Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:20:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US trains Syrian rebels in Qatar  (Read 2240 times)
Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 07:23:40 AM

US trains Syrian rebels in Qatar to ‘ambush' soldiers and 'finish off' the wounded – report
http://rt.com/news/161820-us-trains-syrian-rebels/

At a secret base in Qatar, the US military is training rebels to raid Syrian government troops and vehicles, as well as to “finish off the soldiers still alive after an ambush,” first-hand interviews in a Frontline documentary have revealed.

The documentary, scheduled to air Tuesday night on PBS stations, offers rare insight into how Washington is fostering the armed insurgency against Syrian President Bashar Assad.

In related news, Russia is going to give Syria €240 million donation for social needs and rebuilding.
http://www.bfm.ru/news/259493

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:25:40 AM

so how do people around here feel about this? i know most here hate the government's involvement in wars.. but what if the assad is just a really bad dude who doesn't care for human life?
Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 07:29:44 AM

I only followed the beginning of the Syrian war, which looked identical to the Tunis/Libya/Egypt destabilisation operations.
There lived (lives) a large Russian community in Syria, and reports from them was that the conflict was imported, that residents were actually looking to the army for protection from the attacks, hoping for a quick resolution.

I don't know where it all spiralled to nowadays...

(Speaking of Libya)

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
beetcoin

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:52:00 AM

i don't know what's going on in syria anymore either.. our news/media outlets don't really do a good job keeping up with it. probably because they want to cover the things that people truly care about, like what new hairstyle jennifer lawrence has.

dadugan

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:16:11 AM

Asymmetric information warfare at played as well.

The goal is to confuse the population long enough to achieve the objective.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:37:18 AM

They did the same in Afghanistan back in the eighties. It's always good to have a bunch of terrorists on your paylist if you have to secure some oil/gas fields, pipelines or blow up something for restrict the rights of your own citizens and silence your opposition.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:45:58 AM

I'm not surprised. U.S Also supported Bin Laden back in the days. When he refused to take orders from U.S, he was eliminated as quickly as possible, or maybe got a new identity, we never saw the body.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:01:27 PM

Whether knowingly or unknowingly, the US is training dozens of fighters affiliated with the ISIS. I agree with sana8410 and Snail2. What happened in Afghanistan is going to be repeated in Syria.
validium

Activity: 350

Decentralized thinking

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:47:29 PM

What happened in Afghanistan is going to be repeated in Syria.

True its only a matter of time.

i don't know what's going on in syria anymore either.. our news/media outlets don't really do a good job keeping up with it. probably because they want to cover the things that people truly care about, like what new hairstyle jennifer lawrence has.

Thats why i stick with RT dont expect cnn or bbc to post anything about the syrian war.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:40:22 PM

Thats why i stick with RT dont expect cnn or bbc to post anything about the syrian war.

A few months ago, when the rebels appeared to be winning the battle against Assad's forces, the BBC and CNN were covering the events 24 x 7. But now, the pro-NATO forces have suffered a series of setbacks. The FSA and ISIS have been confined to parts of Damascus and some remote pockets in the East. And that explains the increased coverage by RT.  Grin
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 08:21:46 PM

This might just be  a conspiracy theory.  You can never fully trust media sources, you'll have to check and see for yourself. Although it is a luxury to have a freedom of media, this can be abused. We have seen this multiple times already.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:27:02 PM

I saw that episode last night. Very well done and researched. The new part was about the TOW training. That has been rumored for a while, but this is the first real report from the area.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
beetcoin

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:28:28 PM

True its only a matter of time.

these days, i don't even have CNN or any news network anymore. i get my news mainly from the daily show and reddit.. it's much more honest news that is interested in the important world events.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:15:53 AM

these days, i don't even have CNN or any news network anymore. i get my news mainly from the daily show and reddit.. it's much more honest news that is interested in the important world events.

It is true that the puppet news channels (such as the BBC and the CNN) are losing viewership all around the world, with the rise of more neutral media such as Russia Today and Al Jazeera. Also, social media such as reddit is getting more and more important now.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:21:11 AM

It is true that the puppet news channels (such as the BBC and the CNN) are losing viewership all around the world, with the rise of more neutral media such as Russia Today and Al Jazeera. Also, social media such as reddit is getting more and more important now.

The internet has really democratized information. I am old enough to remember only getting news about the world from the big three networks and the AP. Now we have the ability to talk to people all around the world and avoid the filtering. Bloggers and social media are filling the watchdog role that the traditional media sources abandoned long ago. 

Charlie Prime

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:26:08 PM

No.  Syria has an organized modern military, strong nationalism, and friends.  Afghanistan did not.

The U.S. military is specifically designed to soak taxpayers, not fight wars.

During the last 40 years it has consistently excelled at the former, and failed at the later.

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
Become part of the mining family
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:42:02 PM

The U.S. military is specifically designed to soak taxpayers, not fight wars.

The US military budget is more than $600 billion per year, while the number of households in the US is around 75 million. So every household contributes around $8,000 towards the American war machine.
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:56:08 PM

geopolitical interest of both the US and Russia are on the line, Syria is one of the only Russian allies and big customer in the region and the US want them out and want to put a puppet leader to control the country, and the big loser here sadly is the Syrian population .....
beetcoin

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:03:27 PM

geopolitical interest of both the US and Russia are on the line, Syria is one of the only Russian allies and big customer in the region and the US want them out and want to put a puppet leader to control the country, and the big loser here sadly is the Syrian population .....

that's basically the american business model for the middle east. come in, conquer, set up one of your guys, and the exploit the shit out of the people. i don't support terrorism, but this is part of the reason why there are so many radical extremists who are hell-bent on bombing us. seems like there are generally more muslim kooks than your average religious people, but i bet a lot of the al queda sympathizers are just people who have had their families blown to bits.
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:19:44 PM

Putin did what was right for balance of power worldwide.Russia naval base is in crimea and there is no way that was gonna go.the plan all along was to weaken russia. i hope that trde between china Asia and Russia grows.just to spite those silly european antics called sanctions.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: