Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:46:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Linux - GPU Temperature - 2nd and 3rd sensor  (Read 2268 times)
_Vince_ (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 04:29:51 PM

I have a question that would like for your comments

With GPU-Z we can get GPU's temperature information from 2nd and 3rd sensor; to my observation the 2nd and 3rd sensor always indicates around 5-7 degree hotter than the 1st sensor.

With Linux, how can we do that? I mean getting the additional information the 2nd and 3rd sensor

And the sensor which is reported by "aticonfig --odgt" is also the first sensor listed in GPU-Z? Or it is the 2nd or 3rd? Googled for several hours but I could not find anything useful.

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 04:34:19 PM

odgt shows what is available at driver level which is the average (possibly weighted) of all 3 values.

The chip has 3 temp probes.  The chip feeds data to the board which is used by the bios to adjust fans, engage thermal throttling, etc.  The driver pulls that data and reports it as a single value.

Software which gets all 3 values (and VRM values, and host of other great data from the bios that AMD feels is "unimportant") do it by querying the board at a low level  not using the drivers.

Sadly AMD attitude has always been lets abstract stuff away via the drivers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: