Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:24:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Folding at home - turn your hash into new medicine  (Read 862 times)
Tweek (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 12:15:57 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 02:48:56 PM by Tweek

You probably have heard about the Folding At Home program from Stanford University once. It is a program where you can let computer calculate protein folding to research new medicine for diseases.

What does this have to do with Bit/Altcoin?
There is a new coin that combines the bitcoin protocol with the FAH program to reward people for their computing power they give to the program. This new program turns those wasted hashes and power consumption into something that benefits us all!

Great, and why do I care?
Profit! The FAH 'algorithm' has been sitting on the top of the profitability charts for more then a week. As an added bonus, the power usage and heat generation are less than 50% of scrypt! Even Nvidia users are welcome. Depending on the card you are running you can have anywhere from over 50% of an AMD's gpu efficiency to over 100% of the efficiency an AMD card can get. Development continues to even that playground and maximize every cards folding efficiency.

How does it work?
You install the folding software, choose a nickname and register at the pool. For more detailed information check the Curecoin topic.

Show me the proof!
You can find the calculator at CoinTweak.com or check the profitability overview to compare it to other coins.
Some general results:
R9 280x = 120-140k PPD
R9 290x = 150-170k PPD
GTX 670 = 65-75k PPD

Highest profitability, lowest power consumption and making the world a healthier place possibly saving your wife or kids in the future. Why wouldn't you start Folding for Curecoin?

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 12:33:52 PM

Love  www.CoinTweak.com <3

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
Tweek (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 01:00:51 PM

Thank you. Cheesy

Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:02:34 PM

You probably have heard about the Folding At Home program from Stanford University once. It is a program where you can let computer calculate protein folding to research new medicine for diseases.

What does this have to do with Bit/Altcoin?
There is a new coin that combines the bitcoin protocol with the FAH program to reward people for their computing power they give to the program. This new program turns those wasted hashes and power consumption into something that benefits us all!

Profit! The FAH 'algorithm' has been sitting on the top of the profitability charts for more then a week. As an added bonus, the power usage and heat generation are less than 50% of scrypt! Even Nvidia users are welcome with an efficiency of over 50% of AMD, and a continues development to even that playground.

How does it work?
You install the folding software, choose a nickname and register at the pool. For more detailed information check the Curecoin topic.

Show me the proof!
You can find the calculator at CoinTweak.com or check the profitability overview to compare it to other coins.
Some general results:
R9 280x = 120-140k PPD
R9 290x = 150-170k PPD
GTX 670 = 65-75k PPD

Highest profitability, lowest power consumption and making the world a healthier place possibly saving your wife or kids in the future. Why wouldn't you start Folding for Curecoin?
Just to correct you. It doesn't combine the bitcoin protocol with FAH, it's centralized in that standford send you curecoins based on your WU, curecoin is altogether just an altcoin based on SHA256.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:23:20 PM

Profit! The FAH 'algorithm' has been sitting on the top of the profitability charts for more then a week. As an added bonus, the power usage and heat generation are less than 50% of scrypt! Even Nvidia users are welcome with an efficiency of over 50% of AMD, and a continues development to even that playground.

Actually a gtx780ti is doing better than a R9 290x, which is kind of funny since it is opencl.
Not sure what you mean by 50% efficiency of AMD

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Tweek (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:47:05 PM

Actually a gtx780ti is doing better than a R9 290x, which is kind of funny since it is opencl.
Not sure what you mean by 50% efficiency of AMD
On the IRC channel and in the Curecoin thread I see a lot of questions about low results with GTX, usually about the 600 series. But thanks for the input, I will change that bit. Smiley

Just to correct you. It doesn't combine the bitcoin protocol with FAH, it's centralized in that standford send you curecoins based on your WU, curecoin is altogether just an altcoin based on SHA256.
It depends on how you look at it. From a technical point of view you are right, the bitcoin protocol and the Folding are completely seperated. But from a normal user point of view they are both combined into 1 coin. That's why I mentioned it like this.

pixskull

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

We support you for as long as you need.

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:55:01 PM

Thanks for sharing Tweak!  Love the site in the first place, I'll be sure to check it out!
Mastermine

Activity: 440

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:56:22 PM

As usual great information Tweak! Love your website and hope to see it blow up in popularity Smiley.

Curecoin is amazing. Everyone should be doing this. EVERYONE.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: