Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:12:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptoxchange's System Sucks? or Just Me?  (Read 2005 times)
BillGalaxy (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 12:03:18 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2012, 06:12:17 PM by BillGalaxy

hello, everyone

Cryptoxchange.com is a new exchanger of bitcoin, but it has a bad system. here are 3 of its weakness:

1: huge time delay on Buy action(may be sell too), at least 10 secs delay on buy action.
for example, you saw a price 5$ on ask list, you buy it immediately, 5secs after your order, nothing happen. 10 secs after, at last, you saw your order complete.

another example, you saw a price 5$ on ask list, you buy it immediately, 5secs after your order, nothing happen.5$ still on ask list, 10 secs after, still nothing change. however you find the 5$ price ask has already gone ,off the ask list(some one bought it), and your buy order is still waiting at order list at 5$. anger, hum?

suggestion: make it instant, just like other exchangers, instant,real time.0.1sec.

2: suck "insufficient funds" check

this weakness exists in everywhere of this system, every time you try to buy/sell/withdraw something, if the total amount more than your funds existing, you will get "You have insufficient funds" Err and your whole order is canceled.

for example, you saw an ask of 1000bitcoins at 5$, but you have only 4900$ in your account, if you make an order buy 1000btc at 5, you will see "You have insufficient funds" Err, and you didn't buy a penny of bitcoin.you need to calculate yourself every time you do it.

suggestion: let through every order client makes, if his/her funds existing isn't enough for this order, then let the valid part be executed, and mark the rest part pending or not enough fund.

3: order matching error

this weakness caused by the huge delay and bad database/cache speed.
for example, at this time,February 22, 2012, 10:15:47 AM, you have such view on Cryptoxchange's order list:
Market - Ask
Displaying items 1 - 15 of 80
Quantity(BTC)   Price(USD)   Amount(USD)   Date
70.85001600   4.32010   306.0792   2/22/2012 10:05 AM
4.90000000   4.47500   21.9275   2/22/2012 7:04 AM

Market - Bid
Displaying items 1 - 15 of 28
Quantity(BTC)   Price(USD)   Amount(USD)   Date
25.97000000   4.33000   112.4501   2/22/2012 10:05 AM
73.02818400   4.32000   315.4818   2/22/2012 10:10 AM

another example:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64546.0

see? bid price is bigger than ask price, this is not a special case, it happens all the time, and this will stay for a long time, can be there more than 10 minutes. what a surprise. Cryptoxchange said they are working on them now, but i think, this problem is with the huge delay one, if they can't fix that problem for such a long time, then this one neither.

it has been many days that i reported these 3 problems to cryptoxchange Member on forum by pm, he/she did reply me that he will report them to support team, but nothing has been improved until now, guess they don't really care about these.

Until now, nothing has been improved, if you are also a Cryptoxchange user, please reply here with your opinion, thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoxchange

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2012, 12:27:48 PM

Hi,

Please email contact@cryptoxchange.com with your account number and your problems will be resolved promptly, it is something specific to your account Sir.

Thank you

Crypto X Change

Crypto X Change Global Bitcoin Exchange - Deposit & Withdraw to and from Our Exchange now for a $5 Flat fee - No Wire Costs or Bank Fee's - 100% Automated Banking System & Extremely fast transfers. We can send out Withdraws to over 120 Currencies. www.cryptoxchange.com
BillGalaxy (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 01:15:48 PM

+ cryptoxchange replied me, they believe i am the only one who met these 2 problems, but i don't think so. if you are also a Cryptoxchange user, please reply here with your opinion, thank you
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 08:47:47 PM

Pretty sure I've seen slow order execution as well before, although I've never done anything that would cause the second issue you mention.

The slow order execution may just be caching as well - the order gets executed quickly, but if the order book is cached, you might not see that it was executed until a few seconds later.
BillGalaxy (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 11:32:56 PM

Pretty sure I've seen slow order execution as well before, although I've never done anything that would cause the second issue you mention.

The slow order execution may just be caching as well - the order gets executed quickly, but if the order book is cached, you might not see that it was executed until a few seconds later.

thank you for your comment.

the thing is in mtgox(just for example), if we make a order, 0.1 sec after, you saw your order place in order list(with ajax table), if there is enough ask, 0.1-0.5 sec after, your order is completed, and that order will be gone. right?

however, in Cryptoxchange, you will definitely not have this fast, once you buy, your order cost 1 sec to be placed on buy list(you click on the button of buy,the page will then reload, that cost 1 sec), and it takes at least 5-10 more secs to complete your buy order if there is still enough ask.

i am not talking about special situation, i am talking about general situation. all my orders have such delay. and i believe everyone has this delay.

and i agree with order book cache can cause the price on list but actually gone, that's why instant trade so important.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 11:39:05 PM

Yep, I can confirm that there is a delay between the time of placing a given bid/ask and the time that it is fulfilled.

It was confusing the first time to see my bid of $5.50 and an ask of $5.50 sit there side-by-side for a good 20 seconds.

It was also confusing the 2nd time, and the 3rd.

Nonetheless, Cryptoxchange has definitely impressed me so far.  I'm sure they will take care of this.
cryptoxchange

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2012, 12:05:35 AM

Yep, I can confirm that there is a delay between the time of placing a given bid/ask and the time that it is fulfilled.

It was confusing the first time to see my bid of $5.50 and an ask of $5.50 sit there side-by-side for a good 20 seconds.

Nonetheless, Cryptoxchange has definitely impressed me so far.  I'm sure they will take care of this.

Hi,

Theres a huge update going in for the speed of the processing engine, there are literally so many checks it does etc. However, our guys have this sorted and it will be live within 24 hours so what you see now will be instant. It does actually do the trade, the lag is from the UI what you see. But all is fixed just about to be updated Smiley

Regards Crypto X Change

Crypto X Change Global Bitcoin Exchange - Deposit & Withdraw to and from Our Exchange now for a $5 Flat fee - No Wire Costs or Bank Fee's - 100% Automated Banking System & Extremely fast transfers. We can send out Withdraws to over 120 Currencies. www.cryptoxchange.com
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 12:26:53 AM

Hi,

Theres a huge update going in for the speed of the processing engine, there are literally so many checks it does etc. However, our guys have this sorted and it will be live within 24 hours so what you see now will be instant. It does actually do the trade, the lag is from the UI what you see. But all is fixed just about to be updated Smiley

Regards Crypto X Change

Awesome Smiley  Keep up the good work.
MaxSan

Activity: 369

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 12:38:15 AM

Yeh there rounding system sucks. I put in for *exactly* 488USD order and it still stated insufficient funds lol. dont bother me i just knocked a few points of the end.
BillGalaxy (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 01:10:19 AM

Nonetheless, Cryptoxchange has definitely impressed me so far.  I'm sure they will take care of this.

Hi,

Regards Crypto X Change

now you finally begin to face these problems, this is good. because your replies earlier to me, from you, from your company, really made me feel sad, they were so irresponsibility excuse and you even doubt what i post here.

we, as clients, giving our suggestions, its a very good thing for you to improve your service and make you always better. we are even better than your most silent clients, because once they feel bad, they just leave you.
hope you understand.
cryptoxchange

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2012, 03:34:11 AM

Hi Bill,

We are constantly working on improvements literally 6 days a week, we have about 2-3 months of work that's un released, we are just finalizing the testing now.
The speed of the trade engine is one part which is always being looked at and improved, we won't stop investing in the improvements of the exchange Smiley

Thanks

Crypto X Change

whornbeck51

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 12:20:16 AM

I'll agree the system sucks.  I have had 1.5 BTC tied up that I am unable to withdraw or sell in cryptoxchange for 3 weeks and nobody seems to be able to fix the problem.  This is in addition to the other problems listed here.  This is an ongoing problem that I contact them about on a regular basis.
MaxSan

Activity: 369

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 02:29:04 AM

all being said i still would use crypto over the other exchanges any day. Not saying all are bad just a few i have used have been less than flexible when needed.
cryptoxchange

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 08:06:43 AM

I'll agree the system sucks.  I have had 1.5 BTC tied up that I am unable to withdraw or sell in cryptoxchange for 3 weeks and nobody seems to be able to fix the problem.  This is in addition to the other problems listed here.  This is an ongoing problem that I contact them about on a regular basis.

Hi,

We are very sorry. Please contact us ASAP via contact@cryptoxchange.com also with your ACC Number and information about the issue and our guys will fix it straight away. Thank you very much!

Regards

Crypto X Change

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 08:33:58 AM

I can give a definite +1 to Cryptoxchange in terms of support.  They've been awesome according to my experience thus far.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 05:06:22 AM

I can give a definite +1 to Cryptoxchange in terms of support.  They've been awesome according to my experience thus far.
I also have to give Cryptoxchange a +1 as well.

There have been some hickups for me, mostly caused by myself.  They seem to respond to problems quickly.

Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 07:10:46 AM

+1 for Crypto from me as well... I had a bit of a problem, caused by me, and some bad timing regarding an upgrade they were doing, but it worked out well and I ended up doing my next "big" purchase with them again and it went very smooth and they were attentive.

BillGalaxy (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 09:47:14 AM

however, shits keep happening.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64546.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: