Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:32:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stock trader joining bitcoin. Targets and projections.  (Read 2411 times)
BTCtrader71

Activity: 784
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:24:52 AM

I can't see into the indefinite future, but I think continuation for the next 2-4 years is as good of a guess as any other. This is based on back-of-the-envelope valuations of $ 500 K - $1 M that are found elsewhere in this forum.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArD8rjI3DD1WdFIzNDFMeEhVSzhwcEVXZDVzdVpGU2c#gid=1

I think we're going to have a sharp rise once big news comes out (say the eBay/PP thing) and that may create its own curve separate from what we've been dealing with. There are a lot of positive things in the works right now. I just think we may hit our short-term cap shorter than we think (ie. hitting 5k within a year and then being stuck there for a few years).
Near-term good news events like integrations of bitcoin into eBay / Paypal, assuming that sort of thing occurs (and I think it's inevitable), should not be considered outside or "separate" from the logistic model. They are just dominos lined up and waiting to fall, according to a model where each domino knocks down two more (yielding a doubling time of 90-100 days). And there are still a LOT of dominos left standing, more than anyone will reach within 2 years at the rate we're going.

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:59:10 AM

I can't see into the indefinite future, but I think continuation for the next 2-4 years is as good of a guess as any other. This is based on back-of-the-envelope valuations of $ 500 K - $1 M that are found elsewhere in this forum.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArD8rjI3DD1WdFIzNDFMeEhVSzhwcEVXZDVzdVpGU2c#gid=1

I think we're going to have a sharp rise once big news comes out (say the eBay/PP thing) and that may create its own curve separate from what we've been dealing with. There are a lot of positive things in the works right now. I just think we may hit our short-term cap shorter than we think (ie. hitting 5k within a year and then being stuck there for a few years).
Near-term good news events like integrations of bitcoin into eBay / Paypal, assuming that sort of thing occurs (and I think it's inevitable), should not be considered outside or "separate" from the logistic model. They are just dominos lined up and waiting to fall, according to a model where each domino knocks down two more (yielding a doubling time of 90-100 days). And there are still a LOT of dominos left standing, more than anyone will reach within 2 years at the rate we're going.

We went almost $30 a day for 5 days before stalling.  As long as we keep getting ≈$150/week in June, it's looking like a bubble.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
ibankbitcoins (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 04:03:07 AM

The issue is thinking that this trend is going to continue at the same rate, which just isn't sustainable. There's no telling how long it will last, but it won't be indefinite.

That is like saying, you will eventually die. You just don't know when. lol.
btc-owl

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:29:58 PM

When do you estimate PP or eBay will make any announcements?
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:43:00 PM

When the patent on their electronic payment system goes through  Grin
ibankbitcoins (OP)

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 05:14:03 PM

610 target hit, right on the money. Now let see where the market takes us. I am guessing upupup!
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:43:19 AM

When the patent on their electronic payment system goes through  Grin

Done ...NEXT Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: