of my bitcoin magazine. I won it somehow, and was never asked for my address. ._.

This happened back in 2011 / 2012, but still, where's my copy?

williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 01:40:10 AM

Wallet address or it didn't happen

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
trashymonkey

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:57:55 AM

Who is this guy, and is he for real?

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, this just seems like a really big thing to be claiming.

Like Manna from the Heavens, it came from GOD directly, the *highest* source.  how much should I spend and where should I spend it?

Want ot start a Jesus fund? 

No offence OP, but you sound like one of those crazy guys that preaches on street corners and such.

If you really do have that, consider blessing me with 1.6 bitcoins (amount I just lost) at 14DCuqKaamuhTikTJDBM789AFFaXm2fX9K  and I will seriously reconsider my belief system.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: