Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:41:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: death of a star??  (Read 833 times)
indiguy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:23:46 AM

The process will take decades as far as I know too. take for example comets take years to even disappear.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
umair127

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:30:13 AM

I just saw a star die, i was smoking a cig and looked up and noticed a star was bigger and brighter than normal, then it turned blue, then red, then it shrunk quickly and completely disappeared from the sky, does nasa have a way to confirm this?
IMAO no way light can travel that fast to you to even see it with the naked eye like that buy I could be wrong.  I see  stars turn colors all the time from glares.  which star was it, you should be able to read it from the constellations

Singlebyte

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:48:40 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 03:19:12 PM by Singlebyte

I just saw a star die, i was smoking a cig and looked up and noticed a star was bigger and brighter than normal, then it turned blue, then red, then it shrunk quickly and completely disappeared from the sky, does nasa have a way to confirm this?
IMAO no way light can travel that fast to you to even see it with the naked eye like that buy I could be wrong.  I see  stars turn colors all the time from glares.  which star was it, you should be able to read it from the constellations

God people are stupid around here.  Light travels at 186,000 miles per second.  What does it matter if you are a block away or 25 light years?  The light still travels at that speed.  You are not seeing the event in "real time", just the time it took for light to travel to you.  In fact we can see star light from 13.5 billion years ago (estimated age of the universe)  And if you had read the thread, I posted a link showing that you can in fact see a star explode with your naked eyes.

http://www.space.com/22453-nova-delphinus-star-explosion-naked-eye.html
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:51:03 AM

IMAO no way light can travel that fast to you to even see it with the naked eye like that buy I could be wrong.  I see  stars turn colors all the time from glares.  which star was it, you should be able to read it from the constellations

God people are stupid around here.  Light travels at 186,000 per second.  What does it matter if you are a block away or 25 light years?  The light still travels at that speed.  You are not seeing the event in "real time", just the time it took for light to travel to you.  In fact we can see star light from 13.5 billion years ago (estimated age of the universe)  And if you had read the thread, I posted a link showing that you can in fact see a star explode with your naked eyes.

haha, you said what i thought but didn't want to say out loud. i don't even understand what he's talking about... light not being fast enough to see? i.. don't know.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:09:32 AM

IMAO no way light can travel that fast to you to even see it with the naked eye like that buy I could be wrong.  I see  stars turn colors all the time from glares.  which star was it, you should be able to read it from the constellations

God people are stupid around here.  Light travels at 186,000 per second.  What does it matter if you are a block away or 25 light years?  The light still travels at that speed.  You are not seeing the event in "real time", just the time it took for light to travel to you.  In fact we can see star light from 13.5 billion years ago (estimated age of the universe)  And if you had read the thread, I posted a link showing that you can in fact see a star explode with your naked eyes.

I can travel at over 186,000 nanometers per second! Remember to include your units.

But yes, people here seem to lack basic science knowledge. I wonder if it's a regional thing (a lot of people that lack a basic science education seem to be Indian).

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: