Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:08:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitpay/Coinbase will replace Paypal/ViSA some day? BTC platform kicks out ebay?  (Read 5544 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:38:44 AM

Tinfoil hat on, right ? All I see are green numbers both Paypal and Ebay. Just because vocal majority gets attention about some misusing seller protection doest mean 99% of trades are not working right.

Seller protection is a big thing, however more and more companies will rather return your money than loose that 100% or 99% status anyway .

OK... those who need the Buyer protection, they can stick with Paypal. I had a lot of previous bad experiences with them, so I have decided not to use Paypal anymore. Bitpay is good for me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:30:31 AM

Bitpay could replace PayPal only if they start providing Buyer / Seller protection program.

Oh god! Stop this BS. The Paypal Buyer / Seller protection is being misused so much that many of the customers are stopping to accept the payments through Paypal. We don't need similar crap with Bitcoin.

As Ebay seller, yes, i know. I felt it on my skin few times. But even with that crap, buyer protection IS working in most cases, and it's attracting buyers. And where Buyers are, sellers must come. As simple as that. It's not like i can choose. I put my sell orders on 3-4 sites + Ebay/PayPal. Only place where i get buys is Ebay/PayPal. It's just where buyers are and they will stay there as long as they feel safe and will not move to another service if it feels even little bit less safer.
On another note, PayPal / Ebay has huge problem with Seller protection, not because they dont give a crap, but because they have credit card houses on their necks all the time. Buyer can start chargeback trough credit card house, and ther's nothing Ebay / Paypal can do to stop it so in 99% seller ends up with a loss.
If they start using Bitcoin, they will be ones that can really enforce rules, and maybe, just maybe, they could start protecting us sellers.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:05:19 AM

Tinfoil hat on, right ? All I see are green numbers both Paypal and Ebay. Just because vocal majority gets attention about some misusing seller protection doest mean 99% of trades are not working right.

Seller protection is a big thing, however more and more companies will rather return your money than loose that 100% or 99% status anyway .

OK... those who need the Buyer protection, they can stick with Paypal. I had a lot of previous bad experiences with them, so I have decided not to use Paypal anymore. Bitpay is good for me.

Hopefully ebay will allow bitpay as an option but I suspect it will be an internal platform or paypal.

Beymond

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:07:20 AM

Bitpay could replace PayPal only if they start providing Buyer / Seller protection program.

Oh god! Stop this BS. The Paypal Buyer / Seller protection is being misused so much that many of the customers are stopping to accept the payments through Paypal. We don't need similar crap with Bitcoin.

As Ebay seller, yes, i know. I felt it on my skin few times. But even with that crap, buyer protection IS working in most cases, and it's attracting buyers. And where Buyers are, sellers must come. As simple as that. It's not like i can choose. I put my sell orders on 3-4 sites + Ebay/PayPal. Only place where i get buys is Ebay/PayPal. It's just where buyers are and they will stay there as long as they feel safe and will not move to another service if it feels even little bit less safer.
On another note, PayPal / Ebay has huge problem with Seller protection, not because they dont give a crap, but because they have credit card houses on their necks all the time. Buyer can start chargeback trough credit card house, and ther's nothing Ebay / Paypal can do to stop it so in 99% seller ends up with a loss.
If they start using Bitcoin, they will be ones that can really enforce rules, and maybe, just maybe, they could start protecting us sellers.

Yes paypal is very good to buyer but not the seller especially on digital item , if ebay can take bitcoin as payment for digital and paypal for shipping i am sure it will all works well .
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:36:33 AM

This could be a sign of the things to come:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=646664.0

A loss for Visa, and gain for Bitpay.  Grin
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 11:15:07 AM

Why cannot bitpay also process fiat? The procedure is just the reverse of processing bitcoin but uses bitcoin as the carrier of transactions? This requires no banks anywhere in the process and should thus also be of much lower cost.

Bitcoin is irreversible, so they can accept the bitcoin, convert to fiat, no problem... If Bitpay starts to accepts fiat payments, then they have to deal with all the garbage that comes with that... for example, how would they accept the fiat?  I doubt they want people mailing cash, which is why they would need to partner with a bank, Visa, paypal, etc. and boom, there's your 3-5% of fees again.

It's just not in Bitpay's business model.

Perhaps adding Visa's compliance officer will increase their interest in fiat currency, but I doubt it.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
xbit.in

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:29:12 AM

Bitpay is worst and not clear in its terms. I had signup for 1% transaction account with bit.
There is a link inside bitpay account " Raise your daily limit" . I click on that. They ask for verification. I though they want me to verify my identity to raise my daily limit.
I click on it and they upgraded my account to $30/ per month.
I contact their support and ask them to downgrade my account but they deny to downgrade. Finally i have to remove bitpay gateway from my website to avoid loosing $30 per month.

How fair it is a company accept upgrade but dont downgrade ?

Even they charge 0.01 BTC to transfer my earned bitcoin to my wallet including 1%

This is not clear way of doing business.

Here is my post regarding it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641741.0;topicseen

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:08:28 PM

I contact their support and ask them to downgrade my account but they deny to downgrade. Finally i have to remove bitpay gateway from my website to avoid loosing $30 per month.

May be there is a waiting period before you can remove the upgraded account. How much time did you had the upgraded account, before you requested them to cancel it?
chaosPT

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:06:02 PM

The main point is still about Bitcoin Price , if the up and down are so much its very hard for merchant to sustain the price and product .
anujjain

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:31:52 PM

The main point is still about Bitcoin Price , if the up and down are so much its very hard for merchant to sustain the price and product .

Agree, Bitcoin will be stable for accepting more merchants.
xbit.in

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:33:20 PM

AS I told i was that it was just for verification process I click their but soon i realise that it may be upgraded.
I immediately contact to their support and asked that was that upgrade request? if so then please ignore that i dont want to upgrade and leave my plan as it is.
their support team told me that they can ignore it and they have to upgrade it because it was confirmed by me.
LOL.
I replied back that again now i am confirming to downgrade but downgrade is now allowed because they loose $30 Fess for it  Shocked

Why? Bitpay dont allow downgrade plan? and only upgrade is allowed?

Answer me?

May be there is a waiting period before you can remove the upgraded account. How much time did you had the upgraded account, before you requested them to cancel it?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:03:41 PM

AS I told i was that it was just for verification process I click their but soon i realise that it may be upgraded.

OK.. got it. So you upgraded your account by mistake, and you immediately asked the support to undo that. They should have complied with the request, unless there is something against it written on their T&C.
xbit.in

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:15:24 PM

Yes exact.

But they did not undo and upgraded my account.

OK.. got it. So you upgraded your account by mistake, and you immediately asked the support to undo that. They should have complied with the request, unless there is something against it written on their T&C.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 02:20:14 PM

interesting charts about payment-fees.

Noruka

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:24:52 PM

Western Union is pretty much on its way out. 

yup, not surprising. Theres literally no reason to ever use them due to better alternatives (like bitcoin). The fees are so high its only good for extreme need of sending cash right away if you cant get your hands on bitcoins.
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:53:03 AM

Where does Western Union say free ?
Kind of curious what they meant by that

chaosPT

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:00:01 AM

How could post office ever be free ?
murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:07:18 AM

Payment fees for what?
Transferring how much money, in what method, to where?
Without that information the chart is meaningless.
Transferring money from one UK bank account to another is free, so it can't mean that.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:45:36 AM

It definetly will serve as a competition, but doubt it will kick pp and visa out.
You allways have sceptics, and rightfully , for the sole reason that bitcoin still needs to have some changes before stepping up in the market.
zyhsu815 (OP)

Activity: 126

Being trusted is the most precious wealth.

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 11:24:18 AM

It definetly will serve as a competition, but doubt it will kick pp and visa out.
You allways have sceptics, and rightfully , for the sole reason that bitcoin still needs to have some changes before stepping up in the market.

what do you think the changes are?safety or paying on internet directly?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=631679.0
BTC:1AYnG3CcfYonqdhpUQKeLCrBPENWFVGhm9
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: