Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:15:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Charles: 'Fundamental transformation' of capitalism needed to tackle ...  (Read 997 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:51:13 AM

Wait for it

Climate change Roll Eyes
Prince Charles has called for an end to capitalism as we know it in order to save the planet from global warming.

In a speech to business leaders in London, the Prince said that a “fundamental transformation of global capitalism” was necessary in order to halt “dangerously accelerating climate change” that would “bring us to our own destruction”.

He called for companies to focus on “approaches that achieve lasting and meaningful returns” by protecting the environment, improving their employment practices and helping the vulnerable to develop a new "inclusive capitalism".

The Prince was taking part in his first major UK public engagement since sparking a diplomatic row last week by likening the behaviour of Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, to Adolf Hitler.

In a politically-charged speech at the Inclusive Capitalism conference, the Prince said: “I remember when the Iron Curtain came down there was a certain amount of shouting about the triumph of capitalism over communism. Being somewhat contrary, I didn't think it was quite as simple as that. I felt that unless the business world considered the social, community and environmental dimensions, we might end up coming full circle.”
Cont...http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-charles/10859230/Prince-Charles-reform-capitalism-to-save-the-planet.html
Do you UK people really take your royal family seriously or care about what they say? I mean, when ya got nothing else to go on you can always bring up fucking climate change to make some headlines. What does he think he's the next Pope issuing retarded proclamations like that? He obviously doesn't understand what he's talking about regarding 'inclusive capitalism' because it's collusion w/ government that has created this crony corporatism labelled inclusive capitalism. If there's one thing that I just won't stand for is for idgits to make any reference to capitalism when condemning the corporatist agenda that is fostered by the incestuous relationship between govt and big business. Regulations are passed to benefit the big shots at the expense of the masses and small business who operates under the manipulated system. In lieu of regulations at times, these corporatists get outright no bid contracts from their friends in government. It's all these policies combined that stifle market conditions that have starved the next generation of their opportunity to join the upper class. Just another flavor in the welfare cone

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:59:54 AM

Capitalism is the nemesis of Monarchy...

bl4kjaguar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 01:50:44 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 02:01:59 AM by bl4kjaguar

The Monarchy, which is merely the glove on the hand of the Vatican, is not accountable with regards to any of these issues.

A strong leader will take responsibility, but the Monarchy's theme is plausible deniability.

PEOPLE are doing evil, while companies must comply with the political environment.

The global politic must change, but the Monarchy detests change.

There are crimes against humanity taking place right across the street from this guy's residence.

1CuUwTT21yZmZvNmmYYhsiVocczmAomSVa
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:04:24 AM

Climate change. Yeah put that beside how the Earth is so overpopulated that we have to introduce rampant Malthusianism (Read: Eugenics) to combat it. Whatever happened to the days when saving on your electric bill was incentive enough to buy a more efficient light bulb.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:33:16 AM

The fact that we still have "royals" in a western country is pathetic. The British monarchy is like a bad Kardashian show that has been on way to long.

I am so tired of the political aristocracy in the west.   

5flags

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 07:16:11 AM

The fact that we still have "royals" in a western country is pathetic. The British monarchy is like a bad Kardashian show that has been on way to long.

I am so tired of the political aristocracy in the west.   

One fact you're overlooking - Prince Philip is hilarious!

http://5fla.gs - @5flags on Twitter
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:01:36 AM

After the Climategate the "manmade global warming" fearmongers were hiding under the rocks and kept a low profile, but nowadays they crawling out from their hideouts and spreading crap again.
murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:15:31 AM

The Monarchy, which is merely the glove on the hand of the Vatican, is not accountable with regards to any of these issues.

You do realise that the British Monarch is not just Protestant, but the head of the Anglican faith?
Not exactly hand in glove with the Pope.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
Charlie Prime

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:33:55 PM

You do realise that the British Monarch is not just Protestant, but the head of the Anglican faith?

You do realize that all major religions are nothing but cattle management programs?

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
Become part of the mining family
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:10:58 PM

You do realize that all major religions are nothing but cattle management programs?

What does that have to do with the silllyness of the post I responded to?
The Monarchy, which is merely the glove on the hand of the Vatican

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 03:12:19 PM

What the fuck?!

Prince Charles has called for an end to capitalism as we know it in order to save the planet from global warming.

What does capitalism have to do with fucking global warming?
Charlie Prime

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:37:49 PM

What does that have to do with the silllyness of the post I responded to?

They work together.  They have for thousands of years. 

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
Become part of the mining family
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Prince Charles seems to have lost his mental balance completely. It is becoming increasingly evident, as seen from his recent public outings. His Putin-Hitler comparison is just another one in a series of PR disasters.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:39:39 PM

Prince Charles seems to have lost his mental balance completely. It is becoming increasingly evident, as seen from his recent public outings. His Putin-Hitler comparison is just another one in a series of PR disasters.

There have been a lot of Hitlers since WW2, Saddam was a Hitler, Ghadaffi, Assad, Ahmejhinidad (spelling?), Charlton Heston, Bush2, Putin and so on. The Hitler meme is kind of losing its impact.   

bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:57:46 PM

There have been a lot of Hitlers since WW2, Saddam was a Hitler, Ghadaffi, Assad, Ahmejhinidad (spelling?), Charlton Heston, Bush2, Putin and so on. The Hitler meme is kind of losing its impact.   

Ahmadinejad

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:20:23 PM

I think I can understand the frustration being felt by Prince Charles. It ids really hard, to be called a Prince at the age of 65. How much longer he will have to wait, to become the king?  Grin

And some people are already mocking him.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/i-do-not-want-my-son-to-wither-waiting-like-prince-charles-spains-king-abdicated-to-avoid-son-growing-old-like-prince-of-wales-9508985.html
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:28:49 PM

Ahmadinejad

Many thanks! That guy really needs a nickname.

Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:31:05 PM

I think I can understand the frustration being felt by Prince Charles. It ids really hard, to be called a Prince at the age of 65. How much longer he will have to wait, to become the king?  Grin

And some people are already mocking him.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/i-do-not-want-my-son-to-wither-waiting-like-prince-charles-spains-king-abdicated-to-avoid-son-growing-old-like-prince-of-wales-9508985.html

It has to be tough also to know deep down that you are totally irrelevant and a drain on your country simply because you were lucky enough to be born into the right family.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:34:35 PM

It has to be tough also to know deep down that you are totally irrelevant and a drain on your country simply because you were lucky enough to be born into the right family.

lol... I knew this guy was full of shit, when he decided to dump Princess Diana for Camilla Parker Bowles.

Charlie Prime

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:32:18 PM

...when he decided to dump kill Princess Diana

Fixed it for ya.   Wink

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██