Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:44:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGOX Missing money! ??? ??? ???  (Read 1906 times)
dmtdoodeelsd (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 05:58:19 PM

I recently made a transfer of some GBP through MTgox, on the 24/01.
Until now there has been NO money gone into my home bank account.
Mt.Gox has said "the funds have been credited and reached my account".
NO RECORD AT ALL AT MY BANK - I have phoned my bank twice to confirm, it now being TEN business days since the transfer.
What a joke this company is.

My bank details were all entered correctly.
I've asked for them to move the funds back to MT.gox where I can but BTC and get all my money out from their accounts, no reply.
What a company, won't be using again.

Any advice?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
qualalol

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 07:06:02 PM

On a related note, I transferred £20 to my mtgox account yesterday morning, and it still hasn't appeared, which is slightly dubious, given that UK bank transfers take 2 hours... for comparison, Intersango took 2 hours (on a Sunday evening) to credit my transfer to my account.

Can't really give any advice, but it does seem that MtGox customer service has occasionally been receiving poor reports in the forums...
dmtdoodeelsd (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 08:56:49 PM

Yeh I've heard that too. Mine was a little more than £20 though  Shocked Sad
digital-reality

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2012, 12:26:23 AM

You never know what your getting yourself into using third party organizations to manage your money. Aside from them claiming that the credit was processed and not actually having processed it they can also at any time liquidate and take your assets. I generally take a hit on processing fees and manage my transactions in smaller denominations but at least I know where my money is. Take a look at why banks in Second Life were banned.
anonymous5050

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 01:42:17 AM

Intersango exchange is a no-brainer for transacting with GBP.
Wandering Albatross

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 02:31:37 AM

Bitcoin is a gray market, gray markets mean lots of risk. Govts still not even catching up to bitcoin. If mtgox is a bank then take your complaint to your banking regulators.

BTC: 1JgPAC8RVeh7RXqzmeL8xt3fvYahRXL3fP
bitflower

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 03:21:50 AM

Hello,

We apologize for the issue you are having. Please let us know your ticket number or contact us at https://mtgox.com/contact-us with details, so we can investigate for you.
Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 04:08:24 AM

Yeah I also lost about 7ish USD.
Hannah

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 11:33:45 AM

On a related note, I transferred £20 to my mtgox account yesterday morning, and it still hasn't appeared, which is slightly dubious, given that UK bank transfers take 2 hours... for comparison, Intersango took 2 hours (on a Sunday evening) to credit my transfer to my account.

Can't really give any advice, but it does seem that MtGox customer service has occasionally been receiving poor reports in the forums...

Intersango exchange is a no-brainer for transacting with GBP.

I am having a terrible time trying to withdrawal GBP from Intersango atm, I requested on sunday last, now tuesday, whereas it should take under 2 hours via internet banking 'faster transfer' in the UK & they bank with lloyds as I do - how hard can that be, plus all I'm getting from them is auto replies & the site says withdrawal being processed which it has been for over a day, will update on any progress   Angry
Hannah

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 04:51:39 PM

finally a reply, but no indication of when I may actually receive my funds  Cry

Hi,

first let me say sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Lloyds online banking is essentially broken, we have received so many transactions so quickly that their system is incapable of returning our current transactions list.

We're trying to get this fixed but this essentially means sending funds is on hold.

Sending funds is a multiple step process which consistently fails.

However, receiving funds requires their systems to work only for a single request.

We're currently exploring other banking options as the outages from Lloyds are simply unacceptable.

Again sorry for the delay.

Patrick
qualalol

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 06:38:59 PM

My GBP transfer to MtGox finally arrived, it took about 36 hours compared to Intersangos 2, meaning I missed a perfect opportunity to make about 10% profit that day... In other words they were just incredibly slow.
Hannah

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 05:36:31 PM

My GBP transfer to MtGox finally arrived, it took about 36 hours compared to Intersangos 2 3 days & still waiting to get my GBP out, meaning I missed a perfect opportunity to make about 10% profit that day... In other words they were just incredibly slow, but at the speed of light compared to Interbloodysango.

FTFY
Hannah

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 12:17:33 AM

after more than 3 days Intersango finally have released my funds now or persuaded their bank to do so, not that they bothered to tell me even though I had asked them too
Cerevisae

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 11:49:04 AM

I have not made any MtGox transaction before. But your issue just make me rethink if there is any reliable Bitcoin exchanger out there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: