Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:40:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CARBON] Development Timeline: 0.9.1 ->ACP ->Android wallet ->mining end  (Read 14382 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
axismundi (OP)

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 11:16:03 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 10:57:37 PM by axismundi

Here follows the development plan for Carboncoin, the first cryptocurrency to have a measurably positive effect on the planet and the environment.

We completed the rebranding competition, with the new design featured in the new clients available by following the links below.

CARB has now been changed to CARBON in the new clients.

Step 1: Rollover to 0.9.1    Completed but took quite a bit longer than we had hoped, so below dates are revised as beginning of July 2014

Mac and Windows wallets are out now please download from new website www.carboncoin.cc
             and come and join us on our new forum at carbon-co.in

2: Implementation of custom 51% protection  (to launch mid August 2014)

Autocheckpointing with our own special features to ensure maximum security and stability

3: Android Wallet launch (Ongoing, has a 3 day lead time as soon as we are ready)

4: End of public mining/conversion to more-efficient-than-proof-of-stake protocol(specified)      (From the 3rd "halving" just after block 150000, mid-late August)

This coincides with the fundraising deadline (time to order saplings) for the 2014 forestry planting        

Anyone considering investment please feel free to ask any questions regarding technical aspects of the coin here. Due to commercially sensitive nature of

some of the improvements and our limited development resources, we may not be able to answer all questions immediately, but all improvements will be

broadcast as part of the source code at, or soon after, time of update.

Aside: There is currently a member of the community, not on this forum, offering 1% of the total circulation of the Carboncoin ever, 160M CARB, to the

highest bidder. These are mined coins,  not as a result of any premine. Please PM offers in excess of 1.2BTC and note this is a buy and hold investment with

greatest returns expected after the end of mining (3-4 months) and subsequent fulfillment of our P.R. strategy and planned distribution.
gone

It is also recommended that you mine while you can!

This thread is an extension of the other Carboncoin threads on this forum, the main one can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=526031.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:31:22 AM

Hi.
 So far all i can see from source code is just another clone.
Could you please upload anything to new on to github repository? Just to prove your claims.
Doing so will surely benefit to your coin.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
sylwt

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:54:37 PM

watching
donglaidongwang1

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:57:51 PM

has any Innovation?
workminer

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:58:08 PM

watching
joywon

Activity: 292

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:17:07 PM

I will keep wathcing for the coin, good luck to all Grin
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 08:51:25 PM

Hi.
 So far all i can see from source code is just another clone.
Could you please upload anything to new on to github repository? Just to prove your claims.
Doing so will surely benefit to your coin.

Hi,

You will see our update to 0.9.1 next week and this should serve to prove that we are heading in the right direction as far as the above timeline. Originally this coin started our as just another clone at launch back in February, but we have taken it and reoriented it as a coin which will directly fund large scale environmental projects, which we have made the necessary arrangements for.

If you would like to contribute please contact me directly.

Our innovation will come in the final stage, at the end of mining, when we will be changing to a model which has the same stability as proof of work but the same security as proof of stake.

I believe that we will be one of a single digit number of coins who have 0.9.1 protocol with ACP implemented, before we make our final change.

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 08:52:28 PM

Thank you to all for your interest so far

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 06:47:29 AM

Please make sure if you are solo mining that you are mining from the updated source code https://github.com/carboncointrust/Carboncoin

ning_chang

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:29:36 PM

wow! great work AM!
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:59:04 PM

Great work AM, looking forward to the upcoming developments!

Grin
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:45:55 AM

tipbots, twitter,reddit and irc!!!!!  For facebook, which needs setting up!!!, there is  https://www.facebook.com/groups/MultiCoinTipping/  . Carb has to take social media seriously, like it or not it is essential!!!!!!!

also theres another large crypto forum which should be updated!  https://cryptocointalk.com/

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 07:25:58 AM

tipbots, twitter,reddit and irc!!!!!  For facebook, which needs setting up!!!, there is  https://www.facebook.com/groups/MultiCoinTipping/  . Carb has to take social media seriously, like it or not it is essential!!!!!!!

also theres another large crypto forum which should be updated!  https://cryptocointalk.com/

Twitter is very active obviously. Big campaign coming as soon as the next client update is deployed (content prepared).

Note: Experiencing some difficulties with compiling 0.9.1 - pushed to the beginning of next week

I will look into setting up on Cryptocointalk

A new Reddit is underway, we are just finalising details

5M Carboncoin bounty offered for set up and ongoing administration of Facebook page carrying new branding. If no one in the community comes forward within the week I shall do it myself.

Will be in touch with you to discuss whether we just start the new irc

What sort of bounty should we offer for a tipbot?

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 10:59:05 PM

Just updated the above after the delay we saw with the rollover to 0.9.1. Considerable progress has been made elsewhere also.

Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:02:14 PM

Go CARBON !!!!!! Smiley  Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:27:18 PM

When does PoW end and it goes PoS only?

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 07:03:46 PM

It doesn't ever become PoS, it does become more environmentally friendly than PoS. Just waiting on website revamp necessary for us to be media ready, then this forum will be fully updated. We are pushing for some completely unique security features currently with those expected to complete early in the new year.

Hopefully the BCT presence will be fully up to date within the next week. There has been a huge amount going on and a huge amount has been achieved particularly considering we have had no formal funding as yet. Holders of Carboncoin will not be disappointed, indeed most have been informed about developments first hand, anyone wishing for an early update that i don't speak to regularly can get me on info@carboncoin.cc

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: