Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:47:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [For Sale] A Way to Spread the Bitcoin Word  (Read 1714 times)
Current-C (OP)

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2011, 07:05:59 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2011, 03:37:08 PM by Current-C

As a way to help get the Bitcoin message out into the "real" world, I'm offering some Bitcoin stickers.  

My thought is that we can start putting them up in public places where more people might see them.  This will hopefully pique their curiosity and lead them to the Bitcoin community.  

To that end I've created this sticker:

The sticker measures 4"x4" and I'm currently listing them at 3 2BTC the btc equivalent of $2 each, the proceeds of which will be reinvested in the promotion of Bitcoins and the community.  Shipping is free and only to the US for now.  Please PM me if you're interested, and feel free to post here with your thoughts/suggestions.

Thanks!

(mining rig and cat not included  Smiley)

Edit:  Pm me for pricing on larger orders.
Edit2: Isn't it great owning an appreciating currency?   Grin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lulzplzkthx

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2011, 07:23:08 PM

3 BTC per sticker? That's quite a bit. That's like paying $3.50 for a sticker. Maybe you should sell them in bulk for 3 BTC.

Current-C (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2011, 07:34:40 PM

Thank you for your input lulzplzkthx.  I would certainly consider selling in bulk -- I can do 2 btc each if you buy 3 or more.  pm me for rates for larger orders if interested.  Also as I said all proceeds will be reinvested into the bitcoin community.  Smiley
EllisD

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2011, 08:41:39 PM

3 BTC per sticker? That's quite a bit. That's like paying $3.50 for a sticker. Maybe you should sell them in bulk for 3 BTC.

this, its a damn sticker man. i'm sure you could make 100 of em for >5$
Current-C (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2011, 09:11:04 PM

Perhaps I should clarify -- It's not just a sticker printed on paper, its "bumpersticker" quality i.e. waterproof etc.  Similar sized stickers are selling on the web for the same price or more.  That said with the recent rally I'll drop it to 2btc for 1 sticker.  If you can find someone who can produce these for $5/100 please do let me know!
fornit

Activity: 991
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 12:03:49 AM

in the german forum someone offered stickers in german, roughly 3x3".
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4237.msg83451#msg83451
translated quote:

1 Sticker            0,2 BTC
10 Stickers   1,5 BTC (0,15 BTC each)
100 Stickers 12,- BTC (0,12 BTC each)
500 Stickers 50,- BTC (0,10 BTC each)
+ shipping

stickers have german language, so this is just for a price comparision.

Current-C (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 03:47:25 AM

That's great and they're cheaper than mine so if you live somewhere that speaks German you should buy a bunch and put them up all over. 

I'm selling the one's I have at my cost plus a small markup which I've said I'll put back into promoting Bitcoins.  Believe me I'm not getting rich on 2 bitcoin stickers, it's just a way for people that are interested to have something delivered to their door they can easily put up in a public place to encourage the use of Bitcoins.  It benefits all of us to have more people know about Bitcoins.

If you think they're too expensive or you don't like them don't buy them.   Tongue
lulzplzkthx

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2011, 09:53:41 PM

http://www.123stickers.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=24

$1.66 for 250 4.25"x4.25" stickers here.
Add $0.44 for postage and you have $2.1
Multiply that by (1/1.4) for Bitcoin conversion and you've got 1.50 BTC

And the longevity is 3-5 years outdoor use.

Still a bit expensive, and I can't say I'd buy one, but a little cheaper than 3 BTC, yeah?

I'm sure you can find cheaper stickers elsewhere. This was just the first site for "custom stickers".

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2011, 10:52:36 PM

http://www.123stickers.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=24

$1.66 for 250 4.25"x4.25" stickers here.
Add $0.44 for postage and you have $2.1
Multiply that by (1/1.4) for Bitcoin conversion and you've got 1.50 BTC

And the longevity is 3-5 years outdoor use.

Still a bit expensive, and I can't say I'd buy one, but a little cheaper than 3 BTC, yeah?

I'm sure you can find cheaper stickers elsewhere. This was just the first site for "custom stickers".

Is he not allowed to make a profit?

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 24, 2011, 03:00:27 AM

I bought one. I think he could make killing selling them at 2BTC. and that's fine by me.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
lulzplzkthx

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2011, 03:54:54 AM

I don't mind him making a profit by any means. I think that's one fantastic thing about Bitcoin is it opens up a market for those who wouldn't otherwise have it... I just think he could find a better supplier.

Current-C (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2011, 04:51:15 AM

Is he not allowed to make a profit?

Thank you Littleshop. 

I took a small risk, bought a small amount of stickers for the best price I could find at the level I was willing to risk on this venture.  Could I have paid $1.66 for 250 stickers?  Yes, but I didn't really want to sink $415 into a sticker operation.  I'm guessing most other people don't either, so maybe instead they'll spend just a few bucks on one.  If I get some time I may be able to find suppliers that can make them at a lower price.  Or maybe I'll make a smaller version and offer it for less.  If I don't get any more orders that's perfectly fine too, I'll plaster them all over my own city and maybe we'll be the first to have a thriving local Bitcoin market. 

All this talk over what these things should cost aside, this brings up a good debate about how to sell small items in BTC right now with the price so volatile.  It would be nice to have a pricing application where you could enter a price in dollars, paste it to the post and it would do an auto-calculation into BTC (based on mtgox or something).  I'm not going to keep coming back here to update the price every hour and I totally understand people thinking I'm nuts when BTC is skyrocketing like it did today. 
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2011, 08:37:34 AM

If you make a second run of stickers,  it might be a good idea to add "www.bitcoin.org" somewhere on the sticker.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 26, 2011, 11:27:48 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2011, 11:41:05 PM by RodeoX

Got my sticker! Grin

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: