Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:14:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Next ASIC upgrade?  (Read 3234 times)
kthejung

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:50:04 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 07:12:10 PM by kthejung

I stand corrected on one aspect of my earlier posts.  SP10 by Spondoolies seems like a slim margin of profit is possible; since the price of bitcoin now is almost $600.  At this price, it is slightly better to buy the machine + pay for electric bills than to just buy coins outright.  However, upon reading reviews, it sounds like the SP10 is much louder than other miners and some people have buyer's remorse over the noise.

Do you know if this is still the case? and if so how much is the miner again?

SP10 is $2,800 for 1.4 T/H.   According to the cex.io calculator, set at 30% difficulty increase per month, a 1.4 T/H miner will get you about 5 btcs before the electric costs equal the profit made by the machine(if the price of bitcoin goes up, then you can run the machine longer).  Right now, you can just buy 4.8 btcs with $2,800 without paying for the electric bill or dealing with the noise or heat.  So, no, I do not believe it is profitable to buy the miner anymore.  
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BSIG

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

Vintage4X4

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 08:54:39 PM

Are we done developing better asics? I havent heard any new news of upgrades... Are we about done? Have we decided we cant fit any more hashing power into such as small chip and it be power effective? Or have I just not been paying attention? Also, if there is a new wave coming out, what are the specs going to be (TH/s, Power consumption, etc.)?

nothing to write home about, the next few years should be interesting though.

Vintage4X4
kthejung

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:50:04 PM

Are we done developing better asics? I havent heard any new news of upgrades... Are we about done? Have we decided we cant fit any more hashing power into such as small chip and it be power effective? Or have I just not been paying attention? Also, if there is a new wave coming out, what are the specs going to be (TH/s, Power consumption, etc.)?

nothing to write home about, the next few years should be interesting though.

I do hope that mining will still be feasible for me next year.  I would really like to buy a small(tiny) warehouse and stock some miners in it.  I just really like being a part of the mining system.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: