Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:05:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dat volume  (Read 1936 times)
RandomPedestrianN9 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:49:42 PM

Nice pump, volume back to normal = that means extremely low volume and still decreasing. The hype is over, average Joes are gone, have fun, bagholders. Nice try tho. BTC exchanges are dead, only bots trading on them and these bots only follow Huobi anyway.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ShameOnYou

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:51:44 PM

I was feeling pretty bearish when we dropped from 595 last, but sell volume just keeps dying out and can't push past this 550-570 area. I think if it holds again I'm gonna buy back.
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:40:08 PM

Nice pump, volume back to normal = that means extremely low volume and still decreasing. The hype is over, average Joes are gone, have fun, bagholders. Nice try tho. BTC exchanges are dead, only bots trading on them and these bots only follow Huobi anyway.

lmao. We're still up ~25% in value from a couple weeks ago so why all the doom and gloom? In the face of all these positive developments and all the bullish signals suggesting another rapid run up in price this summer, you're still going to keep pushing this FUD?

You must be on someone's payroll? Perhaps the PBOC?

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
ShameOnYou

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:01:07 PM

lmao. We're still up ~25% in value from a couple weeks ago so why all the doom and gloom? In the face of all these positive developments and all the bullish signals suggesting another rapid run up in price this summer, you're still going to keep pushing this FUD?

I'm curious what you mean by "all the bullish signals suggesting another rapid run up in price this summer"...like i know that lots of people are saying that. But what exactly are the bullish signals that make it so clear?
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:04:21 PM

I'm curious what you mean by "all the bullish signals suggesting another rapid run up in price this summer"...like i know that lots of people are saying that. But what exactly are the bullish signals that make it so clear?

In the news articles (about bitcoin) a lot of infrastructure is being built around bitcoin (I could list numerous things I heard of and it wouldn't be a quarter of what I could remember)  Facebook guy going to bitgo (recent).  Winklevoss Trading Fund ("WTF" - jk)  numerous atms, etc

Its based (mainly) on speculation (like what bitcoin is used to).  I asked others why the summer.  Some said that it is when the winklevoss approve their ETF (we seen that their original bank had issues, lets see if they get it soon).  
gog1

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:06:20 PM

probably consolidating for the next move
ShameOnYou

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:20:24 PM

In the news articles (about bitcoin) a lot of infrastructure is being built around bitcoin (I could list numerous things I heard of and it wouldn't be a quarter of what I could remember)  Facebook guy going to bitgo (recent).  Winklevoss Trading Fund ("WTF" - jk)  numerous atms, etc

Its based (mainly) on speculation (like what bitcoin is used to).  I asked others why the summer.  Some said that it is when the winklevoss approve their ETF (we seen that their original bank had issues, lets see if they get it soon).  

But there has obviously been lots of news around much infrastructure being built around bitcoin during this entire downtrend. So that reasoning seems pretty flat. I guess the Winklevoss thing maybe. June 2013 was a pretty rough time -- hopefully we don't see a repeat with all these high expectations!
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:23:33 PM

The uptrend is started, low volumes after this fast climb doesn't mean anything in my opinion, we need some consolidation to set 570$ as the new bottom.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
eagles343

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:32:18 PM

what support level would have to break for the uptrend to be considered over or failed??
Bitcopia

Activity: 715

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:54:33 PM

what support level would have to break for the uptrend to be considered over or failed??

We'd have to drop below ~$450 and stay under for at least a couple days. But we're already 9 days out of the downtrend, there is good news everywhere, and sentiment is shifting to the upside. Reverting to the previous downtrend is highly unlikely.
CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:07:25 PM

We'd have to drop below ~$450 and stay under for at least a couple days. But we're already 9 days out of the downtrend, there is good news everywhere, and sentiment is shifting to the upside. Reverting to the previous downtrend is highly unlikely.

I know we broke through the down trend line / triangle, but does that mean the down trend is definitely over? Unless we enter a definitive uptrend or we enter a range (the latter we won't know until some time has passed), I'd say we are swimming in no man's land, and that the downtrend could rear its ugly head again.

nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:13:49 PM

We didn't see 600$ yet but dont be so negative OP.
Tommorow is a good day for a rise again.

Ofcourse we could also go down again, but after a while down, the charts mostly go up after a while.
Especially after we had such bad news with mtgox, Wich the media could exploit.
So now all has settled down I think Bitcoin did really good and we can see a rise again with some good news!
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:19:44 PM

I agree. Don't look at the previous rise in terms of pass or fail. We got a nice rise with solid volume--I'd say that's a success. After a correction (which is inevitable at some point, we can't move up forever) the uptrend will likely resume.
Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:24:16 PM

I agree. Don't look at the previous rise in terms of pass or fail. We got a nice rise with solid volume--I'd say that's a success. After a correction (which is inevitable at some point, we can't move up forever) the uptrend will likely resume.

Well I guess that's sort of the question. The "uptrend will likely resume" -- but if it won't, what signals are we looking for? I've been trying to figure that out myself.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:27:48 PM

You really think someone's paying the guy?
bassclef

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:31:01 PM

Well I guess that's sort of the question. The "uptrend will likely resume" -- but if it won't, what signals are we looking for? I've been trying to figure that out myself.

If we retraced back more than 75% of the current rise on heavy sell volume I would question it. Still, looking at last summer's chart you can see we retraced 50-60% after a strong ascent out of final capitulation, then the uptrend continued.
Marbit

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:33:27 PM

It's tough, because if we were to fall back into a down trend, you'd almost have to wait for such a massive drop to confirm that's what was happening, rather than just a correction to the uptrend. Oh, trading...
bassclef

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:43:35 PM

It's tough, because if we were to fall back into a down trend, you'd almost have to wait for such a massive drop to confirm that's what was happening, rather than just a correction to the uptrend. Oh, trading...

A correction will be a change in trend, just on a smaller scale. The larger trend would still be intact. I look for reversal patterns. Volume is important too. I'm looking at the 12h chart... sorta see a double top, maybe a h&s...declining volume makes me nervous... but you never know because Huobi could explode upward again.
Marbit

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:45:18 PM

A correction will be a change in trend, just on a smaller scale. The larger trend would still be intact. I look for reversal patterns. Volume is important too. I'm looking at the 12h chart... sorta see a double top, maybe a h&s... but you never know because Huobi could explode upward again.

Ah, so here we are still with western exchanges simply following Huobi (and Okcoin)... how long will that last? If it keeps up, we are bound to be held hostage to news out of the PBOC, etc Smiley
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:02:05 PM

I will be buying some coins on May 30, 2014 (two days from now). You can expect the price to drop the following day, which will be June 1, 2014. FML.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: