Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:58:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Military Is Building Brain Chips to Treat PTSD  (Read 545 times)
ijphlrnxewho (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:01:50 AM

The Military Is Building Brain Chips to Treat PTSD
http://www.defenseone.com/technology/2014/05/D1-Tucker-military-building-brain-chips-treat-ptsd/85360/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:15:33 AM

BS. If the American military want to eliminate PTSD among its troops, then I have a very simple and sane suggestion. Stop invading the third world countries such as Libya and Iraq for their natural resources.
ijphlrnxewho (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:03:24 PM

The brain chips will literally turn their soldiers into zombies that can be electronically control by their masters.
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:16:33 PM

Let veterans suffer and self-medicate with illegal drugs and alcohol. That's the good old-fashioned American way to waste away through mental illness!
Cannabis was patented as a Neuroprotectant in 2003 by the US Dept. of Health and Human Services under George W. Bush.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 09:01:01 PM

Remember that not all of these theories and stories are true. A while back many articles were saying Seal's dogs were installed titanium teeth. Remember how that was just a rumour. But you're right, we are pushing moral grounds as scientists are developing many chips that will enhance human capabilities. Recently I read an article on scientists developing chips that can improve the brain. This will be great, but won't that give the rich an advantage which will make the economy unstable.
-T
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:29:00 PM

lets try something really radical.
How about actually treating and resolving the issues caused by the events which trigger PTSD?
Nah, it's much easier to put in chips and use drugs.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:32:17 PM

Remember that not all of these theories and stories are true. A while back many articles were saying Seal's dogs were installed titanium teeth. Remember how that was just a rumour. But you're right, we are pushing moral grounds as scientists are developing many chips that will enhance human capabilities. Recently I read an article on scientists developing chips that can improve the brain. This will be great, but won't that give the rich an advantage which will make the economy unstable.
-T

if actor tom truong posts anything, then it's not true.. he's a schizophrenic after all. i bet he has some story in there about how he was abducted by the 13 inbred european blood lines
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:01:21 AM

If the treatment actually works it would be a great thing. My Father served in Vietnam and suffered silently for a long time before PTSD was even recognized. It can utterly destroy the life of the person suffering from it.

I have my doubts as to the efficacy of it but that is another debate. 

jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:34:55 AM

BS. If the American military want to eliminate PTSD among its troops, then I have a very simple and sane suggestion. Stop invading the third world countries such as Libya and Iraq for their natural resources.

That is the typical, generic response. People need to stop going with what one person says, and be a bit more original. If you weren't ignorant on the topic, you'd change your response.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:43:05 AM

These psychos are freakin' crazy. This can't be real.

But then again, it's just our loving big brother knocking at our bedroom door, that wants to inject us with chips that can control our brain! And the brain doesn't control anything...
Right?
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:58:17 AM

But then again, it's just our loving big brother knocking at our bedroom door, that wants to inject us with chips that can control our brain! And the brain doesn't control anything...
Right?

It certainly leaves room for the conspiracy theorists to question. If it truly is something that can give people relief from a debilitating disease I think it is a great development.

acs267

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:00:45 AM

Right?

It certainly leaves room for the conspiracy theorists to question. If it truly is something that can give people relief from a debilitating disease I think it is a great development.

Isn't it odd how it's 'for the military'? Why not for all people with PTSD? Why would they risk harming a soldier? If each soldier is precious to the military, why would it be to the military?
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:04:28 AM

Right?

Isn't it odd how it's 'for the military'? Why not for all people with PTSD? Why would they risk harming a soldier? If each soldier is precious to the military, why would it be to the military?

Each soldier is far from precious to the military. The current VA scandal is proof enough of that. Our country also fails miserably to protect them in combat as well. During the Iraqi insurgency armor for the Humvees was deemed to costly even though our troops were getting blown up every day by IEDs.

acs267

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:07:12 AM

Right?

Each soldier is far from precious to the military. The current VA scandal is proof enough of that. Our country also fails miserably to protect them in combat as well. During the Iraqi insurgency armor for the Humvees was deemed to costly even though our troops were getting blown up every day by IEDs.

Trust me man, everything stating that Soldiers aren't useful to the Gov is made by over-grown conspiracy theorists. At least, that's what my Government told me! They also told me about ObamaCare, but don't worry, that'll come soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: