Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:23:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Begin mining?  (Read 1570 times)
Damianxz (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:08:05 PM

Hi! Just got a photovoltaic system in my home and im thinking buying hardware for mining. I have some questions because im completely noob. i tried once to mine with my imac and i got something like 0,000001 btc in 4 hours. i gave up of course. now i want to invest around 1000€ in hardware. which hardware to get? and how much btc/24h (without considering electricity cost) i can min with such hardware? or maybe there are better cryptocurrencies to mine? thanks
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:46:13 PM

Hi! Just got a photovoltaic system in my home and im thinking buying hardware for mining. I have some questions because im completely noob. i tried once to mine with my imac and i got something like 0,000001 btc in 4 hours. i gave up of course. now i want to invest around 1000€ in hardware. which hardware to get? and how much btc/24h (without considering electricity cost) i can min with such hardware? or maybe there are better cryptocurrencies to mine? thanks

Bitmaintech.com  IMO is the best company to buy miners from.  I've bought 4, two seperate ordrer, recieved to Canada with in 5 days of me PAYING.
Damianxz (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:57:16 PM

Bitmaintech.com  IMO is the best company to buy miners from.  I've bought 4, two seperate ordrer, recieved to Canada with in 5 days of me PAYING.

ok but i asked for a little more
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:37:34 PM

Coinwarz.com

I'm at work and don't want to spend time figuring it out.  Coinwarz it and it will tell you everything.
Damianxz (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:37:51 PM

Bitmaintech.com  IMO is the best company to buy miners from.  I've bought 4, two seperate ordrer, recieved to Canada with in 5 days of me PAYING.

Coinwarz.com

I'm at work and don't want to spend time figuring it out.  Coinwarz it and it will tell you everything.

ok i've put 1th/s, 0 power consumption, and the result is aroun 28$/day. is it a true value of ive set something wrong? and another question: ive noticed some discrepancy of hash/s values around. some are in gh/th and some even on kh, like this miner http://zoomhash.com/products/gridseed-80-chip-blade-miner-5200khs/#
what ive missed?
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:57:19 PM

Oh wow you are green (no offense!!!)

Okay Mh/s is for scrypt minig (litecoin/dogecoin)

G/hs or T/hs is a miner for Sha-256 (Bitcoin/peercoin)

Greed seed are scrypt miners, not a bad option if you want to mine lite and dogecoin(I'm actually debating buying one of the 350kh/s units just for fun to mine me some doge).

It's very important you choose the right miner for what you want to mine, a scrypt miner can't mine Bitcoin and a SHA miner can not min scrypt.

$28 a day sounds about right, with 720 G/h I'm earning pretty much what coinwarz says, give and take depending on luck.

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 05:23:46 PM

You can't get 1TH/s for 1000 euros FYI.  Need a few more hundred.

Probably in the $1500-$2000 range you can get a 1 TH/s miner for SHA-256.

You should be able to get a couple of Gridseed Blades(10 MH/s total) for 1000 euros though.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Damianxz (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:51:24 PM

You can't get 1TH/s for 1000 euros FYI.  Need a few more hundred.

Probably in the $1500-$2000 range you can get a 1 TH/s miner for SHA-256.

You should be able to get a couple of Gridseed Blades(10 MH/s total) for 1000 euros though.

yes i know, i will raise the budget in case, if it will be worth. my problem is now which miner to get and what to mine.
Damianxz (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:03:03 PM

Greed seed are scrypt miners, not a bad option if you want to mine lite and dogecoin(I'm actually debating buying one of the 350kh/s units just for fun to mine me some doge).

It's very important you choose the right miner for what you want to mine, a scrypt miner can't mine Bitcoin and a SHA miner can not min scrypt.

$28 a day sounds about right, with 720 G/h I'm earning pretty much what coinwarz says, give and take depending on luck.

ok thanks for the explanation. 1th/s sha-256 can be compared with how many mh/s scrypt value (being also in same price range)?
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 06:24:26 PM

ok thanks for the explanation. 1th/s sha-256 can be compared with how many mh/s scrypt value (being also in same price range)?

1 TH/s SHA-256 equal to roughly 20 MH/s for Scrypt if you were to mine for the major coins of each, Bitcoin and Litecoin.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Damianxz (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:49:03 PM

1 TH/s SHA-256 equal to roughly 20 MH/s for Scrypt if you were to mine for the major coins of each, Bitcoin and Litecoin.

it seems getting the same hash rate in scrypt, costs twice. or im wrong? what u all suggest its better?
gsupp

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:02:34 PM

it seems getting the same hash rate in scrypt, costs twice. or im wrong? what u all suggest its better?

Cheaper, faster Scrypt ASICs are coming out: http://zeusminer.com/shop

It's really a never ending battle. Every time the difficulty increases your daily profits will drop. A faster, cheaper, lower power ASIC is always right around the corner. Try using a calculator that takes this into account, such as: https://tradeblock.com/mining/
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 07:04:42 PM

Yes, buying Scrypt Asics will be more expensive in the beginning, since it was just introduced this year.  SHA-256 asics gradually going lower in price due to maturing tech and market saturation.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Specialkey

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:07:02 PM

Go to Betarigs. It is a better investment to rent hardware.

much luck:-)
Damianxz (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:59:17 PM

Go to Betarigs. It is a better investment to rent hardware.

much luck:-)

i dont understand this hardware renting. there are 2 options:
1)i pay an amount and i get more than i spent>why someone would rent me hardware if they can get more money by themself
2) i pay an amount and i get less than i spent> why i have to lose my money??
Damianxz (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:10:25 PM

Cheaper, faster Scrypt ASICs are coming out: http://zeusminer.com/shop

It's really a never ending battle. Every time the difficulty increases your daily profits will drop. A faster, cheaper, lower power ASIC is always right around the corner. Try using a calculator that takes this into account, such as: https://tradeblock.com/mining/

i used that calculator and it seems impossible trying to earn something with mining.  after 4-5 months from now, revenue its ridicolous... everytime i know something new about this mining, i get more confused than before
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:48:56 AM

Here is my story.

I bought 1 S1 Ant miner ~March 21st for .98 BTC + 50 power stupply.

~March 31st I bought 3 more S1 ant miners for .88 BTC + 3*50 for PS.

I've earned 2.1 BTC, 240 PPC and 5000 Joulecoins(LOL).

I earn less about every 2 weeks but still doing well, ~.02 BTC a day and 2 ppc.

Furthermore when I upgrade my gear I will be able to sell my stuff increasing la profit.
Monalisa80

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:51:34 AM

What would be a realistic price for a 1 TH/s miner at the moment?
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:06:10 PM

What would be a realistic price for a 1 TH/s miner at the moment?

Bitmaintech.com

The S2 is what you should be paying.

The S1 is still VERY well priced.
snowcrawl

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:28:10 PM

My first experience with cloud mining last October is what got me interested in mining.  A 1 week mining contract of 1 GH, which back then was able to generate roughly 1 payout of 0.01 BTC, or about $5.70 by today's price.  If I could have the hash power that I have today (310 GH) and use it back in October 2013, I would have made 3 bitcoins ($1700) in a week.  Whereas today it only earns about $60 per week (and less and less as time goes on).

I purchased six 24 GH Technobit HEX16A2 miners from ebay over a period of month.  Within that time the seller brought down the price by at least half, so the first two miners I bought cost me twice as much as the last two I bought.   I've earned a little over half a bitcoin with the Technobit miners, so I'm not even close breaking even, considering that the first two miners cost over $400.  They will soon reach the point of no longer generating enough to justify the electricity costs, and become paperweights.  I've reinvested most of it into PB Mining in order to double my hash rate through cloud mining.  A never ending battle to be sure.  The only clear winners are the people who sell the equipment.  What we tend to get is a fraction of what we were hoping for, and it is difficult to see the big picture when you are new to mining.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: