Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:14:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First Zeusminer in hand!  (Read 1861 times)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:19:24 AM

And the asic race continues.. im wondering how many of you will actualy reach roi without some serious tweaks.
As you can see, difficulty keeps going up, sometimes it seams you are racing one against the other.
hopefully the price will follow difficulty in some way, so far its sideways :/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Instamatic

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:18:25 PM

And the asic race continues.. im wondering how many of you will actualy reach roi without some serious tweaks.
As you can see, difficulty keeps going up, sometimes it seams you are racing one against the other.

Certainly it's a race.  We can't expect to have 100% approval not to use ASIC's for financial gain.  So then we either join the arms race or accept our lot and pickup the scraps.  I've only really learned of cryptocurrency about 4 months ago but I'm all in.  For a while there I was trying to figure out what all the hoopla was about with the anti-ASIC crowd (not lumping you in there, you just made me think about it).  If it's a more efficient way to mine & distribute the coins then it just makes sense to go that route.  I get that there might be a feeling of unfairness to some but such is life.  I can't afford to jump on the ship at the moment but I do think if I had held off on setting up a GPU mining rig for another month or 2 I could've gone the ASIC route and saved money, headaches, & electricity.  In the end, cryptocurrency needs to thrive and expand.  If we make profit, great.  What we need most is utility for the coins as grendel25 mentioned.

Sorry for a slightly off-topic diatribe.  Congrats on the new miner!
Zeta0S (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:10:13 AM

Certainly it's a race.  We can't expect to have 100% approval not to use ASIC's for financial gain.  So then we either join the arms race or accept our lot and pickup the scraps.  I've only really learned of cryptocurrency about 4 months ago but I'm all in.  For a while there I was trying to figure out what all the hoopla was about with the anti-ASIC crowd (not lumping you in there, you just made me think about it).  If it's a more efficient way to mine & distribute the coins then it just makes sense to go that route.  I get that there might be a feeling of unfairness to some but such is life.  I can't afford to jump on the ship at the moment but I do think if I had held off on setting up a GPU mining rig for another month or 2 I could've gone the ASIC route and saved money, headaches, & electricity.  In the end, cryptocurrency needs to thrive and expand.  If we make profit, great.  What we need most is utility for the coins as grendel25 mentioned.

Sorry for a slightly off-topic diatribe.  Congrats on the new miner!
Thanks!

Its running rock stable for more than a week now.
Already close to getting my import tax back. 

Ow I have a small review on the New R-Box Rockminer to :-)

Video: http://youtu.be/IqANKQGdNGs

More on my review blog: http://www.bitcoinupdate.nl/blog/de-eerste-rockminer-in-nederland

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:29:30 AM

How are the units performing?

I'm interested in the blizzard, seems a nicely made unit and reasonably priced.

Also much cheaper to run than gpu's with similar performance.
Instamatic

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:51:08 PM

How are the units performing?

I'm interested in the blizzard, seems a nicely made unit and reasonably priced.

Also much cheaper to run than gpu's with similar performance.

Same one I'm thinking about.  Half the price roughly, half the setup concerns.  Once I get this rent house sold I may be able to talk the wifey into something more like the Gridseed 80.  Doubtful, but she's onboard with crypto, just doesn't care for the frying of motherboards & psu's part.   Grin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: