Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:51:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: eBay will go bankrupt in 10-15 yrs, and Bitcoin will be largely to blame  (Read 4021 times)
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 06:11:11 AM

Ebay is massive. Bitcoin is still to complicated for the average person.

With the introduction of payment processors such as Bitpay and Coinbase, Bitcoin is no more complicated when compared to Paypal right now. But safe storage of the coins seems to be out of reach for the non-tech savvy users.
Coinbase IS safe storage of the coins! It's also extremely user-friendly. Unfortunately it's mostly limited to American users, at least for now.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:29:07 AM

I'd have to agree the BTC could play a huge part in the fall of Ebay.  If you consider the amount of mom and pop ebays that pop up when a new altcoin comes along then you can imagine how the future will have many more of these ebay like online storefronts.

It's must me annoying watching the control of their market shrink as time progresses.  Maybe they will do the smart thing and slowly accept BTC and other cryptos that are worth investing in..
Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:46:48 AM

Wait until the Digital Goods Store and Physical Goods Store of Nxt will go beta

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 09:01:05 AM

ebay and all other such sites will adapt or die.

It is the way of things.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:06:11 PM

how much are ebay fee;s ? I recently sold something and it seemed like fee's were 11-12%
thats a shitload if you ask me..

also I havn't had tme to look into this yet so I figured Id ask quckly.. when you owe ebay fees... do they just auto take it from your paypal and thus auto take from bank acct (if linked to bank acct) ? Pretty wrong if that if that is what they do, if it is indeed hat happened to me.

I am sure its all legal and above board but a shity move to just take funds after sneding you the invoice for like 2 hours...

I'm someone that actually lives off selling on Ebay and Amazon and I have no problem with the fees at all. No other sites promote my sales with advertising and search engines as well as Amazon and Ebay. Doesn't matter what the fees are if you aren't making sales. I'll happily pay even more (I pay around 30% to Amazon to take care of nearly everything). I do have a problem with the restrictions - like only being able to accept PayPal (or do my own credit card processing) I used to accept checks on Ebay before the restriction and never had a problem and would now love to accept Bitcoin. Or the fact that I can't sell clothes or cell phones on Amazon.

I want Dark Market (or Open Bazaar) to get going. That will be the shit. Assuming, of course, search engines index it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: